There and Back Again Office

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Khazad Elder
Hi @Yávië ! Long time no see! :heart:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
Heya Yávië, nice to see you back. Real quiet at the moment. I guess the weather is drawing people out? :googly:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Healer of Imladris
Thanks guys! :heart:

@Drifa! My favorite Word Sleuth host! *g* Perhaps we can talk about the possibilities of another round after SpringFest?

@Aikári Salmarinian Well, the rainy season just started here, so I've got at least a few weeks of wet feet ahead of me. Hopefully I can scrape together a few thousands words in the meantime. Hope your weather is better than mine!
Top-class Canine Alter Ego Associate of Aerlinn Mordagnir

New Soul
Yávië: The weather is only sunny over Europe, but more rain we definite use. It has been for two months almost now. I wonder what keeps all the water from coming? Last week when it rained, I did 'dancing in the rain'. It was fresh and pleasant really. It is not even warm or hot. Just dry there is risk on wildfire in the forests. Small plants in the garden struggle to grow.

High Lord of Imladris
Well cons have literally eaten my life this summer that said last con for a few months is in 10 days (And I'm running it) so should be back after I catch up on sleep after that
Sereg a Dîn

Steward of Gondor
Yay, we'll be glad to see you back, @Fuin Elda !
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Melkor
Melkor
Glad you survived everything that went on @Fuin Elda !

Khazad Elder
I hope your life tasted sweet! :grin: Have fun at your last con! See you soon!

Newborn of Imladris
I have been away a lot this year, due to illness in the family, not to mention among my cats too. Now it's gradually becoming more likely that I will be back and when I am I will try to take a fuller part in things. I have signed up for the UK Tolkien Society Oxonmoot at the beginning of September, which should do a lot to stir up my tired brain. I've missed three years of it, due to an operation in 2019 and then Covid.
I've been looking for a place to explain this stuff - but 'There and back again' was too clever a title for my tired brain!
Remembering halfir by learning something new each day

Arien
Arien
Looking forward to having you back for PloTs, @Fuin Elda

@Saranna - sorry to hear you’ve had illness in the family! I hope that Oxonmoot brings you lots of joy and we’d be delighted to hear your report back from it!
cave anserem

Loremaster of the Herd
Back again! I'm back again. Did I ever leave? Maybe! But anyway, I'm trying to be better about being more intentionally present in communities that actually bring me joy.
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Newborn of Imladris
@Silky Gooseness Will do my best to convey the excitement, the scholarship, and the silliness of Oxonmoot!
Remembering halfir by learning something new each day

Khazad Elder
Hi @Androthelm ! Good to see you again!🤗

Master Torturer
Welcome back all! :D

Loremaster of the Herd
Thanks @Drifa!
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Arien
Arien
@Androthelm you also bring us joy! :smooch:

@Saranna looking forward to it!

I’m away for a couple of days BUT nobody is currently RPing with me anyway so I don’t expect this will cause much mayhem, I’ll check in on mobile as usual :lol:
cave anserem

High Warden of Tower
Well, I'm off for a week as well, but will check in as I can. And I do have RP stuff. :lol: Hopefully will get some more adventurous ideas while I'm out and about.

Chef
I took a break for awhile, but I am back again. Seeing the Rings of Power last week made me think of you all - and miss this place. My hubby thinks if any of my old friends from here had collaborated with me on RoP's storyline, RoP may have been so much better! Lol.

New Soul
Istya: Nice seeing you around once more! Your hubby must be right. :lol:

Guardian of the Golden Wood
Meant to take a short break but it became a long one when RL did a number on our family back in August. Still working out a new normal at home but glad to put my head in here again and see some familiar names. Maybe now I can discover the answer to the terrible riddle of Drifa?
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

New Soul
Chrys:Hey long time I haven't seen you. Missed your presence and input in lore among. Welcome back!

Arien
Arien
Welcome back @Fuin Elda - good to see you about again
cave anserem

High Lord of Imladris
@Silky Gooseness Thanks for the welcome back had a few people requesting a return and honestly was of the mind to do it. :lol:
Sereg a Dîn

Steward of Gondor
Yay, my pestering finally paid off! lol
Glad to have you back Fuin!
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

High Lord of Imladris
Indeed! Yours and Chrysophylax's!

I have to rattle off what feels like a terrible amount of rust when it comes to fantasy RPing. So might take me a hot minute to get to our RPs I might do some of my solo posts first just to make sure I remember the right flavour!
Sereg a Dîn

Melkor
Melkor
Welcome back @Fuin Elda !

Ent Ancient
hiiii @Fuin Elda!!! good to see you! :smooch:

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks @Lail and @Rivvy Elf
Sereg a Dîn

Fuin Elda wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:21 am Thanks @Lail and @Rivvy Elf
Fuin, that was one of only about three posts! :smooch: I missed you.
Everyone, Rl is a bit too intense these days, and I can no longer bridge the gap right now.

All, whatever your bleedin denomination, faith, or pagan practice: Merry Christmas!

:rage:

Khazad Elder
Merry Christmas, @Chrysophylax Dives! Peace, love and happiness to you and your family! 🌟

Thanks Dwarf. I got called back for want of closure. Felt bad having your court case still ongoing. Feel a little responsible.

