The Bifröst (LGBTQIA2S+ & Allies Come On In!)

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
New Soul
Welcome to

The Bifröst

Your Plaza One Stop Hoppin' Poppin' Pre & Post Op-pin' Gender Swappin' Shoppe
for all Dollops of Rainbow, Non-Stop!

This is a hangout space for all LGBTQIA2S+ Plaza members and allies.
Feel free to come in and chat, share and talk about your experiences and identity if you wish, or just say hello, drop memes, and chill.

Common Questions:

I'm not LGBTQIA2S+, can I post here? Yes, please do! We would love to have you here. I made this group to invite everyone to come together, and to make a space to learn together. I (Toasty) am here to answer questions and help facilitate discussion in whatever way I can. It's so important and meaningful to have allies/accomplices in this work; it means a lot to have you here.

How can I be an ally/accomplice & what does that mean? That's a great question! You can start by coming in and hanging out, listening, and educating yourself. There are many resources out there to help you take action and learn. This resource is one place to start.

What if I don't understand (x, y, z)?
You may not understand every identity or term, and that's okay! There are so many resources available that define terms, and you can use those to educate yourself, and learn. Most importantly, you don't have to understand everything (or even anything) about something, to respect people.

What are some examples of what respect can look like?
-Listening to and believing LGBTQIA+ members when they talk about their experiences
-Learning and using the correct pronouns for people (if you don't know, you can ask!)
-Educating yourself, and speaking up when someone is displaying transphobia, homophobia, etc.

What if I don't know (x, y, z) or make a mistake?
That’s okay! We’re all here to learn. Simply apologize, fix the mistake, and make an actionable plan for yourself to help prevent it from happening again.
Then move forward. Don’t spend a lot of time apologizing; that can be really uncomfortable for the other person, and unintentionally keeps the focus on you, and your comfort.

What's an actionable plan?
For example: If you misgender (use the incorrect pronouns) for someone, a great thing to do is practice in your head, or even out loud.
Try a handful of sentences, connecting the person’s name with their correct pronouns.
Repeat and continue this practice until you are able to fully make the change and no longer make the mistake. (This is something I use quite a bit!)

What if I have another question that's not addressed here?
If you have a question you would like to ask, or something you would like added, feel free to post / message me in discord / use email: burntlokitoast(@)gmail(dot)com

**Not everyone feels comfortable responding to questions about their identity; it can be a mentally and emotionally taxing position to be put in.
Don’t ask a question of someone unless you know the person is open to it, and be sure to check in, and understand that they have a right to withdraw from the conversation at any point if they need/wish to.

**Please do not out someone / share any information about their LGBTQIA2S+ identity or journey if you do not have their explicit permission to do so. Get this permission in every new situation to make sure you do not unintentionally put them in an uncomfortable or even dangerous position. If you're not sure, ask them first!

**Please use CW/TW (content warning/trigger warning) if your post talks about sensitive topics. This could be anything from conversation about transition, needles, etc. When it doubt, simply add it-- it takes just a moment, and can help someone avoid a topic that may be triggering to them. If you have further questions about what this means or if you should add it to a post, feel free to send me a message.

Guardians of The Bifröst
(comment below if you'd like to be added)
Loki, Genderfluid Trickster of the Bifröst (they/them & he/him) - Burnt Toast
Co-ConspiraTHOR (she/her) - Moriel
SpACE Girl (she/her) - Fairy Nuff
"I am Groot" (translation: AgENT of the Bifröst) (she/her) - Nia
The Wind Beneath our Y-Wings (she/her) - Winddancer
CollaBIRDrator of the Bifröst (she/her) - Tarawen
Absolute MORDel Citizen... of Space (she/her) - Almarëa Mordollwen
Mind MELDer from Outer Space (she/her) - Eldy Dunami
Bridge to ACEgard (he/him)- Bïfrøst
Quillin' It (she/her)- Quill
The ROWd to Greatness (he/him & they/them) - Rowena Ellenweorc
Her Majesty, the Queen of Space (she/her) - Queen Nerwen
Rises Above the DIN (she/her) - Dincairwen
Benevolent Empress Supreme (she/her) - Lúthien Tinúviel
LoquACEous Star Lord (he/him) - Boromir88
COTTON the Act (he/him) - Joel Cotton
Last edited by Burnt Toast on Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 9 times in total.
they/he/mischief

Black Númenórean
YES IT IS PERFECT I love and cherish it just as I love and cherish you all.

You could always copy/pasta the OP into the post you just made as a low tech solution :grin:
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Fea
Yeah you've nailed it by getting the first post on page two :clap: .

Now all you have to do is continue to nab the first post on each new page from now and for all of eternity (as I am now dutifully bound to do on the birthdays and PVs page in Fangorn), and then we will all continue to be welcomed with the vibrant colours and excellent titles of your opening post on every new page. It is a burden us elaborately-crafted-first-post-thread-openers all must bear.

New Soul
@Nia & @Tarawen I was considering doing just that, and y'all have convinced me.

Is it always the same number of posts that equal a new page?

Birdface- so glad you like your name XD
Nia- heck yeah! We should start a club. With a really elaborate OP. ;)

I suppose another option is if someone else starts a new page, I ask them to copy their post, delete, and repost after me. Hahahhaa

EDIT: It is done. My post above originally said the following:
(moved here to have the first post be a clean copy of the OP)

@Allafyrefleorhtlig That outfit is AMAZING! I'm so glad you've found safe places for yourself to process.

@Boromir88 - Got it! Updated!

I'm slowly picking away at titles; free free to complain at me if you hate them. They're always changeable.
@Tarawen There's yours. I didn't say they would be good. :lol:

EDIT: Page 2, woo! But now all the pretty pictures and OP info is disappeared. Ya win some...
they/he/mischief

Master Torturer
Burnt Toast wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:52 pm @Nia & @Tarawen I was considering doing just that, and y'all have convinced me.

Is it always the same number of posts that equal a new page?
Yep! :)

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
@Burnt Toast oooh oh idea for my title. So loquacious is one of my favorite words and describes me very well. When I do talk I tend to ramble so...something with with LoquACEous :-)
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Fea
@Burnt Toast if you can work out something punny related to my being an ally/accomplice which also includes Groot (to continue with the marvel theme), I feel that would tie in nicely with my current plaza idENTity (that wasn't planned, but the opportunity just presENT- nope, I've got to stop now or I'll keep going). I also just think Groot really rocks.

New Soul
@Boromir88 I love it! Does something like LoquACEous Star-Lord (if you want a character name), or we could use LoquACEous Loremaster (has some nice alliteration), or I can keep thinking of other titles that match with this most excellent descriptor pun you've created. Let me know!

@Nia - Heck yes to all your puns! I adore Groot, and that's perfect.
Hmm..
GROOTing for Team Rainbow
The gROOT of all Collaboration

OR, like-- "I am Groot" (translation: Supporter of the Gay AgENTa) or (translation: AgENT of the Bifröst)

Don't worry, everyone else-- still poking away at these :)

<> <> <> <> <> <>
Discussion Topic: LGBTQ+ & BIPOC Fantasy & Sci-Fi

I'd love to hear what you're reading, or have read-- specifically sci-fi & fantasy (but feel free to include others) that include LGBTQ+ & BIPOC characters, and especially written by LGBTQ+ & BIPOC authors.
TV Series & Movies welcome as well!

I've said this in a few places, but I'm currently reading N.K. Jemisen's Broken Earth Series- I'm on book 2, and it's excellent!

Places I've been delighted to see representation of queer- particularly trans and/or gnc (gender non-conforming) individuals: Good Omens, Sabrina the Teenage Witch (the new series) -- was so excited to see a trans masculine person!
Steven Universe!
Another great show in terms of representation, and just one of my favourite shows I've watched: Sense8 (be aware this show does contain some heavy themes, abuse, violence, etc.)
they/he/mischief

Fea
@Burnt Toast Yes!! I enjoyed all those suggestions v much, but I think my favourite is:

"I am Groot" (translation: AgENT of the Bifröst) :headbang: :grin:

Councillor of Imladris
Hey everyone! I'm a cisgender asexual woman in a hetero-passing relationship. It took me a long time - till the middle of university really to even learn that asexuality was a thing, and even longer to realize that that was the right term to express my own sexuality (or lack thereof). I tend to get a variety of responses; fortunately most of them are either positive (mostly my generation or younger) or curious (mostly older). I've had a couple ex-friends tell me they thought I was trying to co-opt the Pride movement, but I've been an outspoken advocate for LGBT rights for some time, and was raised in a very pro LGBT household.

I have many friends in the LGBT community, one thing I would like to see, for formal occasions: normalize giving your prefixes (Mr/Miss/Ms/Mx/Dr/Rabbi/Supreme Overlord) as much as giving your pronouns! (I'm she/her/Ms).

I'm pretty cool with my asexuality, and don't really face the institutional discrimination other populations do, so I try to be as supportive an ally as I can be. I will always have an open ear to anyone who needs to vent (shoot me a message on Plaza discord!). Love is love. And some times we just want cake :headbang:

@Burnt Toast yes! I love LoquACEous Star Lord :D Thank you!

@FireroseArien I know the feeling. When I told my parents I think I'm asexual. They're like..."what? Does that mean you like all genders?" :facepalm: Bless them though. They were understanding...helped by the fact that my sister had a baby recently so they weren't so stressed about never becoming grandparents.
Last edited by Boromir88 on Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Esquire of The Mark
I think this counts as fantasy in a technical sense, as it's overriding genre is Disney, but I am really interested to see the representation of Elsa in the Frozen films as someone who is uninterested in love/romance/relationships - spoilers *the act of true love that saves Ana in the first film is an act of sisterly love from Elsa, quite revolutionary for Disney* and lots of people are certain that she is gay, but for me her complete lack of interest or motivation towards the romantic relationship, and the fact that she does not feel like she is missing anything, to me feels more like how I feel in the ace sense. She sings, in the second film, that everyone she has ever loved is in those 4 walls...her sister, her sister's boyfriend, a reindeer and a snowman and she's happy with that, and there is no pressure for her to find anyone else. I think it's nice - even if they do end up giving her a girlfriend - that her story hasn't centred around a romance storyline, and that she is happily independent of any love or attraction in all her actions so far. I really enjoyed it.
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Elder of Imladris
Your stories are brimming with humanity and thank you so much for sharing them. And I am MAJORLY interested in this discussion topic: if any of you know of any sci-fi or fantasy books with LGBTQ+ & BIPOC characters in important roles, I'd love to hear about them because, frankly, all of the fantasy books and comicbooks I've read have only barely scratched on the surface (usually a character like Elric hinting at his bisexuality, or Johnny Constantine who is bi, but it's never really featured in the stories). I'm a boring for-the-most-part-straight person, but as a creative I've always been curious about finding ways to incorporate such characters into my work.
“Someone else always has to carry on the story.”

@Vorondir one of my friends crafted a neat fantasy world where society's phobias of sexuality and gender just don't exist and I would definitely recommend them.

The Sky Slayer is still on my stack of "have to read," but The Sea-Stone Sword was great. Here is an article where he talks about them:

https://www.foxspirit.co.uk/waxing-lyri ... y-fantasy/
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Archer of Lothlorien
Tamora Pierce has LQBTQIA+ characters dotted throughout her multiple series. Daja Kisubo, especially, in the Circle of Magic books stands out. She's a black woman who likes other women. There's a committed lesbian couple in the same series, too. Tamora Pierce is generally pretty good with representation and is a vocal ally, too.
She/her/hers

Snaga
Been meaning to read N.K. Jemisen for way too long to not have made any headway into her books.

What's the best one to pick up first?

Thain of The Mark
My most favorite fantasy trilogy of all time, THE LUMATERE CHRONICLES by Melina Marchetta, has a lovely diverse cast of characters. A number of them are BIPOC and/or LGBTQ+. I also recently read and loved GIRLS OF PAPER AND FIRE by Natasha Ngan, which fits the bill here as well :)
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Chef
There's a THREAD for THIS eek I am excited! We've come a long way since 2003.

Thank you everyone for sharing. I am a cis woman and have thought of myself as gay/lesbian for a long time (probably about a 5 on the Kinsey scale), but have just recently felt better about coopting queer instead, because it seems to capture more of the complexities of who I am. I have also been recently rolling around the idea that I am somewhere on the aromantic spectrum. I don't think of myself as asexual, more like sex is not super important to me and I only want to have it with someone I have a relationship with, which is...complicated when I hate the idea of dating and all that early relationship stuff. I've only had...I guess one and a half romantic relationships in my life, and neither really felt as important or impactful as I had always been taught they should be.

Romance has always been a foreign concept to me. I used to think of it as my brain being broken in this one respect, but it never really bothered me because I worked hard at creating and maintaining deep platonic relationships in my life. Those relationships are incredibly important to me. So I guess I understood that romance didn't matter to me, but didn't know there was a label for it until the last few years, and didn't really think of it as applying to me until recently. I feel really fortunate that I have experienced minimal pressure from my loved ones to date/pair up/do all that mushy romantic stuff, and that I generally came to terms with the idea of being aromantic before I knew there was a word for it.

She/her pronouns for me please. I sometimes present pretty androgynous and get misgendered, but honestly I am also fine with they/them and am more bemused than anything when someone says "excuse me sir" and then looks HORRIFIED when I make eye contact with them.

On the topic of LGBTQ/BIPOC sci fi and fantasy, I recently read Ninefox Gambit by Yoon Ha Lee, a Korean American trans man. The worldbuilding in it was super cool, but for me it was a little light on character development and a little heavy on battles and action. Many of the characters are queer, and I did like that their relationships were discussed without it being a Big Deal. It's just another part of the world. It is very solidly sci fi, not fantasy at all, which was probably also why I didn't like it quite as much as I wanted to. It reminded me a lot of Isaac Asimov's Foundation series, so if you liked that, you might like Ninefox Gambit.
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

Esquire of The Mark
Hey Menolly *waves* Isn't it nice to find a name that fits you? And isn't it a shame that we often don't find out about those names until we've been about in the world for some time? Took me 30 years to even hear of the idea of being ace/aromantic, and longer still to figure out that it described how I felt. But it's nice to find my niche :)
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Arien
Arien
BIPOC and Queer fantasy - yes!!: I have just finished Black Leopard, Red Wolf by Marlon James, which ticks all those boxes. It is a bit of a wild ride and has a lot of violence, including ***sexual assault, cannibalism, gore, violence against children ***so CW for that. But it’s also a fascinating and often tender read, full of magic and monsters.

NK Jemisin is one of my favourite Black fantasy authors. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms is a trilogy of gods amongst mortals; one of the most beloved characters is gender-liminal; there’s a lot of queer romance in book 3, and some in books 1 and 2. There is some smut.

NK Jemisin’s Broken Earth is also incredible and ground breaking and there are certainly trans characters but I seem to have forgotten a LOT of the plot, so I’ll need to reread at some point.

Jay Kristoff’s Nevernight is pretty funny and about assassins, a combination I enjoy. A bit smutty. The main queer romance doesn’t really get going until book 2 but it’s worth waiting for.
cave anserem

Chef
@Fairy Nuff isn't it funny? I remember learning about asexuality probably around the same time I came out as gay, 2008 or 2009. But I had never heard of aromantic (aromanticism? I don't even know) until the last couple of years.

@Sil I keep meaning to try NK Jemisin! Should I start with any title in particular? I have also been meaning to read Black Leopard, Red Wolf, but, well, we all know how long to-read lists can get.

New Soul
Oh hello! Did not know this thread existed until I read the D&I plaza statement. Hi, I'm queer/bi/pan. My gender identity is her/she, but sometimes my gender expression is whatever it feels like that day. Outside of plaza life I do many things, but one thing I do is work as a diversity/inclusion/equity speaker and I specifically speak frequently about all the layers that come with the LGBTQ+ community and the different spectrums there are for gender identity, gender expression, gender presentation, biological sex, sexual orientation etc. I also benefit from the privilege of a marriage that appears cisgender and heterosexual.

Now that intro is out, I'm wondering if we could discuss the longer LGBTQ+ acronym and what all the various letters stand for and if we might consider including the "2" for 2-Spirit representation for any of those folx in the top post? Would also like to know if people here are a fan of allies getting to be represented as an "A in the acronym"? I personally am not, but some folx are all for it. Sorry, just jumping in here with the questions.
she/her

Ent Ancient
I am so happy to see this thread come to fruition! I think its so wonderful of you all to share your stories here and thank you for doing so.

As for SFF with LGBTQ+, a few books sprung to mind.

I also echo N.K. Jemison, but I have only read The Fifth Season and though it was a bit darker than some of my usual reading in some aspects, I quite liked it. For me, this was more Science Fiction than Fantasy. There is a transgendered character, gay and bisexual characters and a 3-person relationship.

Foundryside (and Shorefall, book 2) by Robert Jackson Bennett - ok I think these books are amazing. I love everything about them. They're like a weird mashup of Science Fiction, Fantasy and Steampunk and there is a relationship between two women.

The Raven and the Reindeer
by T. Kingfisher - I just recently read this delightful fairytale re-telling of The Snow Queen with a female/female romance. I really enjoyed it a lot.

Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon - also read this somewhat recently. It is a long (850 pages) standalone fantasy novel with dragons, magic, lots of ancient history and a romantic story between women which does take the center stage quite a bit. There is also a relationship between two men, which gets less page time.
Last edited by Lail on Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Soul
@Nia - Excellent, updated!

@FireroseArien - Thanks for being here, and for sharing! Welcome! And I'm totally with you on normalizing giving titles, and just in general having more conversations about various options for titles and groups announcements, especially gender neutral options. (ex. replacing things like 'ladies and gentlemen')

@Boromir88 - Great, updated!

@Fairy Nuff - Ooh, yeah, I love the idea of Elsa as Ace representation!

@Vorondir - Welcome! I'm with you on seeking out more representation. I've begun that journey over the last few years myself, and especially in the sci-fi and fantasy fields, the most popularized books are frequently written by cis white men, about cis white men-- so I'm looking to continue to expand that. It's great to hear what other people have discovered!

@Dincairwen - I love Tamora Pierce! I've only read a few of her series, so I'll have to check out Circle of Magic!

@Uruva - Looks like Sil's got some more thoughts-- I've only actually read the Broken Earth Trilogy (well, almost done with book 2), so I can't give a comparison on where to start since that's all I've read so far. That said, I'm loving it! So I guess I don't think it's a bad place to start. XD

@Thalionwen Hunigfolm -- Thanks for the recommendations! I will check them out!

@Menolly - Yay! Welcome! Yes, all of the discoveries are quite a journey. I definitely have loved finding and using the word queer for myself, as well, since it feels like it can generally encompass a lot of ideas both about my gender and sexuality when I sometimes don't have the energy to put specific words to all of it.

@Sil - Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to check out that N.K. Jemisin series after I finish the Broken Earth. I also think I have Black Leopard, Red Wolf, so I'll add that to the reading list!

@Tari - Welcome! I'm glad you found us! That's amazing that you do that kind of work, and happy to have your questions and input here. I will gladly add the 2s for two spirit identities. I'll make that update.

As for 'A' standing for Ally, my personal take is no-- it's not meant to be part of the acronym, since the acronym is about the identities of the community facing discrimination, etc., and allies don't face that in the same way-- allies are of course absolutely welcome, but the A in my experience has been for Asexual. I think it's great and important to have this conversation, since I see this question come up a lot.

Another thing I'd add to the conversation, is being an ally is something you choose, and can turn off at any time at your own convenience-- being trans, asexual, bi, etc. is not something you can make that choice about.

I'm open to hearing more thoughts and to questions if people have them! I would love for this to be the place ask those questions and have these conversations to help us be better allies and learn from each other. Eru knows I've still got a lot to learn <3

@Lailorn - Yay, welcome! And thank you for the recommendations!
they/he/mischief

Esquire of The Mark
@Tari I'm with @Burnt Toast on this one. As someone who identifies as ace, seeing the A in the acronym representing me feels very important. I can't really describe how it feels exactly, but I suppose recognition, validation, belonging and inclusion make a start. It is especially important for me from an educational point of view - it took me 30 years to realise that asexuality was even a thing, how many other people are out there, not fully comfortable with themselves but unable to identify with something that fits, because they don't know about asexuality too. If the A in the acronym represents us as an Ace group, more people will hopefully find a place that fits them sooner, and will also prompt more questions from those who are just unaware. "What does the A stand for?" "Asexuality" "What's that?" is a discussion I want to hear more and more.

Plus, its not until you get a thread like this that you realise that there really are people like you, who get you, out there, so that A reaffirms for me that I am not alone.

Arien
Arien
I have seen the A for Aromantic as well as Asexual, I think?

@Lailorn i really enjoyed Priory of the Orange Tree. I could see the slow burn of the romance coming and was hoping it was heading that way. Beautifully written.
cave anserem

New Soul
Sil wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:00 pm I have seen the A for Aromantic as well as Asexual, I think?
Yes, I've also seen this-- meant to add that, thanks.
they/he/mischief

Chef
Yeah, I think the A stands for asexual/aromantic. Allies are lovely, but are separate from the acronym and already covered with "and allies."

@Burnt Toast it took me a looooooong time to come around to reclaiming queer (aren't brains weird on what words to use and not use) and now I'm so glad I have.

Also, I was shelving in adult fiction today and I have an enormous pile of books to read, and yet I came home with these. I blame all of you.

Farmer
Hey folks, I am so so so happy to see that such a welcoming place is here on the Plaza, and to see the Plaza formally recognize itself as an open, diverse, and inclusive space. I hate to say, but I was always unsure, but both the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion post, and this space have assured me, and I could not be prouder and would love it if I could be considered a guardian too *g*.

I identify as a cis male (is that right? I'm sorry if it's not), bisexual but mostly gay, he/him pronouns.

I knew since back in high school I was different, but being raised in church and all, I bottled it up. This threw me into a tailspin of "struggling with myself" for many years, up until about several years ago when I slowly began to shed my marks and began accepting myself and coming out to my circle. Finally, 5 years ago, after a failed summer fling of sorts, I ripped open the closet doors in a post I made on Facebook. Needless to say, it was the worst-kept secret *g*.

Fast forward through a few years of therapy (spending most of my adolescence and early adult years being afraid and unsure of myself took a toll on my mental health), and I met my husband at work three years ago, we started dating, and this past October we married. Life has surely been interesting, but I could not be any happier being so sure of myself, who I am, and finding the partner to share in the adventures of life with.

That's it in a nutshell. Feel free to ask me anything. I am willing to help out however I can, as I also learn more about our community. *g*

Esquire of The Mark
Hey @Joel Cotton *waves* I totally get the whole effect on mental health thing, sadly something I think is far too common across marginalised groups of all kinds, but it's so great to hear that you've found your peace and congratulations to you and your husband on your new marriage!

New Soul
@Fairy Nuff, @Burnt Toast - I also wholeheartedly agree. I think a lot of folx assume A stands for ally and they want to identify that way, but you can't really identify as an ally. I'd definitely love to see more people having that conversation here and being aware that PRIDE isn't something they get to share in the way we do if that makes sense. I still would love to see us write out some of the expanded acronymn so we can prompt some questions for those who may not know and want a safe place to ask!

Also welcome @Joel Cotton!
she/her

New Soul
@Menolly - Yes, makes total sense! And haha, I just made some very similar purchases. XD

@Joel Cotton - Welcome! So glad to have you here! Cis means you identify with your AGAB (assigned gender at birth), so if that's right for you, then yes! I'm so happy for you, being able to come out. That doesn't sound like an easy start-- (I went to Catholic school for 8 years; I hear you). And great, I'll work on a title- have added you to the OP list. :)

@Tari - I'm with you! It's great to have these conversations. You've inspired a next chat topic!

Terminology Time

Do you have a question about a term, or a definition? Feel free to ask here, or add something you'd like to see discussed!

I'm going to add a few terms here, and start with LGBTQIA2s+
lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, intersex, asexual/aromantic, two-spirit (2S), and the + is included for additional identities as we continue to learn and expand our understanding of sexuality, gender, etc.

There are different interpretations of the letters, and still some longer acronyms that exist; this is a place to start. Feel free to ask questions, or add things I've missed; I'm here to learn as well!

A few more:

AGAB - Assigned Gender at Birth
AFAB - Assigned Female at Birth
AMAB - Assigned Male at Birth
they/he/mischief

New Soul
OKAY so I just added a bunch of rotten puns / titles, so everyone has one now. Feel free to come throw tomatoes at me (and seriously, I'm always happy to change it to whatever you want or try to come up with more stuff.) I just really wanted to get everyone updated. XD

Let's see, I lose track, but I think I updated @Winddancer, @Almarëa Mordollwen, @Eldy Dunami, @Rowena Ellenweorc, (maybe @Quill, but might have done that earlier), @Queen Nerwen, @Dincairwen, and @Joel Cotton.

Enjoy. Or toss tomatoes. I work at Renaissance Festivals; it's all the same to me.
they/he/mischief

Master Torturer
Haha! Love it! Dont forget the original OP though :P

New Soul
Ah yes. Le updated.
they/he/mischief

Master Torturer
Thank you for the title, @Burnt Toast! Great work on the puns. :grin:
Loremistress Emerita | she/her

Archer of Lothlorien
A most excellent name, @Burnt Toast. Thank you!
She/her/hers

Chef
Ooh I forgot to ask, but I want to be in the OP! ...and I have zero creative title suggestions sorry :facepalm:

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Burnt Toast I love it
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Horse Trainer of The Mark
OH MY GOSH!!!!! I love my title!!!!! Yay!!!!! I feel so honored!

In War We Know Willpower, In Peace We Know Love~

New Soul
Glad y'all like them!
No worries, @Menolly; I shall add ye and ponder a title. :)
they/he/mischief

New Soul
Same! I want to be in the OP too!
she/her

Farmer
Oh my gosh, I love it! Thankee!!

Thain of The Mark
Just posting here to flag my RP request for a Gondorian LGBTQIA2S+ character to become a pen-pal for my Rohirric non-binary PC Shadowfox, in case any of you lovely people were interested :smooch:

Loremaster of the Herd
Hey y'all, been working myself up to saying this (publicly, online) for a good number of days but I'm also proud to be part of the queer community! Not 100% comfortable posting more than that here permanently, but I'm glad this thread exists!
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Black Númenórean
Welcome, Androthelm :smooch:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Black Númenórean
Welcome, @Androthelm! *glomps*
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Loremaster of the Herd
Glad to be here!! Thanks for the welcomes @Moriel and @Tarawen :grin:

Farmer
Welcome, @Androthelm! And no worries on details, only when you are comfortable and ready. We are understanding for sure! *glomp*

Loremaster of the Herd
:grouphug: thank you thank you thank you @Joel Cotton