I Have Never...

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Esquire of The Mark
I have eaten pheasant, and it is magically delicious. I have never seen a moose in real life.

I have definitely done one or two 'bad guy' characters, but I've never gotten to be the 'bad guy' in a larger roleplay. :cry: Who is the most memorable character
you've ever roleplayed? (Preferably one you no longer do)
'

Khazad Elder
I have seen a moose and I have eaten moose meat. Moose steaks are the most delicious, with hardly an ounce of fat on them. A minute or two a side is all you have to do in a frying pan with a dab of butter. :smile: I have never heard a live rooster crow.

The most memorable character I have ever roleplayed was my character, kimli. She died in a fire in KD. I am her sister. Do you find short RP posts can be just as challenging to write as long ones?

Loremaster of Gondor
I have heard a live rooster crow. Was even chased by one. Evil bird he was. Grandmother thought it was hilarious when complained about him. I have never ridden a motorcycle.

It really depends on the post, but generally shorter ones I find easier. But sometimes, it takes more time to get the tone and emotions right. Have you ever worked on a rp story with someone else and had to send them portions of your potential post to make sure what your wrote works with their character?
Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy- Stonewall Jackson
Hubris guarantees disaster.- T C

Loremaster of the Herd
I have also never ridden a motorcycle. And, since my roommate was just talking about it, I might mention I've never seen Psycho.

I've never had an RP partner look over my use of their character like that -- but then, I haven't done that much serious RPing / planning. Have you ever participated in the death of a player character?
In the deeps of Time, amidst the Innumerable Stars

Esquire of The Mark
I've actually never seen Psycho either! I feel like I should though, with all the good reviews over like...eighty years. Haha. I have never sailed on the Atlantic.

On the Plaza, no. But I have roleplayed on other sites and been part of another character's death. Do you prefer to roleplay peasant, nobility, or someone in the middle?

New Soul
Neither have I. I'd like to. I have never been on a cruise.

It really depends on the setting, all of the above are interesting to write, especially if you take the time and effort to research the daily lives of those social classes throughout the ages. Have you ever participated or been nominated for the ARPY award in the Old Plaza?
She/her.
Solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant

Ent Ancient
Psycho is one of my fav Halloween movies. Still great to watch anytime of year.

I have been on research cruises, ferries and sailboats but never one of those giant cruise ships (and don't want to). I have never lived in a city of more than 500,000 people.

I have not. Seems the ARPYs came about after I left and I was not around enough on subsequent brief returns to participate. Have you ever created a character with the intention of letting them be killed or die?

Orc Chieftain
Neither have I. Most places I've lived would count as a medium sized city. I have never had any brothers or sisters (only child, here)

Yes. I first created Lathana to be a victim when I first introduced her on the Old Plaza because I wasn't intending to kill off my main character (though Naelia has met an unfortunate end in Thief Hunt when she ran into a trap that led her to the Heart of Mount Doom, it wasn't permanent). Have you ever resurrected a character?

P.S. I've only seen the remake of Psycho, not the original. Maybe someday...
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

High Warden of Tower
I have two older brothers. I have never grown a mango.

Hmm. I don't think so. Have you ever had your character sleep in and miss some important event?

New Soul
I haven't grown a mango either. I have never read Borges.

No, but sounds like an interesting idea I should take into consideration *thinking face* Have you ever had your character say something that personally made you cringe, but it fits the character so they say it?
She/her.

Black Númenórean
I have possibly read Borges for a Spanish class at some point, but if I did, I have long since forgotten it. I have never gone backcountry camping (though I dearly wish to!).

Yes - many times. :lol: Have you ever used a Plaza character's name as an account username on another site?
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Balrog
I have once, many, many years ago and it was tons of fun. On the hiking theme, I have never tired to bathe in a river or lake

I haven't yet, but give me time and I will! Have you ever thought about using any of your characters in a real world, modern day setting?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Khazad Elder
I have bathed in a river and lake many times. Your hair is always soft after bathing because of the soft water. 😊. And continueing the theme, I have never eaten a S'mores over a campfire.

No, I have not had the opportunity to play/be Drifa in RL. Of course all my family know Drifa quite well. Ha! I guess I have!! What is your favorite Tolkien city?

Esquire of The Mark
Oh I have eaten SO many s'mores over a campfire. It is one of my favorite outdoor activities. I have never had my wisdom teeth removed.

Oh that is a difficult question! I think I would have to say Menegroth or possibly Osgiliath at the height of it's power. Who is your least favorite Tolkien character?

Balrog
I, too still have all my wisdom teeth. I have never owned a full desktop computer.

Least favorite? Legolas because... he could have been completely removed and the story wouldn't have suffered. What's the worst thing your main Plaza character has done?
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Lord of Imladris
I have owned several. I am eyeballing another new one since the one at my shop is about 8 years outdated and my home one is about 3 years outdated now... I have never owned a 'elite name brand' computer. (Alienware, Apple)

Depends on your definition of worst really. She has massacred small villages of goblins leaving none alive. She has used the unseen realm to literally flay another elf within an inch of their sanity. I mean those two are up there with pretty horrible things for an elf. (She's also tried and failed to kill Aigronding Mordagnir) What is the most noble sacrifice your main Plaza Character has done?

Balrog
technically all brands are name brands, but I digress (I use HP most of the time). I have never been skiing

Frost isn't really a noble sacrifice kind of person, unless you mean the sacrificing of nobles, then he's done that quite a bit. Assume that your character is aware of modern day music, what's their favorite?

Chef
I have been skiing exactly once. I was 13 and had grown six inches in the past few months and didn't know where my arms and legs ended when I was walking on regular ground in regular shoes. Needless to say, strapping a pair of slippery boards to my feet and trying to slide down a mountain did not go well. I have never learned to do a magic trick.

Uh sadly I am barely aware of modern day music, but I feel like Menolly would enjoy most folk music (which I also like). Have you ever recreated a plaza character in D&D or any other roleplaying type game?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

High Lord of Imladris
I have once when I was little it was a shire trick and I never used it ever. I have never been good at learning languages

I have recreated Fuin/Melviriel for a LARP beta test she was well recieved. Have you ever ended up writing a story/post on the Plaza to a particular song?

LOL @The King in Yellow That's why I said elite :wink: you don't pay an extra $500 for a 1080ti on an HP lol

Esquire of The Mark
ME EITHER. UGH. STUPID BRAIN. I have never been fishing in the ocean.

No, I can't say I've done that. But I have written songs in posts and then made the music to them later, most recently in a Gondor post. Who is the most difficult race for you to roleplay?

Istari Steward
I have not fished in the ocean either, only lakes and rivers. I have never shaved my head.

I want to answer wizards for the luls, but tbh it's probably Elves, seeing as how I am for all intents and purposes the exact opposite of an elf. Have you ever gotten deja vu writing a post feeling like you've had the same idea before, but had forgotten until re-writing?

Balrog
I shaved my head once, and I hated it so, so much. I have never had anything pierced

More often than I'd care to admit, but then I might have Alzheimer's so... Have you ever tried to fit a dream you had into a post/story until to realize the idea itself was really dumb/

Chef
I have three piercings in each earlobe and have contemplated more, but piercing cartilage scares me a little. I have never successfully done a cartwheel.

I pretty much never remember my dreams, so I suppose not. Have you ever invaded a pub as a race/creature you were not supposed to be according to the OP rules?
they/them/actual hobbit in search of a merrier world

High Lord of Imladris
I was in gymnastics for two years. So I have done several. I have never successfully done a mount onto the highest uneven bar.

I mean... no because none of the pubs I've been in have creature race restrictions. but most of the games I play the OP has rules for HOW to play those non acceptable races in them so no though that would be hilarious. Have you ever had to wake up and get out of bed so you could write down an idea for a Plaza post (of any sort)?

High Warden of Tower
I haven't even attempted to use that contraption at all... I have never used a telescope.

I think I have a couple of times. Have you ever mixed up your characters accidentally when posting?

Istari Steward
My uncle is big into astronomy so I actually have used a telescope. I have never been skiing.

I don't have a lot of characters, so I don't have a lot of opportunity to mix characters up. I have mixed up NPC voices when GMing for tabletop roleplaying though. Have you ever used a plaza character in your tabletop roleplaying (if you have ever done that)?

Esquire of The Mark
I have been skiing, but never good old-fashioned mountain skiing. Only at the snow parks. I have never owned a rodent of any kind.

Not exactly, but I've definitely taken a broad character base for a character and applied it in D&D. And vice versa. Who was/is your favorite person to RP with on the Old Plaza and the New Plaza? (If you don't wanna pick favorites, you can answer this: Who's cuter, Gimli or Gloin?)

Khazad Elder
I have owned rodents. Two guinea pigs that a friend of my young son's was giving away. We where told that they were both male. Two soon turned into 5 guinea pigs. I guess the previous owners did not know the difference between a he and a she. Guinea pigs are not the easiest pets to own. I have never been on a roller coaster.

