What's Under That Hood? [Picture Thread]

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
New Soul

Welcome back, elves and elf-friends of old! We did not have a photo thread for the elves yet, so this is now it. Feel free to share photos of your true self - and I look forward to seeing everyone's lovely faces!
She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

Galadhrim Bowmaster
Was showing off my new glasses on discord. No reason the rest of you should be spared. Image

New Soul
Nice specs, Aduchil! Looking good :smiley22:

I put an assassin-esque photo in the Mordor thread, but I'll save the more elf-life shots for here. :smiley9: A young Alma in her natural habitat, with a familiar book: (2005 - long before my Plaza days)

And some much more recent shots, starting with archery:

My new natural habitat, standing on the wall of my college with a library (albeit a blurry one) in the background:Image

She/her. Almarëa - Rivendell / Jaena - Lone Lands (T.A.) and Gondor (F.A.) / Layna - Mordor

Healer of Imladris
Hmmm, no one looks anything like their Plaza icon. Highly suspicious. :smiley15:

I'll find an er...more recent photo to share later, but first I thought I'd go for the easy accolades and present this gem I found last time I was home. It was in the pile of stuff dad brought home from the office after he retired.

Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

Black Númenórean
Love the glasses, Aduchil! And I have serious bookshelf envy from what I can see of the tall shelves behind you.

Alma, I love these photos! Younger me would've wanted to hang out with younger you, and the black and white is just beautiful.
Aerlinn wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:24 pm Hmmm, no one looks anything like their Plaza icon. Highly suspicious. :smiley15:
:smiley9: Baby Linny is adorable!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

New Soul
Love the new glasses @Aduchil ! They look a lot like the style of some of my glasses.
@Almarëa Mordollwen Love the archery shot! I haven't gotten to use a bow in ages; I miss it so much!
Wee @Aerlinn is the cutest!!
they/he/mischief

Councillor of Imladris
Ohey guys!

I've been experimenting with eye shadow recently, so here's me a few weeks ago with an orange/pink blend I attempted.

And this is me as Elsa, back in January (before the Coronalpyse launched):

What is a legacy?
It's planting seeds in a garden you never get to see.

She/her

Black Númenórean
@Lúthien Tinúviel Eyeshadow experiments are SO FUN. The mix of orange and pink is so bold! Do you have a favorite color combo you've tried so far? And ahhh January . . . feels like a whole lifetime ago . . .
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Elven Enchanter
Figure I should probably show my face in here as well since I was an elf until very recently. I have hardly any photos of myself as I tend to avoid being in front of the camera.
Here's my Halloween costume from last year. Anyone have an idea what it is? Hint: Children's book.

(Coconut tree from Chicka-Chicka Boom Boom)
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Archer of Lothlorien
@Aduchil- very stylish glasses, and beard.
@Almarëa Mordollwen- I love all of these. Very bookish elf vibes. The archery picture looks badass.
@Aerlinn- Aww, so cute! I love the overalls! I think I had an outfit like that.
@Lúthien Tinúviel- Love the eyeshadow! Playing with makeup is a lot of fun. I consider it almost an art form/form of self-expression. The Elsa outfit is amazing, too!
@Dimcairien Luiniel- That costume is great. Literary costumes are a lot of fun. Did the kids like it?

This is my boyfriend and I at a Renaissance Festival last summer. He willingly chose, purchased, and wore his own costume. He's a nerd like all of us, though hasn't read LotR yet. It's a work in progress.
Also, I am standing on a tree root in this picture because he is 11" taller than me. :lol:
bbcode for images
She/her/hers

High Lord of Imladris
So yeah I got sick, I put on weight (like a lot of it for me) and I'm down 25 lbs from my heaviest in this photo but ALSO had fun doing a makeup/hair test for a LARP character that I played before I put on the weight, so Was trying to figure out if I could start playing her again. I am having to rebuild my leather armor for her, so have decided to just keep losing weight first until I get to my goal weight before I go and spend a few hundred dollars on more leather to make a custom chest plate and back with pauldrons.

New Soul
Time to revive this a bit. I can't find any other facial threads in the areas, so this one got to do. All those years I haven't much changed, so here is me with the current specs I am wearing now for a few years. Most of you might recognise me still, and a few even know me from meets in Holland and Belgium. In the spring I will be 47 years old. And in June I am eighteen years a member of this community.

~ Aiks

Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Lovely to see your smiling face Aiks :smooch: :thumbs:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Newborn of Imladris
Your turn next, Ercassie ho ho ho!
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

Istari Sage
Nice to put a face to the name @Aikári Salmarinian

I posted some Then and Now photos in the Glorious and Glamorous Gondorians (Then and Now) thread.

Here are some fun ones. My name is "James" and over Halloween I was Qui-Gon James along with my dogs darth vader and yoda:

My dogs love attention, especially the little one (who is, in fact, the boss among the two of them). Here's both of them fighting over my attention

The little one in particular likes to paw at you to get him to pet him, it's very effective.

New Soul
Romeran: Thanks for sharing. My brother in law got a golden retriever as well, and the little one is surely an attention seeker. We had a female dog long ago too (1979 - 1991). But she was never replaced by others. Instead we had for years cats around, but the last passed away in the summer of 2020. I am missing it to have animal love around me, but no longer possible with my aging dad around. Risk is he leaves a door open and cat or dog can escape. Lovely to see you with yours. :grin:

High Lord of Imladris
Lovely pictures @Aikári Salmarinian and @Romeran love the critter photos, I don't have too many with mine atm as they are all outdoor critters and I'm not sure I"ll ever get photos of the one she's a grumpy bump that doesn't like to be touched I'll try to get some come spring, or if I get a good shot while snow shoeing with the dogs (the cats will not join me for that though lol)
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
So I FINALLY took a photo I like of me after shaving all my hair off earlier this year (hilariously it involves not seeing my hair at all so I guess I know what I'm doing for 'Easter' and Birthday photos until my hair starts sitting properly again... It's at that horrid 4 inch long super curly phase where it's just going everywhere and I am trying desperately not to do anything to it as I'd like to see my natural curls again as I haven't seen those since I was about 12 when I started dying my hair. I"ll likely dye it again at some point but gonna see how long I can leave it natural and healthy. Probably another few months for that since I'm doing natural so the curl is everywhere dyed it'd be sitting nice already sadly.

Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
Fuin: Nice to see you once more after many years. :thumbs: On dying hair I have never done it and never I will. My light blond from my youth has turned over the years to midblond or so what it now is, and get currently shot through with grey hair which gives a combined colour of ashblond. The colour is slowly vanishing with me, a sign I am middleaged now. :lol: I don't mind at all. I never felt I had to do something about my complexion in general, except for a nice pair of glasses that accents my face nicely. Which is a must because I got real bad eyesight faraway and for reading I got an extra pair now too since about a year now. In '25 I walk around for half a century. :googly:

High Lord of Imladris
Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 1:56 pm Fuin: Nice to see you once more after many years. :thumbs: On dying hair I have never done it and never I will. My light blond from my youth has turned over the years to midblond or so what it now is, and get currently shot through with grey hair which gives a combined colour of ashblond. The colour is slowly vanishing with me, a sign I am middleaged now. :lol: I don't mind at all. I never felt I had to do something about my complexion in general, except for a nice pair of glasses that accents my face nicely. Which is a must because I got real bad eyesight faraway and for reading I got an extra pair now too since about a year now. In '25 I walk around for half a century. :googly:
In my youth my hair was a mousy brown grey.... It looked horrible and washed with is why when I asked to dye my hair my mom said yes.

It's much darker now aside from the few absolute white hairs that I have. But I'm going to be out in the sun more this summer with my plans so will see if it sun bleaches back down to the mousy grey(if it does I may just henna it darker or so a more natural wash of colour on it instead of the fashion colours I normally look good in like blue :lol:. I've no wish to go back to mouse colouring
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
Fuin: That sounds like an interesting colour to me what you had in your youth. But I can come in you didn't like it and wanted it dyed. My hair does bleach up in the summer too, due to the sun. In twenty years or so I hope to be silverwhite. I find that a nice colour for being an old lady. :smile:
Last edited by Aikári Salmarinian on Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

High Lord of Imladris
Aikari: Yeah you can look up 'brown grey mouse' and the light version of it is what I was stuck with for bleached out hair as a kid... I'll probably not get to white silver for another twentyish years but I can say I will be without an issue white silver rather than true grey so that'll be nice. Now I'd say I'm probably closer to a black mouse colour (which looks fine but I'm a bit worried about it bleaching out lol)
Sereg a Dîn

High Lord of Imladris
I've did something dastardly the other day. Mostly because I wanted to cosplay a character that I have somewhat fallen in love with that DOESN"T have a face. (I have been told by several people that have seen this in that particular fandom that I am right on the money sort of size... I am a good foot and then some short also still a bit squishy) - But am slowly working on getting a proper kit for the cosplay as well as I now have an official consult date for a surgery which will help the cosplay. That said I had to laugh at the fact that I swung wildly in the euphoria of each gender (literally the one was taken the day before the other)

Anyways, enjoy. Feel free to guess the cosplay character, I likely will not be confirming. (But hey it will let me know who else I can cosplay.)
Sereg a Dîn

Arien
Arien

Lookit my hobbit cloak! It’s from LitJoy
cave anserem