I hope it did not all weigh on you too terribly over Christmas.

xx

@Drifa, looking around I am really sorry but I see no way out. I know I got you into this mess. My intentions were (largely) good. I had hopes for illuminating the wonders of riddles and the Chubb-Baggins riddle above all. A renaissance of the riddle thread. I worked hard to educate the admins in the ways of riddles. I campaigned on a soap box with punk music. And now I've even been poking in the Halls of Injustice. But the judge is mythical and the members are all children of the movies and object to reading, riddles, and The Hobbit. I am afraid there is no hope.

I would like to offer my formal apologies for 'A Case for Lore'.
I'm also resigning my dragon office, and so sign, sincerely,
Your good friend, even (especially) when your reputation is dragged through the mud,
Tree

Dear @Tizula, thank you for the name changing information. As you can see, I have resigned my dragon status. This as I do as a formal act of penance for getting you arrested and hauled up in Lore for your riddle - which was truly the most excellent riddle the plaza has ever known.
Yours,
Tree

New Soul
So cool to see names I still recognize after all this time. You guys rock!

Not sure how much I will post, but I saw a thread on Reddit that this place was back up and running and then I saw Narv's name and knew I had to come check it out... and then I saw Drifa, Fuin Elda, Winddancer (who sent me a book), Pele Alarion (who I've actually met in RL), and several other names that I recognize. Considering how long its been since I've been around the Plaza, I have to tip my hat to those still hanging in there. I'm so excited to explore, thank you all for your time keeping this place going. I used to have so much fun here it should be illegal!!! :headbang:

New Soul
Hello, Rohanna, welcome back! Surely I recall you from the starting days (2004). How have you been? Yeah, I never left. The old place went down by a hacker in 2018, we have/had a medium place which exists too, before this website was launched in 2020. Quite a journey how you found us back!

New Soul
yes Aiks, I remember you. I think I joined around 2002/2003, gosh its been so long ago...

I'm totally impressed you never left, now that's a trooper! :winkkiss:

Khazad Elder
@Rohanna - Great to see you, Roh! What a pleasant way to start the day seeing your post here! :) I hope all is good with you, and we'll see you around sometime. It has been a while. I remember asking @Winddancer if she had heard from you when this old joint got up and running again. And here you are. Welcome to the comfortable and laid-back NuPlaza! *grin*

Warrior of Imladris
Roh!

Oh wow. How lovely to see you! Ah, you remind me of mis-spent 30s. :smooch: :headbang:
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

New Soul
Oh my, Drifa and she-whose-name-I-could-never-spell (I shall probably just have to revert to calling you Berry or Ears) :rofl:

This is so freaking cool, hi you guys (gives big group hug). Time for mis-spent oldies!!! :stab:

(btw, what is post icon? I tried one but nothing showed up in preview and Mordor forbid I post without knowing)

Arien
Arien
@Rohanna is it really you?!?!?!!! *screaming incoherently* (it’s Sil)
cave anserem

Captain of Tower
Hiya!
Ziranphel of the Green Hills ~ Thûllir Bregedŷr of Ithilien

Black Númenórean
Roh!! Welcome back! :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Khazad Elder
I am not an expert, but you can only use the Post icon when opening a new thread. Am I right?

Steward of Gondor
I'm not sure what you mean by a post icon, tbh. If you mean a picture icon of your character, you just add that into the post as an image. The icon is made separately by someone who knows how to crop them and size them, etc

Khazad Elder
*not working like a fool today, so*
Hi @Rillewen you can see the Post edit icon when you are in Full Editing. It is between Post A Reply and Subject. There is a star, light bulb, buck-toothed emoji, etc.

Steward of Gondor
Oh, that. Lol I never even paid attention to that lol.

Warrior of Imladris
Rohanna wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:31 am Oh my, Drifa and she-whose-name-I-could-never-spell (I shall probably just have to revert to calling you Berry or Ears) :rofl:

This is so freaking cool, hi you guys (gives big group hug). Time for mis-spent oldies!!! :stab:
Well, those are me too ... :googly: And of course you greet us with a hug and a knife to the head. :lol:
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Chef
@Rohanna! It's me Narv your buddy from olden times. I have a fun trivia fact for you to stump your friends and family with: a big reason why this website exists is this one time when I made The Roh Of The Rohs Rohnatics Rohza on my freewebs.com site for some joke that I don't remember anymore, and I copied all the plaza user interface borders and menus and things onto it and it looked like a really crappy version of plaza except everything was Roh themed. after that I always thought, dang if only I knew how to actually do computer then i could have made that fake Roh plaza way cooler. Then I did learn how to do computer for mostly unrelated financial reasons, and then there was a hopefully entirely unrelated global coronavirus pandemic, and I thought hey maybe I should try doing fake plaza again but maybe sort of also for real since the real one was being a little bit awol for multiple years at the time.

Anyway point is Hi Roh, and thank you for being one of my favourite people to try to make laugh at a time in life when I really needed that, which I guess maybe is always since this site was made probably 35% as a joke for you, except you're 3 and a half years late for the punchline. that part was a whoopsie on your part I'm afraid but I'm very glad you have corrected it

Éowyn
Éowyn
:lol:

Hey, Roh!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Archer of Imladris
Hey everyone! It's both strange and wonderful to be back here after 20 years. I've had many of my own wild adventures between then and now. As Gandalf said, the world isn't all in books it is "out there". But Tolkien's vision has certainly helped see me through those adventures. Good to see familiar faces!

New Soul
Morfindel: Hiya, great to see you back. Has it been two decades? That is really a long time. :lol: