I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
High Lord of Imladris
I have eaten frogs legs! They do taste a lot like chicken (was a fancy chinese buffet that had all sorts of weird food) Texture was off but easily confused for stretched out chicken wings which is what I thought they were when I was like 9 eating them. I have never eaten bug based foods - fried crickets, chocolate covered ants etc

Not really? stairs were the best way to get up to the rafters to check the thatching in older houses so sorta makes sense to me? Have you ever thought about RPing Cross fandom RPs on NuPlaza (or old) if so which?
Sereg a Dîn

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. Chocolate covered ants... A waste of good chocolate, I say. I have never cried while watching the Titanic movie (think I've only seen it once though).

I'm not really into anything else to this level, so nah. I might have tried to incorporate orienteering/rogaining stuff though. Have you ever thought of making a tradition of rereading LOTR or watching a LOTR marathon each year?

Orc Chieftain
I have, when the ship went down (I was more of a Titanic buff than a Leo maniac). I have never visited any of the Hawaiian Islands (yet)

Nope, I tried that once when the Extended Edition of The Fellowship of the Ring first came out, and only made it through three discs. I was pretty dead on my feet the following day, so never again (I watch the movie one day and split the discs with the bonus features over the next two days or so)! I only re-read the books when another adaptation comes out. Is there anyone from the Old Plaza that you miss seeing around (since they either haven't joined Nu Plaza or some other reason)?
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Lord of Imladris
I also have not (yet) I will be going there this coming January though for 20 days! I have never been too all the provinces(whatever yours has) in my Country

I miss Hoth and Beebs I get the odd message from them every once in a while but it's so scattered now really that I miss them. I've never met anyone from the Plaza IRL
Sereg a Dîn

High Warden of Tower
My country is small, and yet I haven't been in all municipalities (think it is our largest administrative division), regions, though, yes - since there are only four. I have never rock climbed.

I have met Karis and Laielinwen, though definitely would want to meet more! Which of your characters (if you RP on plaza) you would choose to come as for a masquerade if it was a requirement?

Khazad Elder
I have never rock climbed. My son is an avid indoor rock climbing enthusiast. I think you might like it, Pele. Good exercise. I have never surfed.

I suppose Drifa would have to attend the masquerade. Afird Spitax would likely drink too much and swing from the chandeliers, embarrassing our clan. :lol: Which Middle-earth character would you like to read about if a sequel was possible?
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Balrog
Neither have I, and I've never had a desire to do so either. I have never own a goat.

If a sequel were possible, I'd like to hear more about the sons of Elrond, we get so short shrifted with them, yet they have foundations be interesting in their own right. You're designing the next Lord of the Rings game, what or who is the topic?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Warden of Tower
My parents had about three of them, if that counts. I have never trained a dog.

A Hobbit tavern cooking game. :lol: If you could rewrite something you've posted on plaza, what would it be and why?

Balrog
I'm training my pup as we speak (it's going... well it's going). I have never tried any of my pup's dog food

I'd probably re-write some of Fleeg's early stuff to make it appear he wasn't so incompetently strange and more creepy and maniacal. What is a storyline or plot or genre you'd never try on the Plaza?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
Hmm, I have never tried dog food. But some of the treats look tasty. How bad could they be? Dog food isn't the same as back in the day. It is more nutritional, so I have read. I have never rollerbladed.

Anything to do with Cannibalism. It's not an enjoyable subject, in my opinion. What character would make a fabulous drag queen? I personally always thought Tom Bombadil would fit the role.

Balrog
I have rollerbladed, but it's been a decade or two since. I have never been more than an hour late to work.

Tom Bombadil would be fantastic, also Celeborn. Has there ever been an unfinished story you wish you could return to and finish?

High Warden of Tower
If handing in translation projects counts as coming in to work... I've been very late a couple times. I have never seen a bear in the forest (suppose I'm thankful for that).

Perhaps a couple of RPs with other people, nothing that I've done by myself. Which ME character would you prefer to be with if you ended up stuck in an elevator for a few hours? Why?

Khazad Elder
I have seen many bears in the forest. Our summer cottage was in a very secluded area, with not many other cottagers around. And I worked in the middle of a forest for close to 20 years. I saw many forest critters. But I have never seen a live crocodile in the wild.

I want to be stuck in an elevator with a dwarven woman (I guess Dis, seeing she is the only female dwarf mentioned). I want to discuss living in a mansion built inside a Mountain and if the dwarf women did things like exfoliating their feet. Do you know that Queen Berúthiel had cats? A white cat that she used as a spy to spy on nine black cats that spied on the going ons in Gondor. What names would you give these feline moles?

Balrog
Neither have I, despite living near the bayou for a decent amount of time. I have never bungee jumped off a bridge

I barely had the spoons to name Laurence, now ten cats? One thing I know for sure is I wouldn't name any of them the same way H.P. Lovecraft did his. What do you think Huan's preferred brand of kibble was?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I, and not sure I'd want to... I have never eaten a frog.

Rock-Hard ones. :lol: How else it could be called for a fur baby like that. Which one is your favourite Tolkien poem?

Khazad Elder
I have never eaten a frog. I have eaten beaver meat - a chewy meat I would not recommend. I have never worn false eyelashes or a stiff-looking toupee.

I don't have a favourite, although I do, on occasion, quote the song, The Road Goes Ever On. Here is one I don't hear often. On your journey through Middle-earth, are you a robe-wearing person or prefer leggings and a tunic?

SHADOW-BRIDE
There was a man who dwelt alone,
as day and night went past
he sat as still as carven stone,
and yet no shadow cast.
The white owls perched upon his head
beneath the winter moon;
they wiped their beaks and thought him dead
under the stars of June.
There came a lady clad in grey
in the twilight shining:
one moment she would stand and stay,
her hair with flowers entwining.
He woke, as had he sprung of stone,
and broke the spell that bound him;
he clasped her fast, both flesh and bone,
and wrapped her shadow round him.
There never more she walks her ways
by sun or moon or star;
she dwells below where neither days
nor any nights there are.
But once a year when caverns yawn
and hidden things awake,
they dance together then till dawn
and a single shadow make.

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I have never been to a soccer game in a stadium filled with people.

Hmm, probably leggings and a tunic. Where in Middle Earth would you organise a picnic and why?

Esquire of The Mark
I have been to a soccer game filled with people! Although I'm not sure if it technically would be defined as a "stadium" or not, it was a minor league team playing in a college's field. I have never been to Mexico.

I think the most obvious answer is somewhere in the Shire, but for me personally, I think somewhere in the White Mountains, overlooking the coastlines and the sea and maybe a forest or two, after a good day of hiking. You're living in Middle-Earth in a time of unprecedented peace. Which craft or trade are you plying, knowing things are safe all over?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I have never tried to teach a cat some tricks.

Probably gardening! :grin: What would be the name of the company if eagles decided to establish a passenger carriage company, and would it provide flights to Mordor?

Khazad Elder
I taught my son's cat not to go into my kitchen. I called it the water-bottle-filled-with-water-spray-the-cat-trick. :smile: Mind you, I am sure she investigated the kitchen when we were not at home or sleeping. I have never touched or have been close to a horse.

Fare Feather Flights would be the name of the company. And they would only pick up passengers in Mordor. Would you hire an Ent to do renovations?

High Warden of Tower
I have ridden a couple times, and almost fell off. A bit scared of horses though. I have never owned a disco ball.

Perhaps, in a garden. Which of the LOTR characters do you think would make the best interviewer for tv?

Khazad Elder
Ah, the old disco ball. I have never owned one, either. I have only seen them in Disco Clubs. I have never been to Salinas, California, the birthplace of John Steinbeck. I have always liked the sound of that name, Salinas.

Lady Galadriel. She would find out all the juice details in her interviews.
At length the Lady Galadriel released them from her eyes, and she smiled. 'Do not let your hearts be troubled,' she said. 'Tonight you shall sleep in peace.' Then they sighed and felt suddenly weary, as those who have been questioned long and deeply, though no words had been spoken openly. TFOTR.

You have had an orc child. Name it.

Istari Sage
I have also never been there. I never much liked Steinbeck’s books to be honest so doesn’t seem like a big miss to me :lol:

I have never been to the southern hemisphere! one day I want to go to NZ and my wife’s stepdad is in Chile which I would also love to visit but so far I’ve never left the northern hemisphere.

If I had an orc child I’d name him Mork and hope that he grew up to be cunningly brutal, or at least brutally cunning.

You get to have dinner with one character in Middle-earth, who are you picking?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. I've only travelled throughout Europe, and it doesn't reach that far down. I have never been to a fancy masquerade (except the RP, apparently :grin: ).

Might go for Faramir and ask about some woodsy skills while at it. Which is your favourite LOTR chapter?

Khazad Elder
Nor have I been to a fancy masquerade. But I have dressed for Halloween. *grin* I have never skateboarded.

I am torn between In The House of Tom Bombadil and The Grey Havens and can not decide. Which one is your favourite chapter?

Newborn of Lothlorien
My favorite chapter is probably The Field of Cormallen.

I have never skateboarded either. I have skied but I never snowboarded. And I never went to the Southern Emisphere but I've been outside Europe once, when I went to Israel.

Pedro Salinas is the name of an excellent Spanish love poet. If you're into this sort of thing, I definitely recommend him. Better than Garcia Lorca, in my opinion, though the latter is pretty much everywhere and Salinas is not.

Have you ever solved a riddle in the Shire?
Last edited by Ephtariat on Mon Mar 18, 2024 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khazad Elder
Ho! @Ephtariat ! Nice to see you posting in- I Have Never. There is a pattern to this game. I have quoted it from a previous post. If you have any questions, let me know. Cheers!
Drifa wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:19 am The gest of the game started back on the old Plaza by Brandybuck. :smile:

GAME
Okay, this is how it works.
Someone posts that they have never done something. If the next Poster has done it, they say, "Yes, I've done it," If they have not, they say, "No, I have not done it. Then you add your own "I have never...."
You must also ask a Plaza-related question, and the next Poster must answer your question (with a bit of detail, please), and then they ask a Plaza question, and so on.

Examples:
1st Poster
I have never been to South Africa.
I have never been to the Market in Gondor.

2nd Poster
I have never been to South Africa, either. I have never gone skydiving.
Yes, I have been to the Gondor Market. The Grocer didn't have any gluten-free bread. Have you ever RP with Finduilas Faelivrin?

3rd Poster
I have never gone skydiving, but I have been scuba diving. I have never touched a live bat.
I have never RP with Finduilas Faelivrin, but I have participated in some non-RP threads with her. I have never RPed an Orc on the Plaza, have you?

4th Poster
I have touched a live bat. The fur was amazingly soft. I have never eaten rabbit meat.
I have never RPed an orc on Plaza. I have always played a dwarf. :smile: Have you ever participated in a Word Sleuth Match?

You can add comments to your posts, but you must follow the examples.

A Brandybuck Game

Newborn of Lothlorien
@Drifa Thanks for the explanation. I had guessed the first part of it but I missed the Plaza question. Now I think it's clear. I'll modify my last comment accordingly.

Istari Sage
I have skateboarded, when I was younger, as well as been to a fancy masquerade (a New Year's party). I have not read anything by Pedro Salinas.

I have also never worn contact lenses. I wear classes but don't feel comfortable putting things on my eyeballs.

I have solved a riddle-or-two in the Shire riddles thread. I'm not that great at writing them, although I think my last one was pretty decent. Which plaza kingdom is the objectively best kingdom? :wink:

High Warden of Tower
I haven't worn contact lenses, but should be getting a pair of glasses at least. I have never played a trumpet.

Objectively? Well, if the number of posts made is seen as objective... Gondor rules! :lol: :headbang: (10587 posts; Rohan - 6569, Shire - 6333, Mordor - 6182, Imladris - 5023, KD - 4018, Fangorn - 2523). Have you ever enjoyed a kingdom-changing spree? And for what reason?

High Lord of Imladris
I have played a Trumpet. I have never played Airsoft

Yes. WHen I got my max rank I know I changed a ridiculous number of times and also for halloween. Most frustrating Lore topic you can think of?
Sereg a Dîn

Newborn of Lothlorien
I have played Airsoft. I have never played live RPGs (although I witnessed a session)

Most frustrating Lore topic for me is one I proposed myself: "What does it take to make a Myth?" I mean, I wish I knew the answer, not in theory, but in practice! :headshake:

Have you responded to the referendum in Admin Messages? Why does everyone like rules? :lol:

Khazad Elder
I have never played live RPGs. The only RPing I have ever participated in was on the Plaza. I have never owned a dishwasher. I am the dishwasher!!

Ah, why would everyone dislike rules. Same sense I guess. Who was the fastest creature in TLOTR?

Newborn of Lothlorien
My dishwasher was a gift, but you didn't say "I have never bought". I have never RPyed on the Plaza.

Everyone should dislike rules on a Tolkien forum, if not for any other valid number of reasons, simply because:
“My political opinions lean more and more to Anarchy (philosophically understood, meaning the abolition of control not whiskered men with bombs) — or to ‘unconstitutional’ Monarchy. I would arrest anybody who uses the word State (in any sense other than the inaminate real of England and its inhabitants, a thing that has neither power, rights nor mind); and after a chance of recantation, execute them if they remained obstinate! If we could go back to personal names, it would do a lot of good.
Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so to refer to people … The most improper job of any many, even saints (who at any rate were at least unwilling to take it on), is bossing other men. Not one in a million is fit for it, and least of all those who seek the opportunity…
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.”
– J.R.R. Tolkien, letter to his son, 1943 (from The Letters of J.R.R. Tolkien)
The fastest creature was Shadowfax. What's the most important rule for Tom Bombadil? :googly:

Istari Sage
I have RP'd plenty on the plaza. I have never been able to whistle with my fingers.

Even if Tolkien did not believe in rules, that doesn't imply that the plaza should not have rules. You can like Tolkien and his work but disagree with him (as I do on many topics).

Shadowfax is described I think as being the fastest horse but I'd expect Gwaihir can fly faster. Have we turned this thread into lore trivia questions now? :lol:

Well he says it a bunch so maybe Tom's most important rule is: "Heed no nightly noise" :googly: in real life you can decide to can have Elves exist but also Orcs OR you can have Ents exist but also Trolls, which are you picking?

Éowyn
Éowyn
I have been able to whistle with my fingers, but I've lost my touch unfortunately. It can also be unlearned. :'( I have never solved a Rubik's cube on my own.

OOoooof, that's a hard one. I think...Elves and Orcs. Which plaza member would you want to meet in real life for drinks and food (that you haven't actually met yet, if you have actually met anyone)?
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

High Warden of Tower
I've only done it after I learned instructions... Don't think I would manage if I had a Rubik's cube now. I have never been in a two-seater aeroplane.

@Arnyn ! Have been wanting for a good long while, but you know I'm a half-hobbit at least and keeping close to my hobbit hole. Would you rather join a large plaza meet or prefer meeting one, two, three people max?

Captain of Tower
I've been *in* a two seater airplane, but not flown in one. I have flown in a Blackhawk several times, but never a Chinook helicopter.

I definitely greatly enjoyed the larger plaza meets I have been to, but my preference is for smaller ones because it is easier to actually talk and get to know one another. What is your current favorite storyline?
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien

High Lord of Imladris
I"VE BEEN in one. It was however on the ground quite permanently at an aviation museum on display for kids to crawl around in. I have never gotten a weird comment on any cosplay social media posts from strangers.

I am Honestly quite enjoying the random lore build up I've had for Fuin even though it sort of dead ended forever ago RP wise due to people being busy IRL in terms of her PTSD healing? What is one story line you'd like to see altered just slightly (and how)?
Sereg a Dîn

Khazad Elder
I have had a few strange comments on the Internet Scrabble Club and Go Scrabble. I have never driven a tractor.

Naturally, I would have liked to have seen a female dwarf. Perhaps Bilbo would have visited the Blue Mountains after his return home, where some of Thorin's folk still dwelt after the death of Smaug and encored a few female dwarves. What other creature would you have chosen to speak in the storyline and why?

High Warden of Tower
Neither have I. And I have never worn flippers.

Now I can imagine Gollum sitting and having tea with Shelob... discussing the weather in Mordor. Because it would just be a rather unlikely thing to happen. :lol: If you ended up being an actor in some theatre performing LOTR, which role would you like to have and why?

High Lord of Imladris
I just recently spent 19 days in Hawaii. I wore flippers every day that didn't have really bad rip tides. I've never finished any battle passes without buying at least a few tokens to finish them...

Gollum. Let me run around like the crazed gremlin I am. It won't hardly be acting. Danni DeVito is now in LOTR.... what role is he playing?
Sereg a Dîn

Khazad Elder
I have not battled but never left a Scrabble game because I was losing. I have never had an iced cappuccino.

Oh, come on! That is a dwarf plug for sure, minus the beard, hahaha. I am unsure if this character looked like a penguin, but I will say the Drûg called Aghan from the short story, The Faithful Stone. What plaza (old or Nu) activity would you like to see become super active again?

Orc Chieftain
Neither have I. The coffee I drink is more like a cafe au lait, made with milk instead of water. I have never met a celebrity

The Mordor Thief Hunt, I really miss that game, so it's a shame it died down. They didn't even have a Halloween version, which was a first. Do you miss the regions of the Old Plaza?
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Warden of Tower
Depends on how popular a celebrity must be. Not on a global level though, no. I have never eaten cockroaches.

Nope, not really. I prefer kingdoms of the current (and old-old) plaza. If you were to read a LOTR character's part for recording an audiobook, which one would you choose?