Imladris Activities General OOC Thread

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
Black Númenórean
Oooo yes, Hrívë ball, please!!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

High Lord of Imladris
@Quill Sent you a message on discord as there is no method of PMing you on here (unless that's something new that I missed in the last few weeks while I've been less active than normal :lol:

Black Númenórean
Hey all, I was thinking that after 15 pages it might be time for a new OOC thread, especially now we have a separate thread for announcements! What say you? @Eriol do you have any objection if I start up a new one?

Balrog
15 pages of nonsense is a lot :mwahaha:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
And just think it lost a good number of pages with the great plaza blip of 2021 :lol:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
15 Pages for a kingdom OOC thread is nothing ! :rofl: Gondor's City Hall/OOC thread is on page 17 and we've had an announcements thread for about a year besides. :tongue: Imladris has only had a separate announcement thread for a few months ...
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Balrog
so what you're saying is, we need to work harder at pretending like our nonsense is worth filling threads up? Challenge accepted
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

I think I’m saying that clearly the talent for discussing every little detail of even hypothetical possibilities of threads is where Gondor excels at unnecessary ooc posts made. That and laughing ooc at the hilarity of Miss Irma’s antics, but that is of course justifiably worthwhile in its frequency. :lol:

And here I am, adding also to the inanity of this ooc thread … share and share alike. :grin:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

High Lord of Imladris
Ercassie wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:04 pm 15 Pages for a kingdom OOC thread is nothing ! :rofl: Gondor's City Hall/OOC thread is on page 17 and we've had an announcements thread for about a year besides.
This absolutely is a challenge. And we have a limited amount of time to get probably the 5 missing pages back... :mwahaha:

New Soul
Ercassie wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 11:04 pm 15 Pages for a kingdom OOC thread is nothing ! :rofl: Gondor's City Hall/OOC thread is on page 17 and we've had an announcements thread for about a year besides. :tongue: Imladris has only had a separate announcement thread for a few months ...
What I'm hearing here is "John Connor, it is time." :lol: and yes I shall take this under consideration and mayhap we shall see a new down in Gondor's OOCness :lol:
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

High Lord of Imladris
HAHAha this is what happens when you make fun of elves for their lack of pages in the ooc... Gondor ends up needing a new OOC as well it's okay it's not like we don't plan the dickens out of everything we just tend to do it in discord where you can't see it so that we can surprise people participating. Honestly I"m excited to see the activity jumping up considering it's December!

Balrog
while it will be harder without dozens upon dozens of "I will have a post ready for X,Y,Z threads soon and I am about to post in 1, 2, and 3 threads" I will never underestimate the urge post random nonsense that everyone seems to get a kick out of... that and Fleeg references

High Lord of Imladris
I mean... Quill and I are getting ready for the new Elven winter ball? So like hopefully that thread will be up in a week or two? Not sure yet on the time line for it. But definitely not quite as interesting as the random fleeganings.

Balrog
believe me, anything is more interesting than fleegnanigans

High Lord of Imladris
I don't know some of the fleeganings can be very funny. The fleegnanigans also can be entertaining, perhaps not from the perspective of Fleeg but I mean someone has to suffer for our entertainment it might as well be the goblin. :lol:

Balrog
oh believe me, that goblin has no shame whatsoever, you could not do anything to embarrass him. The only person that suffers from anything Fleeg does is me

High Lord of Imladris
Pity one would hope that the only one to suffer would be the goblin himself and not the writer.

Guardian of Imladris
@Fuin Elda just to double check before I jump in - for the survival RP you just posted, it's starting in Rivendell with a group of men from Forochel arriving, correct?

High Lord of Imladris
@Quill Yes it is starting in Rivendell with them arriving.

