Runners & Other Oddities

Yeah I get it, this is where everyone will actually post.
Balrog
An added bonus is trying to find a time during summer in la frontera that isn't 35 degrees plus with little to no shade :party:
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

High Warden of Tower
The horror! I don't like much heat...

New Soul
I ain't made for such heats, but we get a taste by the weekend closed down with rain and lightning. Right now we got a blowing concert outside. It storms, but dry.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

High Warden of Tower
My this year's results are not very good this far. Have to settle my sleeping habits and get some of the weight off.

High Warden of Tower
Meh. Doc said I must exercise for the benefit of my spine/tailbone, so will have to make time... and slowly learning to pace myself in trail runs so that I have enough strength to do all 4 laps reasonably well and not just the 1st. Also, it seems that my sports watch is beginning to misbehave, so have to decide if I want to continue with Polar or try out Garmin.

New Soul
Pele: Sorry to hear it about your spine. I hope the slow running improves on your difficulties, so they become lesser and will vanish. Have you found a good watch for your sport? A Polar or a Garmin?

High Warden of Tower
Still using my old watch, and had to stop all running activities - have been ill for 10 days, and still not feeling 100% well.

High Lord of Imladris
I have been dead stopped from running for over a month and a half now (major surgery on my chest) and I'd just gotten to 2km in 10 minutes when I'd had to stop.

I had been hoping to make 2.4km (a mile and a half) in ten before the end of summer but not sure that's going to happen now. I've only been cleared for walking fast and not jogging yet medically Doc said I need to work up to a full run again.

I also had gotten up to 500m front crawl in 12 minutes we'll have to see I think I can actually do the swimming again now but need a new swim suit. None of mine fit anymore. That's probably going to be my first cardio back.
Sereg a Dîn

High Warden of Tower
@Fuin Elda Well, that is no good! But I hope you'll be able to get back to things, or at least some.

I did my first run after 4 weeks off. Meh, slow and high heartrate, so starting all over almost. And have put on so much weight that I don't really fit in my sports shorts. Work to do here... City orienteering in the dark tonight, so will see if I can find my way around my own town. lol...

High Lord of Imladris
@Pele Alarion So far no running but this weekend I'm going to start swimming again. So we'll see where I'm at with that it's no impact which is why the issue is with running atm. and all the stitches are fully healed in terms of no longer open wounds. (I did manage to find a swimsuit the last time I was in the city so that's fun lol)
Sereg a Dîn

New Soul
Fuin: How was the dip in the pool? Sorry about the stitches, but glad they healed well.

High Warden of Tower
At least you can have some activities, @Fuin Elda !

Well, my official orienteering and running season has come to an end, and to my utter surprise I seem to have ended up second according to total scoring of the trail run series. Not due to speed, mind you, because it has been terribly slow. Just because the faster opponents attended less runs.
Now, the plan is to focus on sorting out my eating habits to lose some weight and to supplement running programme with stretches and strength training. Will see how that goes and if I can adhere to discipline enough to reach results.

New Soul
Pele: I hope you reached your set goals from October and are feeling much better. :wink:

High Warden of Tower
Only existed in October and November, Aiks, but now have started on something finally.