Gimli of course! He has his mother's eyes, I am told. My mind's eye has a completely different image of Tolkien's dwarves compared to PJ's movie dwarves. Elu Thingol: love him or hate him. Why?

New Soul
I have a few times when I was in high school. It was fun, don't know if I'd repeat it now that I am a Woman of a Certain Age though™ :lol: I have never owned a Stetson hat.

I have Opinions™ on this subject! :lol: I think he's an idiot, but I neither love him nor hate him. Well, that summed up my opinion of half of the characters in The Sillmarilion :lol: What kind of character is most difficult for you to write?
She/her.

Balrog
I live in the southwest, it's a law that you have to have at least one. I have never owned a pet bird

Good guys, I much prefer the baddies which of your Plaza characters could best exist in a non-Tolkien created world?

Elven Enchanter
I have never owned a pet bird, but my nephew has a cockatiel named Aragorn. I have never shaved my head.

Probably Éomund. He's fully human after all. Have you ever RPed as an inanimate object?

High Lord of Imladris
I also have never shaved my head (at least all of it) one day if I damage my hair bad enough I'll go to a 0 shave just to say I have. I have never had to cut my hair because I've gotten something stuck in it.

No I have never RPed an inanimate object. Have you ever created a non Tolkien based character and brought them into Middle-earth?

Esquire of The Mark
Oh, I definitely have before. I one time has a very intricate earring get caught in my hair so badly I had to cut a decent chunk of it out. I have never been an aunt/uncle.

Sort of. I have adapted another character into Middle Earth. Which Mannish city would you most like to rule: Dale, Edoras, Dol Amroth, or (post War with Sauron) Umbar? And why?

New Soul
I am an aunt. :grin: My brother's kids are a very adorable and lively bunch of 2 :lol: And speaking of wee humans :tongue: I have never changed a diaper.

Hmmm dilemma, dilemma... But I'll go with Umbar, because I love all the political chaos (is a ladder) that's going on there after the fall of Sauron and how one would try to establish some kind of functional order and try to integrate the city into the Reunited Kingdom. It would be such fun :lol: or you'd end up dead. Still fun :lol: If you or your character could only live in one city/town/village in Middle Eart where would that be and why? (and what age if you want to be specific)
She/her.

High Warden of Tower
I don't think I've changed diapers for wee humans, but I have for old people in need of care. I have never shot a crossbow.

4th Age Emyn Arnen, or... somewhere in North Ithilien... or in Lossarnach. Why just one, for crying out loud! Forests and nature are a thing, so somewhere where it is available. And Gondor it must be, not other forests in ME. What would your character(s) do when stuck on a small uninhabited island?

Khazad Elder
I have never shot a crossbow. I have shot a slingshot. I have never had a pedicure ( is it fun, relaxing ?)

Find a hidden cave. Even a small island most have them one would think. :smile: Berúthiel, the Queen with the magical cats (nine black and one white). Was she a servant of the Dark Lord?

Balrog
I've never had one either, I'd likely react violently to one as well. I have never had eye surgery.

I don't think so, some people are just out for themselves, Mairon isn't behind every bad person. On a black to grey scale, where do you prefer a character's morality?

New Soul
I had never had eye surgery. But I'm thinking one day I might have laser eye surgery to correct my myopic eyesight :lol: I have never learnt to play a musical instrument.

Hmmm *thinking face* I like characters who are in various shades of grey of the morality spectre. Also, those who have their own code or moral creed, that does not have to align with the morality of the society. So I'm in the shades of grey spectre here :lol: Are you a planner or pantser or both kind of writer?
She/her.

Black Númenórean
I have learned a few musical instruments in my time. At one point, I was pretty serious about becoming a professional clarinetist. I have never held a live snake. Or a dead one, come to think of it.

I can be both - it really depends on the situation. Probably lean more pants, though. :lol: Where do you write/plan your posts (in physical notebooks, on your computer/phone, in the cloud, in the post box [*gasp*], or otherwise)?

High Lord of Imladris
I have held several - including the local zoos albino boa... I've also caught and held several garter snakes. I have never owned an animal bigger than a dog.

Post box. OCCASSIONALLY I plan points and certain things on discord but no full writing really.... Have you ever taken part in the ARPYS (OP primarily)

Balrog
Neither have I, living in apartments for so many years precludes anything larger than a small dog. I have never ridden a bike more than 20 miles at a time

I'd never even heard of the ARPYS until NuPlaza, shows how little I was involved with things back in the day. which kingdom is the most challenging for you to write/RP in?

New Soul
Not a skilled bike rider here (don't at me here!), so it's a no form me :lol: I have never harvested olives.

Hmmm if we're talking culturewise Rohan and Imladris. For Rohan the "issue" is that it's based on a different culture (Anglo-Saxons/Vikings) that I'm not really familiar with so it's hard to craft a good story. It's a similar thing for Imladris + I can't wrap my head around elves :lol: How are you lot not all mad hatters/on drugs or something after living so long?! :lol: What's the best thing for you about RPing/writing a character in your preferred Kingdom?
She/her.

Balrog
I've never even thought about harvesting olives so that's a definite no :lol: I have never managed to stay up for 48 hours straight

Being a minion, I have to say that the ability to play someone absolutely bonkers crazy, chaotic, and down right stupid (Fleeg and co.) as well as the ability to play deadly serious, creepy, and evil (Frost and co.) and never feel like I'm breaking the spirit of Mordor to do it. If you could introduce a fantasy drug into the Plaza (toad licking is already taken) what would it be and what would you do with it?

High Lord of Imladris
I have several times when working in the film industry was the worst. I have never had student debt (lots of other debts though lol)

I'd call it ElfSD..... and it wouldn't really DO anything other than taste like strawberries or something mundane like that but I'd say it's the craziest trip ever and then watch all the crazy Fleeglings go bonkers trying to come up with what they were seeing on it. Is there one thing from Old Plaza that you'd love to see brought onto NuPlaza exactly as it was?

Khazad Elder
I have never had a student debt (I wish I would have along with a goal :cry: ) . I have never lassoed a cow.

Drill would be fun to have back . Although, after all this time it would be pretty hard to find some questions seeing as how most know Tolkien's work pretty well. Have you ever worn dwarf boots? :grin:

Orc Chieftain
I have never lassoed a cow either (though I've watched Dr. Pol do it plenty of times! When I was a toddler, Mom thought I would grow up to be a Vet, since I once saved our pet cat from choking. I must have been pretty young, since I don't even remember the incident. I'm just amazed I knew what to do at such a young age). I have never been to Switzerland

If you mean on the Plaza, I was once in the area of Erebor when I was more into Thorin (Talina was originally a dwarf of Erebor, but once I got over Thorin and moved back to the Shadowed Lands when the Old Plaza was divided into Regions, I changed her character to a human that resided in Ithilien, but was originally from Gondor). I don't think I'll ever sign up for Discord (my present username is probably already taken, and signing up with my real name is out)
He who commands the Ruling Ring... commands all

Balrog
I've yet to visit Switzerland as well, but it's on the list of places to see absolutely immediately (and be far away from all the people). I've never accidently torn a door off it's hinges.

I'm part of about a dozen Discord servers filled with lovely people, the trick is finding a clever username. What extra-Tolkien related work (like The Atlas of Middle-Earth) do you find most useful aside from the original works?

Black Númenórean
I've never accidentally torn a door off its hinges... or on purpose! I have never slept overnight in a hammock.

The Atlas of Middle-Earth is great! :grin: I also like Robert Foster's Tolkien's World from A to Z as a quick, if limited, reference. Which of Tolkien's non-Middle-Earth-related works is your favorite? (Or, if you don't have one currently, which would you most like to read?)

High Lord of Imladris
I have never slept overnight in a hammock. I use to want nothing more than a giant hammock instead of a bed I found them sooo comfortable....I have never found a home repair project I couldn't do myself (calling Dad is acceptable for help).

I absolutely adored Farmer Giles of Ham. I use to be a camp councilor and honestly I would read it to the kids in cabin over the course of 3 days that they were at camp (6-8 year olds) Found out one of them their dad was a massive Tolkien nerd and the first thing she told her Dad was her councilor read her Farmer Giles of Ham. It's my go to for reading to kids when I don't have a week or longer to read the hobbit chapter by chapter. Which of the extra Tolkein related work (Like the Tolkien Bestiary) do you find the least useful outside the original works?

Istari Steward
There have been several projects I couldn't do myself, though we've only had a house for a year or so--pruning trees, replacing roofing, and black mold under our sink. So it goes. I have never worn a hat that wasn't a baseball cap (or part of a costume for theatre)\

This might be a stretch but as a teen I bought a book that purported to be an explanation of Middle-earth but it based everything off of movie "lore" so that was pretty useless. Have you convinced anyone to join nuplaza that wasn't on old plaza?