The Michel Delving Mathom-House (OOC)

Growing food and eating it occupied most of their time.
Orc Chieftain
Exchanged for the word RAG with the 'r' in outer instead, also played vertically (though I didn't include it in the role play part, so I took out the bold for the first word I tried). Sorry about that. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, it's been a while since I played Scrabble. :facepalm:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Khazad Elder
I adjusted your score, @Lady of Shadow. No worries, we all have to refresh our memories. It has been a while since we played. :smooch:

1+3(TL)+2=6+5 (ME)=11

A Middle Earth Bonus:
A bonus of 10 points will be applied to scores for Tolkien words, and 5 points for generic words (i.e., words not specific to Tolkien works) played that are supported by a valid quote from the approved list of J.R.R. Tolkien's writings of fiction:
The Hobbit
The Lord Of The Rings
The Silmarillion
Unfinished Tales
The Children Of Húrin
The History of Middle-earth (HoME)
A Tolkien word is defined as a word not found in the Word Sleuth Dictionary yet found in Tolkien's works or a word that, although located in the Word Sleuth Dictionary, has a unique meaning in Tolkien's works, for example, the word Shire.
When using a quote, it can be no more than 250 words in length and has to be one single quote. If you play the same word twice in one turn, the word must be found twice in the quote. For example, if you play AN and AN in one turn, the word AN must be featured twice in the quote you provide for you to get the Bonus for each word.
The Bonus will be added BEFORE any additional increase (Triple Word Scores, etc.) The word being quoted must appear exactly as you have played (i.e. "jumped" cannot be used if you only played "jump").
If you wish to play a Tolkien word, yet a quote on another word in the same play will gain you a higher score (for example, you play ARAGORN under an E also forming EA, and ARAGORN falls on a TWS, then quoting ARAGORN will get you more points than quoting EA) you may give a separate quote verifying that it exists in a Tolkien book. Still, you won't score points for it.
  • Words must be placed horizontally or vertically, reading left to right or down. Diagonal words are not allowed. Words reading from right to left or up are not allowed. Words requiring apostrophes or hyphens are not allowed. All words must be found in the Word Sleuth Dictionary unless quoted from Tolkien's works.
@Pele Alarion, @Lail, @Akhenanat - you get to use one hyphen word if you so choose. After that we follow the rules. Thanks! :smooch:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Khazad Elder
I am going to have to update after my day in the mines. I ran out of time again! Have a good day!

Orc Chieftain
Whoops, sorry about that. It has now been fixed. Don't know where I got the 13 from, since I checked an earlier post of mine and it was an extra 5 points for an accompanying quote, not 13. :facepalm:
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Khazad Elder
My dear, @Akhenanat. I have blundered. I thought I updated the board on Thursday evening, but did not. It is now updated, and Lady of Shadow used the R in OUTER, creating the word RAG vertically. Could you please play another word? Thank you, and sorry about this. :smooch:

Balrog
Two rounds, two blunder. If I get a third, then I say I should get 100 points, or have 100 points taken away depending on who's responsible.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
I will try not to make any more blunders, although I am having a mug of ale (or two or three) in the Pub, and things could become confusing. :wink:

High Warden of Tower
Hmm, hmm... @Drifa , I was about to post, but then began to look... wasn't it @Akhenanat turn after Lady of Shadow, not mine? :confused: Or should I go ahead?

Khazad Elder
My god, you are right!!! I can not blunder again or I will have to give Frost 100 points!! And I see that he is a minion again. He might torture me in other ways, besides taking all the points. :headshake:

Do you mind waiting, @Pele Alarion? I have all kinds of virtual cookies. You can have as many as you like.

Sorry folks, I have been working long hours. :heart:

High Warden of Tower
:lol: Do you need tea and some honey cake, @Drifa ? To make sure you are relaxed and mistakes run from you? Hehe... sure, I can wait. Errr... Also I ended up saving a draft instead of posting this. Go figure. Here.

Khazad Elder
Thanks, @Pele Alarion! Tea and cake sound lovely! We have been at this 'Plaza thing' a long time now, eh? It's always good to see you around! :smooch:

Balrog
I must apologize to you all, I am not going to drop off, but I am about to go on a small vacation for the next few days and unfortunately I'm not going to have the time to bumble about as much as I would have liked. I give you all permission to move Tarquinius as a chess piece wherever you need to put something until I get back. Good luck all ye wild and merry folx!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
We will keep the ale frothy and cold for your return, @Akhenanat! Have an excellent small vacation, lad!

It looks like you are up, @Pele Alarion whenever you are ready. :smile:

High Warden of Tower
Okays, will tend to it soonish!

Khazad Elder
Hi @Pele Alarion, I'm not sure you can play the word WARD using the A in ANON. The D falls above STUNT. Correct?

High Warden of Tower
@Drifa Ah, yes, it does! Suppose I wanted to find a word somewhere so bad that I didn't notice. :headshake: Am I still allowed to pick something else or the play is forfeit?

Khazad Elder
You may find another word, @Pele Alarion! Just edit it into your post. :smooch:

Some rules may become more lenient, as there are fewer of us playing, and it is for fun and not a league. Do you agree?

High Warden of Tower
:grin: Well, fun is always good! Let's see what I can figure out from that collection of mine...

High Warden of Tower
@Drifa Done, hopefully correctly this time. :grin:

Khazad Elder
Hi @Pele Alarion ! You can only use one quote per post, 250 words per quote. You could get the bonus for ER if both ER and ACT were in the same quote. :smooch:

High Warden of Tower
Eeeps! I really have forgotten half of the rules. :lol:

Khazad Elder
Hi ho! @Pele Alarion ,@Lail , @Akhenanat and @Lady of Shadow

Sorry for the long delay in updating the game. I went and caught the Holidays, the head cold, and the back-to-work blues. I should have a post up soon. Happy New Year!

High Warden of Tower
Oiii, @Drifa ! I forgot... was away visiting the friend, but will hop to it quick, if it is not too late yet.

Khazad Elder
Never to late @Pele Alarion . *grin*

Khazad Elder
@Lail I assume you mean the first N in ANON where the DL is, right? :)

Ent Ancient
@Drifa haha yes I did indeed!

Khazad Elder
Hi ho! Word Sleuthers! @Pele Alarion - looks like you are the last hobbit standing. :thumbs:
There are seven tiles left in the bag. Do you want to keep playing, or do we call you the official longest-ever Word Sleuth match champion? I guess we can always rp the end of the match, eh?

High Warden of Tower
:grin: @Drifa , it is not that much fun playing alone, but can definitely RP. :grin:

Ent Ancient
I completely lost track of this! but I did really enjoy it. I'm happy for @Pele Alarion to be declared the winner, it is most deserved! and thank you @Drifa for hosting a fun game! If I get a chance, I may try to pop up a RP post to wrap up the story but also understand if you prefer not to continue. <3

Khazad Elder
Thank you, @Pele Alarion and @Lail. Thank you, @Lady of Shadow and @Akhenanat. I will attempt to make a closing post. I must say, this has been the longest word sleuth match ever, eh? :) Thanks for playing.

High Warden of Tower
It may have been the longest, @Drifa , but it surely was fun! Thanks for running it. And thanks to others for playing. :grin: