Hall of Rohirric Histories OOC

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Chieftain of The Mark

THREAD FOR TRANSFER OF OOC POSTS FROM ROHIRRIC HISTORIES IC

PLEASE POST MAP ADDITION REQUESTS IN THIS THREAD

AND MAKE SURE YOU TAG
@Taethowen

---

@Taethowen , as mentioned in Golden Hall thread it's good to see more locations in the Riddermark. Glad the old maps are coming in handy.
Last edited by Aodh Hammerhelm on Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Thain of The Mark
@Eldrith’s recent post in Fields and Forest referred to the Aern Freblod estate being close to Edoras; hopefully another location to be added to the map.

Thain of The Mark
OK! Tagging everyone who's posted in the Hall of Histories so far but hasn't necessarily seen the map yet.

@Thalionwen Hunigfolm are you fine with the spot I've assigned for your farm on the map?

@Aethelu, @Amhran, @Bereth, @Lailorn, @Wamba_the_Fool - do you lovely Riders wish to have your homes listed on the new map?

@Allafyrefleorhtlig - I'm waiting on Bereth to confirm where Aern Freablod is located. :D

Doorwarden of The Mark
@Taethowen Blaedtunge's in Dol Amroth now, and the Fool is literally itinerant, although he did have a shack on the outskirts of Edoras at one point.

Thain of The Mark
Yep, looks good @Taethowen!
Bealdorhaelend
Proud member of the Eastmark
Lead Healer, Edoras Infirmary
Shopkeeper, Cwep Ciese

Ent Ancient
@Taethowen - doesn't need a dot because it will just be Edoras, but Lail is moving to a home in New Town, so it could be added to the list sans number.

Thain of The Mark
@Lailorn added you to the list! Let me know when you have some detail about the house if you want it added too.

Knight of The Mark
Another huge thanks to @Aodh Hammerhelm and @Taethowen for the wonderful map. I'm going to give this another day, then I'm going to ask a kind admin to delete the OOC posts requesting placement on the map, in order to keep this thread nice and pretty for our histories. I think Taethowen has taken care of all of the above requests. Future requests for additions should be made in the Golden Hall, and of course be sure to tag Taethowen so she'll see it.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eléowyn always a :smooch:

@Taethowen I've got Aodh and his tet's abodes listed somewhere, will dig them out and send on to you in the Golden Hall.

Guard of The Mark
Taethowen wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:43 pm

@Aethelu, @Amhran, @Bereth, @Lailorn, @Wamba_the_Fool - do you lovely Riders wish to have your homes listed on the new map?

Why sure! It's in the Westfold, within sight but not on the banks of the Onedlo. There's a small (unnamed as yet) village actually on the banks, and the farm is on the outskirts. Should be within a couple days' ride from Edoras, since the Sulhhandlas occasionally use the grist mill therein (taking a certain amount of liberty assuming Edoras has a grist mill).

Also, hi! I know I said I had RL pressures and I do, but goshdangit I can't stay away *all* the time. I miss you peeps.

Thain of The Mark
@Amhran In that part of the Riddermark, it would be in the West Emnet if it's in sight of the Onedlo. Is that fine with you? Also, do you want the farm to just be marked as the Sulhhandlas Farm? And do you care if I slap a random name on the village?

Guard of The Mark
@Taethowen *sheepish* Er, yeah, I mean to say, West *Emnet*. Sheesh, Amh, get it together, woman.

Sure, marking it with the surname will work nicely. And please do name the village!

Master Torturer
@Eléowyn Hope this suffices?

Knight of The Mark
@Winddancer Thank you! I got busy and forgot to ask about deleting the posts. This is even better! :smooch:

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen
I've sent you a list of Hammerhelm real estate via the Golden Hall OOC thread, or should I have posted it HERE?

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm there is fine, Windy created this thread to pull the OOC posts out of the actual Hall of Histories without having to delete them and creating point loss for people. I'll be re-linking my post in the Hall of Histories to this thread in a bit, but don't worry about whatever's already in the Golden Hall OOC thread.

Chieftain of The Mark
:headbang: @Taethowen

Thain of The Mark
Wow! That is something that can be done?! Thank you @Winddancer!!!

Ent Ancient
Ohhh spiffy! Nice magic, Windy!

Elven Enchanter
Very nice. This will keep that that thread nice and clean. But does an admin or @Aodh Hammerhelm want to edit the OP so it sort of says what is going on instead of a random post? Or we can just keep the randomness. It seems to fit the personality that is currently Rohan.
Artanis / Éomund / Brandor / Zarâm

Master Torturer
Welcome! <3
If you need the OP changed let me know, but ooc threads are usually ooc :P

Chieftain of The Mark
@Dimcairien Luiniel
I'd edit a thread opener if I could. How though is the question? It would be better to have @Eléowyn do it as she's running the IC version of Rohirric Histories.

Knight of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm @Dimcairien Luiniel
Aodh, I see you’ve taken care of it, though it’s fine to post their map additions here now that we have this thread. :smooch: I would not have been able to add a post before yours.

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm Yeah, I've redirected my map request link to this thread vs. the Golden Hall OOC, so if we could not redirect people *again* that would be helpful LOL. :smooch:

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eléowyn & @Taethowen

:facepalm: Opening post edited as requested :thumbs:

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm for the location of Cald Mannes Hǣþ, you just mean in the space between the White Mountains and the Great West Road, a bit west of the Aldburg, correct?

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen ,
Aye, that sounds good

Doorwarden of The Mark
@Taethowen Please could you add me a village on to the map, a bit above the 's' in 'Westfold'? This is the rough location of Caldbeck, the village where Elarith and her family have their sheepholding. Thanks!

Thain of The Mark
@Elarith got you on the to-add list! Do you want the sheepholding on there as a slightly separate location, or just as part of the village as a whole?

Thain of The Mark
@Amhran, @Aodh Hammerhelm, @Elarith - all your requests have been added to the map! Please verify that I got them mostly-correct. If I got anything grossly wrong, it will be changed within a few days.

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen
Thankee-sai, all locations perfect

Ent Ancient
I need to search your memories...I am hoping someone remembers this better than me. Did the Northern Wind Cavalry campaign end up combining with the Southern Storm one into one massive Rohan + Gondor RPG? Am I remembering this right? I left the Cavalry after Northern Wind, but I faintly recall Southern Storm threads in Gondor and swear that they combined eventually. Can anyone help?
(Edit: asking here for character history context + if we get a good answer, maybe it'll help other folks with their histories.)

Thain of The Mark
@Lailorn that is what I recall as well. I've found several Southern Storm/Northern Wind threads that are archived, but hadn't posted the Gondor ones here. Perhaps I should, since they were such an integral part of Rohan's history too, on Old Plaza.

Here's what I have found, though, just for reference (and I think I have posted all the Rohan ones in the archive thread? maybe?)

RPG Archive - Southern Storm/Northern Wind RPG (2004/2005 - Rohan/Gondor)
Rohan
I: The Muster of Rohan - http://web.archive.org/web/200407240536 ... Position=1
V: Battle at Aldburg - http://web.archive.org/web/200408040713 ... Position=1
VI: The Forgotten Enemy - http://web.archive.org/web/200408040716 ... Position=1
VII: A New Breath - http://web.archive.org/web/200409032330 ... Position=1

Gondor
I: War Council - http://web.archive.org/web/200408071313 ... Position=1
II: Fire & Stone - https://web.archive.org/web/20041013015 ... Position=1
III: Fire & Stone - https://web.archive.org/web/20041013030 ... Position=1
XVII: https://web.archive.org/web/20050324225 ... Position=2
XVIII: https://web.archive.org/web/20050310053 ... Position=1
XXIV: https://web.archive.org/web/20050502025 ... Position=1

Ent Ancient
Ok. Thank you! I'm glad my memory is at least somewhat accurate. Those Gondor threads answer my question that yes, we did combine! I've got all the Northern Wind links in the archive already, but I think I will add the Southern Storm ones since as you say it was a big RPG for Rohan, too.

Doorwarden of The Mark
Thanks very much @Taethowen , looks spot on!

Thain of The Mark
I was scrolling back through LITM browsing Eldrith’s Black Hands posts, and spotted that Rowena mentions her family owning an “Inn Just outside the Deep” (I don’t know if that means inside or outside the main fortress). I think the Ellenweorc’s might also have a farm in Westfold as well.

Thought I would mention @Rowena Ellenweorc and @Veowyn in case they wanted to have those holdings added to the map.

ALLACAN EDIT; Found a later post that refers to it as the “Lone Wolf Inn, Just Outside Helm's Deep“

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen

Will Map Point Cav #4 - Unnamed/unclaimed (An outpost on the western shore of the Anduin, between the North and South Undeeps in the Wold. Established in the early 4th Age after a military review of past invasions into Rohan.) - be assigned via Cavalry?

I'm hoping to get NPC Ælfred the One-Eyed back into the Cav in the coming month. He has a vested interest in keeping an eye on things in that area.

Doorwarden of The Mark
Aodh Hammerhelm wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:01 pm I'm hoping to get NPC Ælfred the One-Eyed back into the Cav in the coming month. He has a vested interest in keeping an eye on things in that area.
Every eye he has.

Chieftain of The Mark
Wamba_the_Fool wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:12 pm
Aodh Hammerhelm wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:01 pm I'm hoping to get NPC Ælfred the One-Eyed back into the Cav in the coming month. He has a vested interest in keeping an eye on things in that area.
Every eye he has.
"Eye, eye, sai-Fool!"

Thain of The Mark
https://ibb.co/NWJvHX4 < link to Taeth's map

@Winddancer Would village 10 "Smoltwaeter - West-march" work as the village from which Sigrid is from. We could leave a note here that it is abandoned after all the residents were killed, and it would make sense for Grimthain's patrol to have taken up the chase as the kidnappers passed north of Helm's Deep, headed East towards the Entwash, and caught them just before they crossed the border between Eastfold and Anorien. Given that Grimthain said the children were buried "along the East-West Road [should have been Great West Road], only half a day’s ride west of the Firien-wood" that would put their mounds near the brown 13 cavalry outpost (the forest on the map at that border being the Firien-wood) and, errrr, the opposite direction from Helm's Deep from Edoras. @Éolath :embarrassed:

ALLACAN EDIT
If you prefer, and it would help your role-play, I could edit Grimthain's post to say the children were found dead near the brown 13, but their bodies were transported back to Westfold and their mounds are actually near the red 1, Sceornbeorg - Westfold (which is also Grimthain's home village) as by then they had learned that the old village was completely abandoned?

Thain of The Mark
@Wamba_the_Fool @Aodh Hammerhelm Psst, I think this sort of stuff is what the Hall of Rohirric Histories OOC thread was opened for? :winkkiss:

Chieftain of The Mark
@Taethowen

Will Map Point Cav #4 - Unnamed/unclaimed (An outpost on the western shore of the Anduin, between the North and South Undeeps in the Wold. Established in the early 4th Age after a military review of past invasions into Rohan.) - be assigned via Cavalry?

I'm hoping to get NPC Ælfred the One-Eyed back into the Cav in the coming month. He has a vested interest in keeping an eye on things in that area.

Chieftain of The Mark
Allafyrefleorhtlig wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 pm @Wamba_the_Fool @Aodh Hammerhelm Psst, I think this sort of stuff is what the Hall of Rohirric Histories OOC thread was opened for? :winkkiss:
@Allafyrefleorhtlig

Aye so! We need to change the Thread Titles... They're too similar for me :facepalm:

Chieftain of The Mark
@Eléowyn
Sorry, deor-min, I've managed to clutter up your lovely Histories Hall viewtopic.php?f=12&t=96 with posts meant for this thread. Could you ask the Valar to expunge/move them? @Wamba_the_Fool is also GUILTY :moon:

Doorwarden of The Mark
Allafyrefleorhtlig wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:18 pm @Wamba_the_Fool @Aodh Hammerhelm Psst, I think this sort of stuff is what the Hall of Rohirric Histories OOC thread was opened for? :winkkiss:
((OOC: No joke, with the map up there I totally thought this was the OOC thread. Mea culpa!))

Doorwarden of The Mark
Aodh Hammerhelm wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:38 pm @Eléowyn
Sorry, deor-min, I've managed to clutter up your lovely Histories Hall viewtopic.php?f=12&t=96 with posts meant for this thread. Could you ask the Valar to expunge/move them? @Wamba_the_Fool is also GUILTY :moon:
@Eléowyn My apologies sweostor-min; sai-Hammerhand is right, I shan't protest. Mea culpa!

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm I was trying to keep it ambiguous, since to some extent Plaza characters may have NPC family members in the Cavalry, but I have no problem sticking Ælfred's name on it for now. Do you have something you want the outpost to be called?

Chieftain of The Mark
Hi @Taethowen

Thanks, I think the one-eyed warrior might be taking up residence at the Duglaich residence, so not too far from the Undeeps to make that viable.

Ælfred says: "The Tafelberg is as good (or as bad) a name as any".

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm Got Ælfred added to the list, and the Tafelberg named!

Thain of The Mark
@Aodh Hammerhelm and @Wamba_the_Fool No harm done; I made exactly the same mistake and posted my own OOC reply in the other thread so must confess I am guilty also; it was only when I later went to edit my own post there that I realised what had happened. Maybe someone linguistically skilled could figure out what 'Hall of Rohirric Histories' would be in Rohirric and we can add that to the main thread name to hopefully avoid future confusion?