Tolkien Art In Your House?

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Khazad Elder
I never did go through with purchasing the Khazad-dûm print - Print Post. It was almost triple the price with U.S.postage. Besides, upon further inspection, I thought there were too many wheels and chains in the artists' depiction of Khazad-dûm. To Goblin-like for my likings :lol:
A long-time friend of my sons found this piece of Tolkien art at a flea market way back in 2011( wow, time flies). He knew I was a great fan and gave it to me. :heart:

Jimmy Cauty, a British artist, drew the first original poster in the 1970s. According to Wiki, he was 17 years old when he did it. Amazing! My wall hanging is wood with the print laminated onto it.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Arien
Arien
That is gorgeous, @Drifa!
I don’t have as much art up as I’d like but we do have a canvas of Gondor which was a wedding gift. Most of my Tolkien themed stuff is practical, like my map of middle earth blanket
cave anserem

Master Torturer
I have some posters and frames. I need to frame the posters and actually hang them, then I will have some Tolkien art up! :P

Child of Gondor
@Drifa that looks amazing.
Just a 22 year old Tolkien scholar that loves all things Arda.

Khazad Elder
Thanks! I think so too! It has been hanging there for almost four years ( before that, it was in storage). I do not stop and gaze at it every time I pass it by :googly: , but once in a while, I will look closer and enjoy the little details you don't see on a quick pass. :smile:

You can get some pretty decent frames at the Salvation Army and other thrift stores. I recently received another excellent gift for my birthday ( I was so excited :grin: ). I am thinking of copying some prints and having them hung. I especially like Tolkien's depiction of Glaurung on the box cover. The Front Gate, the color version (by H.E. Riddett), is another favourite.

Khazad Elder
Have you seen this new artist with a twist on some Tolkien characters? Take a look! @Priya - THE BALROG HAS WINGS!!! :grin:

https://www.tor.com/2022/08/26/artist-j ... book-feel/

[edit] My husband is sending me old news. :smooch: The article about this artist already appeared in 2019.

Khazad Elder
The album cover, by Jimmy Cauty, of The King Of Elfland's Daughter. Unfortunately, the photo was cropped, which is the best I could find.

Loremaster of the Herd
@Drifa That's GORGEOUS! I really feel like the best fantasy art is this kind of Rackham-y illustration. Really wish we saw more of it.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Loremaster of the Herd
@Drifa That's GORGEOUS! I really feel like the best fantasy art is this kind of Rackham-y illustration. Really wish we saw more of it.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Khazad Elder
@Androthelm - It is lovely! And speaking of Rackham, the artist on the blog that I posted a link to above (Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:33 pm), Justin Gerard, claims Rackham as one of his inspirations! Rackham does have some fantastic art. :thumbs:

Ent Ancient
Oooo wow Drifa that's gorgeous! Also love the other art you shared.

I don't have Tolkien art but I do have two photos from my visit to Hobbiton hanging on the wall! They make me happy. :smile:

New Soul
My husband and I have one corner of the house designated as the "altar to geekdom." On this wall we have a tapestry of the map of Middle-Earth as well as leatherbound copies of the LoTR books. The corner also has items from Star Trek, Indiana Jones, Narnia, Harry Potter' and Star Wars, but the first thing anyone notices is the 3'x3' tapestry and the books.

Khazad Elder
Hi @Bearamir! I feel young seeing your name. In 2003, you were one of the older fanatics to me, although I am probably double your age in real life. Nice to see you.

Check out this Tolkien art—some great stuff. Spiros Gelekas Art