Newborn of Imladris
Hi Quill and Fuin Elda - I'm interested to RP in the Survival RP... as one of the Noldo Guard meeting the Forochel Men at the border of Imladris but Quill already posted the guests arriving at Elrond's Hall so I was wondering if I could post as a 'Few hours before..' timeline.
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

Guardian of Imladris
Obviously that's more of a question for Fuin but I just wanted to say I didn't mean to jump the gun! If there's anything I need to edit just let me know :)

Newborn of Imladris
Hi Quill! Oh no no you did no wrong but just after reading your post (cool as btw) I thought I wanted to just write about how they got to the border hahahahaha... since Imladris is a hidden valley anyway right? :rasp:

btw, is Rin a Noldor or a Sinda Elf? So I can include her in my future posts. :whip:
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

Guardian of Imladris
Lol! She's a Sinda Elf.

Newborn of Imladris
Quill - Ok, noted! Is she also part of the Imladris Guard?

Guardian of Imladris
Yup! She is a scout :)

Newborn of Imladris
Quill - Cool as! Then I will post as either Aran or Rane (both are Guards too btw) and I'm trying to rope in Ercassie hehehehe

High Lord of Imladris
Aranadhel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 4:57 am Hi Quill and Fuin Elda - I'm interested to RP in the Survival RP... as one of the Noldo Guard meeting the Forochel Men at the border of Imladris but Quill already posted the guests arriving at Elrond's Hall so I was wondering if I could post as a 'Few hours before..' timeline.
Yeah that's fine if you want to do that was figuring Fuin would lead them in similar to your idea but if you want to even better. :nod:

Newborn of Imladris
Ok thank you sir? madam?

Btw, I have a problem. I received this error when I tried to post in the thread.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Any idea why?

Black Númenórean
@Aranadhel That's weird! It might be a random/intermittent error- I just checked your profile and it doesn't look like there's anything strange in your permissions. Could you try again and let me know if you get the same error?

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel I hope you and the admins can sort out that error! I've had a few saying I that I can't post to that because it doesn't exist/ and is forbidden... (Though I don't think it's that I don't have permission?) I've tried just refreshing and posting again (I live by copying my post before I hit post honestly for that reason though often just going back will work and then hitting submit again tends to clear out the permission error for me though I couldn't tell you if it's the same one. I figured it's a cookie glitch or something

Newborn of Imladris
Moriel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:51 am @Aranadhel That's weird! It might be a random/intermittent error- I just checked your profile and it doesn't look like there's anything strange in your permissions. Could you try again and let me know if you get the same error?

Hi Moriel, yeah just tried again. Same error notification came up. Now I'm confused :shrug: Funny thing is that I can post in here. :lol:

Black Númenórean
Hmm, yeah, it definitely doesn't make much sense that you can post in one thread and not another. I just tried posting there and wasn't able to reproduce the error myself. Can you clear your cookies and cache and try again?

Newborn of Imladris
Fuin Elda wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:09 am @Aranadhel I hope you and the admins can sort out that error! I've had a few saying I that I can't post to that because it doesn't exist/ and is forbidden... (Though I don't think it's that I don't have permission?) I've tried just refreshing and posting again (I live by copying my post before I hit post honestly for that reason though often just going back will work and then hitting submit again tends to clear out the permission error for me though I couldn't tell you if it's the same one. I figured it's a cookie glitch or something
Yeah, me too. No idea why this is happening though. Guess I'm not meant to post RP :rasp:

Newborn of Imladris
Moriel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:31 am Hmm, yeah, it definitely doesn't make much sense that you can post in one thread and not another. I just tried posting there and wasn't able to reproduce the error myself. Can you clear your cookies and cache and try again?

I'm currently using the office's laptop which is highly encrypted :lol: Let me try again once I'm home, Moriel. :moon:

Black Númenórean
Aha! Well then in the meantime I blame your office computer :googly:

Newborn of Imladris
Moriel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am Aha! Well then in the meantime I blame your office computer :googly:

Hmph! :rasp:

Aranadhel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:28 am Quill - Cool as! Then I will post as either Aran or Rane (both are Guards too btw) and I'm trying to rope in Ercassie hehehehe
Trying to rope me in ? You’ve kidnapped me and brought me there already ! *dies* I guess that means I’m joining too. :rofl:

Newborn of Imladris
Moriel - After I deleted the code for my character pic I finally could post! PHEW!!!

Ercassie - Now, now be a sport and let's do this for the glory of the Exiled Noldor!

You’re lucky I’m used to your antics, nutter. :lol: As it happens, about ten posts have just been wiped off my to do list, for reasons beyond my control. So I should have the time at least now. Why is there no fingers crossed emoticon ?

Newborn of Imladris
Ercassie - Good news indeed! It's divine intervention means you're with me for Lossach adventure!

Black Númenórean
Hooray for working posts! What image hosting service are you using, Aran? I can't think of any reason that would affect you not being able to post but who knows :googly:

High Lord of Imladris
Love the posts thus far I will be getting a response up in the next week or so getting them officially in the presence of Elrond (and responding to @Arandhel as well) by the weekend, and then I'm hoping another week or two before we set out. I figure people can join part way through basically up until we get to the Carn Dum in terms of anyone wanting to join with a Dunedain/Rangers/Elven scouts to the north.

Newborn of Imladris
Moriel wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:01 pm Hooray for working posts! What image hosting service are you using, Aran? I can't think of any reason that would affect you not being able to post but who knows :googly:

Hi Moriel! By the way before I forget I wanted to apologise for not replying to your email the other day concerning how I wasn't able to register on this new site but I figured it out finally. Thanks for replying to my initial query.

Regarding your second question I tried uploading via Imgur but I couldn't find the image upload page so I ended up on a generic site to get the code link but that turned out to be a disaster right? Since that was the reason for the 403 error.

Newborn of Imladris
Fuin Elda wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:31 pm Love the posts thus far I will be getting a response up in the next week or so getting them officially in the presence of Elrond (and responding to @Arandhel as well) by the weekend, and then I'm hoping another week or two before we set out. I figure people can join part way through basically up until we get to the Carn Dum in terms of anyone wanting to join with a Dunedain/Rangers/Elven scouts to the north.
Oh I love how you're planning this out, Fuin! Or should I call you Elda? Or FE?

Yup, hopefully more will join as I'm also waiting on the Legendary Ercassie to post sometime this week *fingers crossed*.

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel Please call me Fuin! That's what most people call me! (That and crazy :lol: ) I know @Ercassie has a lot on her plate in terms of posting so if you need extra time Cassie, please let me know I'll hold of a few days if that's what you need but as I said the plan is to allow for people being able to join for a while even outside of Imladris.

Newborn of Imladris
Fuin Elda wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:46 am @Aranadhel Please call me Fuin! That's what most people call me! (That and crazy :lol: ) I know @Ercassie has a lot on her plate in terms of posting so if you need extra time Cassie, please let me know I'll hold of a few days if that's what you need but as I said the plan is to allow for people being able to join for a while even outside of Imladris.
Alright noted, Fuin! :nod: crazy it is hahaah! :headbang:

Ercassie is a wonder woman so I reckon she's always on time to deliver all her posts! :encore: :moon:

High Lord of Imladris
Aranadhel wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:15 am
Alright noted, Fuin! :nod: crazy it is hahaah! :headbang:
I spat my drink. I'll admit it. LOVE it hahaha :smooch:

Aranadhel wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:15 am Ercassie is a wonder woman so I reckon she's always on time to deliver all her posts! :encore: :moon:
Yeh and I spat my drink out at this ! @Aranadhel :lol:

I have of course started writing my post @Fuin Elda :winkkiss:, but if for any reason it doesn’t happen to be posted by the time you post your update, well Aran has conveniently placed me there. :googly: So feel free to assume there is another dark haired Noldo standing with Aranadhel, who simply hasn’t said anything yet. :thumbs:

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie Clearly @Aranadhel is a menace to our keyboards fortunately my new one has raised keys so liquids can't get in it and wreck it but damn is it a pain to clean between them.

Newborn of Imladris
Fuin Elda wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:48 am @Ercassie Clearly @Aranadhel is a menace to our keyboards fortunately my new one has raised keys so liquids can't get in it and wreck it but damn is it a pain to clean between them.
'

Whoops! :rofl: Probably a paper towel will help? :nod: