Ages of Arda IV: Mantle of Darkness - Historical RPG OOC Thread & Sign-ups

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul
It was great, @Lantaelen ! He's commanding and dependable. I remembered that you had your character as Maedhros' right hand man so wanted to alert you as Himring started being updated for the war :encore: . I'm going to have Tarawen's Himring soldier, a high-ranking Elven warrior named Brona, as one of your mounted scouts with one of my mannish characters Haryon Navarphen (an ancestor of one of my Rangers of the North, Dramhir Navarphen "The Arbiter") when they get separated in the smoke of the flaming rivers in my next update I'mhalf-finished with. Brona is going to inevitably discover the approaching army of Lug - an Orc commander - in the smog and escape, finding Himring again and will blow his horn. He will report to you at the open gate of the citadel about the coming Enemy. Haryon will find the Dorthonion escapees, and will lead the survivors ultimately to Himring where they will join Maedhros which Tolkien spoke of. It'll be in the nick of time when the fighting gets the fiercest there, sort of like Gandalf leading Erkenbrand and his force to Helm's Deep in The Two Towers :hobbyhorse: .

Lantaelen, I think I read in your bio that your character has been in the company of Celegorm before. Since I play him, would you like for Lantaelen and Celegorm to interact once he rejoins Maedhros with Curufin when they ultimately get exiled from Nargothrond in this RPG? I think Lantaelen went to Imladris with Tavari in the modern day of our Third Age RP'ing in this Imladris forum. How active would he be with the Dúnedain and their Rangers? Dramhir could know him if you like. :grin:
Last edited by Eriol on Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Eriol... 'One who dreams alone.' ” - Tolkien, The Book of Lost Tales I

Black Númenórean
Right, made a shortish spider post for Aredhel et al setting the scene, I fully expect @Hoarfrost to swoop in with something far more spectacular :googly:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

New Soul
Thank you, @Moriel :smooch: ! We'll make the fight short with you and Frost, a few posts, and I'll get Aredhel on her way to Himlad and have Rivvy & myself return to Gondolin to tell Turgon the bad news :cry: . I was going to have Aerlinn spend time with Aredhel there but I'll have her interact with one of Ellindalë's relatives instead for half of one post when she's visiting Himlad so that at the ending, she'll be entering the woods of Nan Elmoth...so you'll be able to RP Eöl very soon this month :mwahaha: !

I think most people are waiting for me to post back in places like in Dorthonion so I'll be updating this week for that region of battle; just finishing a post in the Last Homely House first before I jump back into AoA. Posts are in the works from me for Lothlann/Gap, Himring, and Nargothrond :hobbyhorse: !

Balrog
Working on my spidey post as we speak. I hoped to finished while I was at work but it looks like they’re gonna carry over after. Tonight, tomorrow morning at the latest, the nasties should arrive
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

New Soul
I'm excited for your post, @Hoarfrost ! I love you dark writing :headbang: . We're both avid fans of horror, especially stories concerning monstrous creatures.

Balrog
You are far too kind @Aigronding Mordagnir! But I will take the compliment anyway.

Now go feast on the (somewhat nauseatingly realistic) spiders as they begin their attack!
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Captain of Tower
Aigronding Mordagnir wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:10 pm It was great, @Lantaelen ! He's commanding and dependable. I remembered that you had your character as Maedhros' right hand man so wanted to alert you as Himring started being updated for the war :encore: . I'm going to have Tarawen's Himring soldier, a high-ranking Elven warrior named Brona, as one of your mounted scouts with one of my mannish characters Haryon Navarphen (an ancestor of one of my Rangers of the North, Dramhir Navarphen "The Arbiter") when they get separated in the smoke of the flaming rivers in my next update I'mhalf-finished with. Brona is going to inevitably discover the approaching army of Lug - an Or commander - in the smog and escape, finding Himring again and will blow his horn. He will report to you at the open gate of the citadel about the coming Enemy. Haryon will find the Dorthonion escapees, and will lead the survivors ultimately to Himring where they will join Maedhros which Tolkien spoke of. It'll be in the nick of time when the fighting gets the fiercest there, sort of like Gandalf leading Erkenbrand and his force to Helm's Deep in The Two Towers :hobbyhorse: .

Lantaelen, I think I read in your bio that your character has been in the company of Celegorm before. Since I play him, would you like for Lantaelen and Celegorm to interact once he rejoins Maedhros with Curufin when they ultimately get exiled from Nargothrond in this RPG? I think Lantaelen went to Imladris with Tavari in the modern day of our Third Age RP'ing in this Imladris forum. How active would he be with the Dúnedain and their Rangers? Dramhir could know him if you like. :grin:
In regards to your scouts, that all works perfectly with me. I do recall Himring stands when most other realms and outposts collapses, so I’ll be looking forward to the desperate defence of that bastion. I’ll continue to outline the preparations for that stand in my following posts.

Given his closeness to the family, it’s not unfeasible that he might have hunted or done other such activities with Celegorm before in Valinor and such. As to his time in Middle-Earth, he’s mostly been attached to Maedhros’ retinue and group. In any case, they would be known to each other and any interactions would be nice, as I’m still developing this character and really didn’t get much opportunity to write as him on the old forums :shrug:

His third age adventures, yes he is returning to Imladris after living in self-imposed exile. I don’t think he’ll amount to much beyond a loremaster in various arts so probably not much interaction with the Rangers of the North. He serves more in a rear echelon capacity in those later days. First Age however he is all about being in the thick of things.

Looking forward to continuing this RP!
Berio i refn-en-alph len

Warrior of Imladris
I have posted as Beleg in what I assume is the end of his involvement in 'The Obstinacy of Aredhel'. I will edit in his response to Thingol later tonight, once I have finished it. Anything particular the threadrunners would like me to include?
I can resist everything except temptation. - Oscar Wilde
she / her

Black Númenórean
@Laintaen, Aredhel & co. have been attacked by spiders in Nan Dungortheb! See my post and Frost's for details, based on the prompt given by Aig in this post :grin:

High Lord of Imladris
Okie dokie @Aigronding Mordagnir so I am not doing any canon characters can I just drop my characters into the RP where they belong? Things like Afarfin in Minas Tirith (he's from there) and possibly Melviriels father and her around Doriath

Should I be aware of anything else?
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
Afarfin can be at Minas Tirith, @Fuin Elda :smooch: . So right now we have my NPC Tharmaras of Lindon helping Orodreth plan the tower's defense. My NPC Caranfindel has sent soldiers to either side of the river just in case Orcs try to besiege the island or march past it into West Beleriand; he is asking for a group of scouts to enter the Fen of Serech. You could have Afarfin watching many Sindar refugees arriving on the island and see the northern horizon lit aflame, smoke of the burning and noxious fumes clouding the dark skies of winter morning. Thoughts and feelings. Volunteer to go with Celebrin into the marsh....

"Barahir the brother of Bregolas was in the fighting further westward, near to the Pass of Sirion. There King Finrod Felagund, hastening from the south, was cut off from his people and surrounded with small company in the Fen of Serech."
- Tolkien, from The Silmarillion: Of the Fall of Fingolfin and Ruin of Beleriand

Finrod will be cut off from his large force and attacked in the swamp with a smaller company (which includes Arasoron Mordagnir and his wife, Moriel's Indilë character). Arafin and Celebrin's characters can be assaulted by a huge ambush of Orcs when the marsh gets breached; I will have the Orcs which gotten past them contained, unable to enter West Beleriand by the valiance of the tower soldiers. Arafin and Celebrin can still be in the Fen when Finrod appears, separated from greater numbers of his group. Sound good?

Fuin and her father can notice hundreds of Sindar refugees encamped by the waters of Mindeb. They investigate the matter by observing Loboth (the Elf in Ost-Halatir) who they've seen speaking with Beleg Strongbow. Fuin and her father can help the refugees in someway or listen to their stories until Thingol arrives. Ercassie wanted him to ride up but hasn't been able to post yet. I can have Loboth speak to Thingol although she hasn't arrived; Fuin and her father could overhear Loboth volunteering to find evidence that Angrod and Aegnor have been killed. They can offer to join his search. Then we can wait for Cassie to post before going to the northern slopes of Dorthonion...encountering many troubles along the way. Sounds good?

High Lord of Imladris
Sounds excellent. I shall compose a post tomorrow covering while unloading combines tomorrow that or dumping grain if I'm in charge of grain transport. So may take a bit but will get. A pOst for this tomorrow
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
I was hoping you'd say that :clap: ! Lots of interweaving plots in AoA :googly: :grin: . The post I made with Caranfindel (he's also in Ost-Halatir but not in Fuin's mission with Tavari) should be on the first page, towards the end. I think the Loboth one is on the latest page. Wish we had post links like on the Old Plaza so I can show them here so you wouldn't have to do too much looking. I hope that can return someday.

High Lord of Imladris
It's fine I'll read through them again get an idea. Hopefully OST will update again soon I think my Mordor posting is gonna over take my Imladris posting soon
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
I'm so used to the post links in bullet form that I didn't think of using the date/time feature :lol: , Cassie just let me know thankfully!

Caranfindel and Loboth
https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 969#p20969

Celebrin and Curancal https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 751#p31751

Warrior of Imladris
Several days late and much longer than I anticipated - Beleg's post is up.

Can Beleg happen upon those Elves discussing going back out to fight? Given he likewise does not want to sit out the war, they may find him a sympathetic ear, even if he cannot join them.
she / her

High Lord of Imladris
Apologies already responded to the Beleg post - I'm working on the assumption that a 150lb draw long bow would be basically the standard bow weight for a long bow they def were commonly over 100 lbs regularly... and 30lbs is basically the MINIMUM to kill a deer and is considered very light (and you have to be close and shoot it right or it will run away and suffer) So if that is an average long bow I figure double for Beleg??? If not I can change that.
Sereg a Dîn

Warrior of Imladris
I'm just amazed and envious you managed to write so much so fast. :grin:
she / her

New Soul
Yes, please, @Laintaen ! Beleg being sympathetic might give Loboth a break in front of Thingol who's appearing soon there 😅👑🐰.

High Lord of Imladris
Hahahaha don't be it's a hang over from literally being bored out of my mind at home and practicing typing skills and already having story writing/creativity skills because I had to come up with something to entertain myself since it was just me and my brother for miles when we were younger...the two make a bit of a perfect storm for quick RP posting lol
Sereg a Dîn

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Tharmáras wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:39 am Yes, please, @Laintaen ! Beleg being sympathetic might give Loboth a break in front of Thingol who's appearing soon there 😅👑🐰.
Loboth shall receive no mercy. Thingol is appearing very soon. That rabbit is going into the steeeeew ! :stab: :rasp: :grin:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
Aren't you supposed to be sleeping :rofl: :winkkiss: , @Someone else ? Thingol is going to turn Loboth into the Wonderland White Rabbit, hurrying everywhere afraid to upset him. "I'm late, I'm late" then being so grovelling, obsequious , panicky around Thingol when he shows up fashionably late - like the White Rabbit - to deliver bad news

7am is a very decent hour to be writing angry Kings, I’d say. I don’t have to work today so there is plenty of time to cook that dratted rabbit. :hammer:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

New Soul
But what if...

:rofl:

You're home every day for a while so we should see posts in Imladris the entire week :whip: :bounce: :headbang:

I do swear I am working on these aoa posts. :embarrassed: And since I do have this week to 'not' go on the holiday which was cancelled, meh, I will really try to get them finished while I still have such an opportunity of time.

New Soul

Some years ago in the previous Plaza, I was an active roleplayer in the Ages of Arda III: Children of Endor rpg… and while I played a variety of characters there, I will probably be mostly remembered for my villainous-carnage posts, hehe.

@Tharmáras can I please join the Mantle of Darkness rpg as the following npcs?

Elves of Hithlum

Verusyä Nariel - small Noldo woman and fierce warrior, close ally and personal bodyguard of Fingon; who will die in an attempt to defend him from Gothmog, Lord of Balrogs in Nirnaeth Arnoediad.

Elves of East Beleriand

Nínathiel - shieldmaiden and close ally of Amrod, son of Fëanor, who will take her own life following his death in the Third Kinslaying at the Mouths of Sirion.

Demons of Angband

Xiva, Sword-master of Morgoth - enemy of Oromë and rival of Sauron, sister of Zeboim the Flesh-eater, who rides upon the demon-horse Ókganît, wielding the serrated and blackened greatsword “Bûghárz the Death-dealer” into battle, collecting the heads of those whom she decapitates; will be defeated by Eärmana of the Nelyar during the destruction of the Falas.

Zeboim the Flesh-eater - former Maia of Vairë the Weaver and defiler of memories, sister of Xiva the Sword-master and close ally of Sauron, whom she will serve well into the Second Age; spy and messenger of Morgoth, who wields the infamous double-bladed scythe “Lazgâr” and enjoys feasting on the flesh of Elves and Men, as well shape-shifting to whatever form suits her current mood. Will be defeated by Annúnfalas of Lindon during the Battle of Dagorlad.

Elves of Gondolin

Tánna - merry resident of the Hidden City and playful knight of the House of the Fountain, future mother of Cónduil of Imladris in the Third Age; loyal to Lord Ecthelion to a fault.

Elves of the Falas

Annúnfalas - ward of Círdan the Shipwright as a child following the death of her parents in the First Battle of Beleriand, shipwright and warrior in her own right; bright and compassionate member of the Housing Committee in the Falas.

Eärmana of the Nelyar - shipwright of Eglarest, former governess of Annúnfalas, member of Círdan the Shipwright’s court in the Falas, commander and battle strategist of the Falathrim forces and wielder of the renowned Elven warhammer “Ríniel, the Hammer of Moon”; also an occasional crew member aboard the Nimsûl fishing vessel.

@Dwarrow Elf for Tánna, Xiva the Sword-master, and Zeboim the Flesh-eater
@Celebrin for Annúnfalas and Eärmana of the Nelyar
@Ursus americanus for Xiva the Sword-master and Zeboim the Flesh-eater
@skekSil for Xiva the Sword-master

I was unable to find the roleplayer of Vairë the Weaver in the Dramatis Personae, but whoever you are, I hope you will become aware of Zeboim's connection, or should I say former connection, to this Vala.

New Soul
I love your characters, @Sur Vanar Utírieste , both new and old :smooch: ! Would you like Xiva or Zeboim with Filrain? She's about to attack East Beleriand once Glaurung destroys Maglor's Gap river vale.

Also, I'm claiming Mandos. Would you like to be Vairë? We haven't seen much Valar interaction in a while :winkkiss: . It would be captivating to see the King of Death speaking with the Queen of History, weaving tapestries of time's unfolding events. I might have the Mordagnir matriarch or Aimira - when she returns to Aman in the Second Age - be one of Vaire's servants like Miriel.

Edit: I see you said yes to Vairë on our Discord chat, Sur, I'll list us in the Canon Characters list in Imladris Archives as the Weaver and the Judge :dance: :smiley11: !
Last edited by Eriol on Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Balrog
@Sur Vanar Utírieste I love the descriptions! I can't wait to interact with them, either as Mairon or some of the other peeps I have running about in the thread. All rivals of Mairon are welcomed to take their shot at him (just don't miss). :lol:

I somehow managed to forget to show these babies off, a collaborative effort between myself and @skekSil. I found the image and made the icon, she wrapped them up in borders and did the text.

Image Image

As far as writing some AoA, I know I'm dreadfully far behind but I will do my best to come up with some posts in the next week for Mairon, Finnbarr, Carni, Ulfang (still need to touch base with you @Tharmáras with how we're gonna work on him).

New Soul
Those Sauron / Mairon icons are beautiful, @Ursus americanus ! Bregolas (already dead) is supposed to die along side Angrod and Aegnor. I could reply back to your last Sauron one as Aegnor. He could sound a retreat to Ladros and you can pursue them there since Krumhûr is a bit busy in RL? I think you're supposed to kill Angrod while Moriel is supposed to slay me - Aegnor - as someone. We'll talk on Discord messaging or here in the OOC tomorrow about Ulfang and the demon when I'm off work :mwahaha: !

Melkor
Melkor
Aaah Xiva and Zeboim. I remember those characters @Sur Vanar Utírieste. I... really need to post soon. Should get something up this weekend

High Lord of Imladris
I will try to get an Afarfin post up tomorrow (packing for Canadian Thanksgiving tonight and traveling tomorrow) unless there is going to be a Thingol or Beleg post soon as I'll wait for that so I can get both sets of my characters on the move again as it were.

New Soul
Looking forward to seeing Ecthelion and Glorfindel battling the spiders and getting separated from with Erestor from Aredhel, @Dwarrow Elf ! Help for 'Lantë coming soon! :headbang:

Arasoron will be very pleased to fight along side his best pal, Afarfin, in the Fen, @CHAOS ! Probably a 'I'm glad you're with me at the end of all things' ROTK moment .

New Soul
@Thalionwen Hunigfolm has unfortunately been away for a month and we do not know when she will return. I have spoken with @Fuin Elda and she has acccepted the role of Emeldir the Manhearted, Beren's mother, so the dangerous exodus from Dorthonion will proceed as planned. @Krumhûr has also been absent for a month so I will take Lug and will attack Himring with him; @Annúnfalas whom I have spoken with will be Gorgol the Butcher, Barahir's killer. If Thalionwen has not logged in by the second week of November, the role of Galadriel will be in the keeping of Annúnfalas. Just keeping y'all updated. I will be responding to Frost's last Sauron post as Aegnor. I can get him and @THE MAIDEN FAIR (Angrod) to Emeldir so they can die near Bregolas when Sauron aggressively follows his and joins Gorgol the Butcher in Ladros. :lightning: :party:

The NPC list is now updated with Annúnfalas' and Fuin's PCs & NPCs :winkkiss: . I will be amending the canon list sometime tonight.

Edit: Since my dear friend, Nurbor, hasn't logged in since July, I'm going to use Fingolfin again so Hithlum can move on. Also, since Thalionwen hasn't returned and it's the second week of November, Galadriel now belongs to Annúnfalas. Since Quill hasn't logged in since August and because she told me three weeks ago she can't focus on the Plaza much for the present, I'm taking Finduilas. Also since Aerlinn has been focused elsewhere on the Plaza than AoA, I am sharing Princess Idril with her. The Dramatis Personae has now been updated (though I mentioned within it that Idril is a shared character a couple months ago but haven't mentioned it here until now).

:goodbye:

New Soul
Looking forward to updating the RPG with Himring (for Lantaelen & Celebrin) in addition to other matters (like Aredhel meeting Eöl) this week once NaNoWriMo concludes with the coming of December :dance: . Will be on a posting spree throughout the forum.

I've spoken with @Annúnfalas and @Fuin Elda again on Discord. I'm going to be Amroth and Thranduil; Ann will be Amdír and Moriel will be Oropher.

I was hoping there would be Himlad preperations done by now IC but no such luck. That's okay. I'm going to gloss over that in my next post there, having Aglon attacked. If no one has posted for Himlad by January, I'm going to have it evacuated so the refugees along with the kings and the prince can reach Nargothrond :hobbyhorse: .

