Feedback & Feature Requests

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Melkor
Melkor
Done

Balrog
I am most gracious for your attentions.

Image (3)
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Guardian of the Golden Wood
Hello dear plaza admins and fellow members,

Following discussion elsewhere, I would like to propose that the land to the west of the Shire, at present erroneously included within the borders of the Shire, from the White Downs all the way to Mithlond, be declared a free autonomous Undertowers Thing.

We would like an official Librarian appointed for our Thing, with pertinent admin powers, titled 'The Adamanta Chubb Librarian', and occupied by @Saranna.

We call for all members to discuss and vote on this proposal. In the meanwhile, we will continue developing our radical Undertowers community as an RP Thing, and ask that you all respect the Librarian as well as the OP rules.

Thank you.

Hill
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Newborn of Imladris
Goodness! I see I have other messages to checck.....
Remembering halfir by learning something new each day

Éowyn
Éowyn
Hey @Hill,

You're free - of course - to continue the RP lore community you've set up as the Undertowers Thing in the Shire. It does not break any plaza rules and it feels like an interesting experiment that is definitely worth it, especially since you and @Saranna look like you're enjoying it!

The cool thing about RP is that you can declare your own official Librarian in the role-playing threads - as you've done! You don't need any official appointment from the admins to establish a Librarian and to start discussions or engagement.

In answer to your admin suggestion(s) in the halfir archive thread, the election procedure for the plaza admins will reopen soon (in March, I think?) and all applications are welcome - as always! That includes Saranna’s if she wishes to be an admin candidate, your own, as well as any others. You can cast your vote for the candidates who state their intention to re-organise or drive activity to lore in the way you would appreciate the most. You're also welcome to run on such a platform yourself. :thumbs:

Activity on nu-plaza has always been member-driven, not admin-determined. @Silky Gooseness , @Rivvy Elf and I were also elected on that 'platform'.

As always, members are free to encourage participation as and where they wish within the plaza rules. :nod: The way the nuplaza has (so far) always seen things was that you do not need to be a site admin to try and create activity anywhere (whether that is Lore, the Shire, or any of the other fora on the site).
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Newborn of Imladris
Thank you Arnyn for this very kindly and helpful reply, I am certainly enjoying our new venture and hopefull so is @Hill I've learnt a lot in you post about the NuPlaza that really pleases me.
Remembering halfir by learning something new each day

Éowyn
Éowyn
That is really nice to hear. :) If you have any questions, definitely feel free to ask!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Ent Ancient
where's an appropriate place to post like OOC-type questions in CoLP? There is really no general discussion thread...could we make one?

I was wondering if people would be interested in a casual CoLP Help Desk or advice thread - like providing a place for people to ask for help/advice on various CoLP-y things, such as drawing, painting, writing, poetry, fiber arts/crafts, photography, miniature painting, etc.

but I'm not sure where it ask if anyone is interested.

Istari Sage
I would love some photography advice. Selfishly for improving taking pictures of my minis :lol:

High Lord of Imladris
@Lail I'd enjoy that sort of thread as well though I'll Admit I'd probably be rare in asking questions in it!
Sereg a Dîn

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Lail Of course, you could definitely make one!
(Admins could do it too if you'd prefer, but then it might not cover all of your wishes/thoughts/needs, so happy for you to go ahead!)
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
Laylin: An nice idea indeed. It would come in handy. :winkkiss:

Arnyn: Can this ooc thread be pinned in the Cottage? So it is easy to access all the time?
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Ent Ancient
oh yay! glad some people are interested :)

I've created a thread here - viewtopic.php?t=1310 if it could please be pinned?