That's it for now :goodbye: .
Last edited by Eriol on Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Númenórean
I've had two AoA posts sitting partially written for at least a month but between job applications, election stress, grad school application, and then getting my place ready to sell I've not done much of anything lately. But planning to get those posts and more done soon :grin:

I managed to edit my initial post for Gondolin on page one of AOA, to replace Rog in for Idril; as per the change/switchover with @Yávië. So I guess that's something of a start, though I know I still owe you some others to add in. Haven't given up, but it's far slower going at the post creation than I would have liked from this end; apologies.

High Lord of Imladris
Okay I think I'm finally getting to the posting of Emeldir so we can get that rolling, might not get the actual post up until saturday but am officially starting to work on it now so expect it before the end of the week so @Annúnfalas prepare for a fight!

Black Númenórean
I have finished and posted those two posts! Glaurung has razed the river valley and moved on the Thargelion, just reaching Mt Rerir, and Thuringwethil has begun the assault on Maglor's citadel. The residents of Thargelion are preparing to defend themselves from the dragon and his horde. Anyone can jump in as either a baddie or an elf of Thargelion if you like :grin:

Wainrider
This RP is epic you all! Reminds me of the Last Alliance RPG from the old plaza

Black Númenórean
@Draugän Nuruhuinë I'm sure we can find a place for you if you'd like to join us Draugän!! The Dagor Bragollach is just heating up :fence:

Wainrider
Love to @Moriel !

Black Númenórean
Awesome!! As you've seen we're playing both canon characters and personal characters; many of the canon characters have been claimed but there's a vacancy list here. I think it's current, but @Tharmáras could say for sure! He's the mastermind and GM of the whole thing and could help figure out if there's a canon character or characters for you :grin: Do you have any characters of your own that might fit into the current timeline?

Wainrider
Aranwe looks interesting, but I don't know much about his storyline here, and this looks like a big character and so I fear it might be a bit tough to play though.

Any minion charecter you want? If not, I'll take Aranwe.

@Tharmáras @Moriel

New Soul
Lovely posts, @Fuin Elda , @Moriel , and @Ercassie ! I'll be replying to you all very soon now that I'm back in the saddle since NaNoWriMo is over. Beginning to write posts after I wake up today. Luckily I've had two days off in a row; one to end NaNo and the other to resume Middle-earth fun.

Welcome to AoA, @Draugän Nuruhuinë !! Glad to have another writer aboard :party: . We always need more people to depict the dramatic events of Middle-earth's Ages. Yes, we're up to the Bragollach War and the Quest of the Silmaril, presently. I know it's intimidating but the series is a lot of fun and important for character development, those of us playing Elves and who wish to present the ancestors of their current Third Age Mortals over an epic Biblical span of years.

You should be good with Aranwë! All the concrete knowledge we have about him is that he was an Elf of Fingolfin's following, an Exile from Aman who lived in Turgon's city of Gondolin. He was a nobleman we can assume because his name means "Noble One." Also, as they say, "Like marries like." He is married to a kinswoman of Círdan, the Lord of the Falas; he must have met her during the mingling of the Noldor and Sindar at Vinyamar in Nevrast. His wife's name was not recorded by Tolkien so feel free to create a name for her as Moriel did for Fingon's spouse (she calls her Airesarë) whom Tolkien didn't name; this is something we have to do for AoA occasionally so we don't have to use pronouns all the time and flesh out background characters into prominence. If you name his wife, please make it Sindarin since she was undoubtedly a Telerin woman.

Aranwë's son is, of course, Voronwë, who will lead Tuor to Gondolin in the next RPg - Ages of Arda V: Masters of Doom. @Almarëa Mordollwen plays Voronwë. He would be an adult by now. Their parents would have had a child during a peaceful time, the Siege of Angband, sometime before the relocation to Gondolin. You may plot with her about RP'ing together.

Of course you can write with other players in Gondolin, too. @Ercassie , @Dwarrow Elf , @Fleeg , @Yávië , and @Annúnfalas also write in the city with me. So you're welcome to plot with us. I won't get in depth about who's in what House and their history in this post but you're welcome to ask us anything about our Gondolin characters (and read the Submissions threads) rather they're canon or not so that we can make up some dramatic stories together!

Voronwë is famously affiliated with the House of Fingolfin but his actual Gondolin House isn't mentioned....so we've assumed he was House of the King as well as his father, Aranwë. You're welcome to develop his personality and physical looks!
:headbang:
Last edited by Eriol on Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:34 am, edited 3 times in total.

Black Númenórean
FYI Draugän, if you edit a tag into a post it doesn't send a notification :winkkiss: There doesn't seem to be a way to fix that at the moment.

Warrior of Imladris
Hello everyone, I'm back after an absence and hoping I can jump back in as Beleg.

I'm going to spend today trying to catch up on everyone's updates since I last logged on. However since Beleg doesn't actually have to do very much, is there any character you would like to assign me to help move the story forward? One of the ones you have taken on since other users have vanished as well?
she / her

New Soul

Glad to have you back, @Laintaen !! Soon, Cassie is going to post; she's been writing Thingol for us, trust me. In the meanwhile, I'm going to do the brave thing (since I've only seen you play Elves, I'm sure) and ask you to write a canon Great Orc commander, Lug, to move the story on :hobbyhorse: .

Lug is seen in the Fall of Gondolin in The Book of Lost Tales II and is slain by Tuor. So you would have him for two more RPGs. His name means "Snake" so if you could play him being crafty and wicked that would be wonderful. Krûmhir was going to play him but he hasn't logged in for a quite while. I was going to RP Lug assaulting Himring so we can get that realm besieged; I'm there, Celebrin (Maedhros), Lantaelen, and Tarawen. If you could use him instead, that would free up my writing time for the RPG.

I would need you to read this post I made with my demon commander, Filrain ( https://lotrfanaticsplaza.com/forum/vie ... 020#p27020 ). You can have Lug react to the command she gave him then begin to march toward the hills of Maedhros with a battalion of Orcs, Wolves, and monsters. By the end of your posts, have Lug encountering two Riders - and Elf and a Man (NPCs of mine we'll see in my next post, sent by Lantaelen to monitor the area and raise an alarm if enemies are seen) - who are scouting the fields of flame. Send your wolves after them, hoping that if eliminated they won't warn Maedhros about your presence. At the end of my next reply, I'll have you enter the hills with your army, attacking a civilian herder settlement of Mortals to lure Maedhros out of his citadel. He's supposed to do deeds of surpassing valor now. Let me know if this works for you! :smooch:

Warrior of Imladris
Thanks @Tharmáras, I'll take Lug to stretch my RP-ing muscles. I do think it will be my first time RP-ing a non-Elf, let alone an Orc.

Thanks for the guidelines. It might take me a few days to write but I'll have something up soon. If I have any questions, I'll hit you up on Discord.
she / her

New Soul
I appreciate this so much, @Laintaen ! I'm excited to see you write something new after all these years. Hit me up on Discord if you've got questions, yes, we'll coordinate!

I've asked Turin if he is still up for playing Hador a couple days ago but didn't recieve a response back concerning it, just other replies not related to AoA. So, I need to ask who would like to play him because we need the character in the attack about to befall Barad Eithel once Cassie posts. Any takers? You'd have him for this RPG only since he dies a bit later on. I'll have Túrin keep Húrin for now.

Healer of Imladris
Aaaaaaaaaah so clearly NaNo + Plaza was never going to happen. Anyways, I'm sorta back now. Ellindale has made her New Plaza debut!! @Tharmáras, but it was mostly just a self-absorbed reaction your last Celegorm post :lol:. I'll have her and Celebrimbor really get things moving this weekend, I just needed someplace to get started and reacquaint myself.
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir