The Golden Hall III (Meduseld OOC)

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Esquire of The Mark
Sounds good, will reply soon! :)
And whither then? I cannot say...

Master Torturer
Melahny_oftheWoods wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:26 pm @Metatron Omega Frost, concerning the Spring Festival thread... Is it alright if I God-mode slightly so Wulf can repair Athelstan's nosie? I think it would be okay but wanted to ask first... Is there no way to PM on the Plaza anymore?
Unfortunately not, atm we use the Plaza Discord :)

Esquire of The Mark
@Winddancer Oh okay. What is the discord link?

Master Torturer

Esquire of The Mark
Thank you!

Guard of The Mark
Hi. I've spent got quite a bit of time developing my character now, so I'm keen to start roleplaying, however I don't really have any idea where to begin. I notice there's a spring festival going on at the moment, as well as the free rp thread (where it seems to be autumn, not spring) but I think I'd rather start in the shallow end so to speak, and start with a bit of free roleplay rather than diving straight into a major event... but the problem is, I can't seem to think of a scenario or story to start roleplaying with, can anyone give any suggestions or tips on how I could start? Many thanks.

Also, given my character has given their history of the Hall of Rohirric histories, does that mean my character is definitely in Edoras now or for the sake of role-play purposes, it it possible for them to be elsewhere (and just ignore the fact that they happened to be in Edoras to relay their history as that was I guess a matter of necessity...)?

Master Torturer
Glad to see you jumping in Jenny! :D Well it all depends really, is your character in Edoras? Are they arriving? If they are arriving, where did they come from and why are they here? A good way to start off is to do the entry (if arriving), tell the story of why they came. If they are already here, then do a story about something they have to do, are they looking for a new job? New place to live? Something happening? Out shopping and trying to find something? Hopes and dreams. Just a sort of day in the life kind of post can be quite sweet.

You could start out in the Inn, I know its been a couple of years since the last post, but I am sure someone will come along. There is also the Riddermarket for the shopping, dont mind that it says winter, though that is coming! Unfortunately Rohan is a lil quiet in regards to posting atm, the riders seem to have gone out for some really long rides :P

Dont worry what the season says, change it what you want as most threads you can sort of get by with doing that if you are not interacting with someone saying a different season. That and the TRs arent around to keep them updated.

If you feel something specific is lacking, you are welcome to create a new thread, just make sure there isnt one already :) No need to ask.

As for the rohirric stories you are welcome to just post your back story, it was a question raised a while back and the Threadrunner was more than fine if you didnt rp going to Edoras and just added a backstory.

Btw if you have Discord, we have a plaza channel, let me know if you want a link :)

Guard of The Mark
Thanks! Well, if I don't have to be, I would say I'm not in Edoras, mainly as I can't think of a reason right now why a peasant girl from the far East of Rohan would travel to Edoras at this point, so I would probably start in the Fields of the Mark thread perhaps, though I'm still not sure how to start exactly. I guess I could start with a day in the life in her village, and then try to think of some kind of plot/story/event from there perhaps? Though perhaps I should travel to Edoras at some point as that seems to be where the action is so to speak. I just need to find some kind of reason for her to travel that way...

Master Torturer
Well yes, most threads will be centered around Edoras, would also be where it's more lively. Fields of the Mark would be fine to start in. You could have her doing something, a chore or avoiding a chore :P As to reasons to go to Edoras, well is she sick of the small village and wants to see the world? Someone hurt and needs meds they dont have? Picking up a horse that couldnt be delivered? This is where your imagination can run wild (pun intended :P )

New Soul
Jenny, do you need a companion to travel with? I could provide a Rohir character, just a villager, or one from court, or someone else? I have the impression you find it a bit difficult to have inspiration. It is always nice to roleplay with someone, and I never really had a real character from the Rohan lands.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Chieftain of The Mark
What Rohan doing? Miss you all muchly. Hope to be back before fall ends - Aodh
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Master Torturer
Welcome back! @Aodh Hammerhelm

Chieftain of The Mark
Thanks @Winddancer

Hope to catch up at length soon ☺️

Master Torturer
You have been missed! Looking forward to seeing you around more :D

Chieftain of The Mark
Missed you bunch too

Ent Ancient
hi Aodh! great to see you! been a bit treeish and sleepy lately myself (this is Lail in Halloween costume)

Ent Ancient
@Winddancer @Rillewen please feel free to move on in the Infirmary if you wish. I think Harlan and Parry will be sleeping until morning so I likely won't post again until time moves forward. :) <3 thanks for writing this story with me so far (and @Fuin Elda too!)

Melkor
Melkor
@Arnyn Can I play as a sheep trying to shear a sheep? I shall use my teeth to handle the sharp shearing instrument (clearly I know nothing about sheep shearing, so let's wait for the disaster to happen!)

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Rivvy Elf I'll allow it :grin:
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Crafts Master
Hello dear horse people........a beer in honour of you all. Just a fast trip from Borromino to greet you all. If allowed I will be glad to meet you inside You threads as soon as possible. Thanks.

Esquire of The Mark
Hi @Rillewen and @Pele Alarion! Pele mentioned that you may have a spot for another adventurer on your RP? My namesake Melahny has just bought a new horse and is ready to travel to Gondor, she is a travelling merchant & herbalist.

I have a post in life in the mark: viewtopic.php?p=60265#p60265

High Warden of Tower
@Melahny_oftheWoods , excellent post! Now how will we have our folks run into each other? Hadassa and Xyler are about to leave Edoras.

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele AlarionI thought they could meet on the road? Melahny is going through Gondor to trade. I still need a name for her horse too haha. Will your characters be needing some help with directions?

Also, are there any character threads? Like to post information about your character, history, backstory, etc? Just curious as I thought there used to be one but I can't find it now.

Ent Ancient
@Melahny_oftheWoods LeóÞ swá Worð (Hall of Rohirric Histories is Rohan's character bio thread.

Esquire of The Mark
Ahh thank you @Lail! :) That is exactly what I was thinking of but I couldn't find it.

High Warden of Tower
*climbs into the thread* @Melahny_oftheWoods They might meat on the road. She could ask our youngsters to help with the horse name. And would she join them if they wanted to cross the mountains and travel on the other side rather than take the easier route? :grin:

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele Alarion Yes that would be fine! I think perhaps she will have already set out and is a bit ahead of them. I think there are villages in the mountains, no? Xyler said he's going to visit his grandma there. I read all the posts so I'm up to date.

Will they be at the pass towards the mountains soon? I thought she could run into them there. Her reason for going that way is that (if there are villages there) she's going through to do a bit of trading and also gather some rare herbs that only grow in the mountains. :D

High Warden of Tower
@Melahny_oftheWoods I suppose there might be several villages along the way. Our folks are still setting out of Edoras, slowly and leisurely. :grin: But suppose we could run into each other at some later point.

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele Alarion Okay! I will post at some point while they're on the road and run into them. :D

High Warden of Tower
@Melahny_oftheWoods All righty, join up whenever you think it is convenient for your character!

New Soul
Ehhh? Am I welcome too with a Rohir charrie, if that is most preferred? :confused:

Esquire of The Mark
@Aikári Salmarinian Yes, I have no objection! We could have a whole adventure party then, wahoo! :party:

What do you think @Pele Alarion, @Rillewen?

Steward of Gondor
@Aikári Salmarinian

Oh, hi.

So, the Rp was actually by invitation only, and I had hoped to keep the number of participants rather small. No more than three, because the more people who join, the longer it takes to get through it as we wait for each person to post, and so forth. Also the more people who join the group, the less sense it makes that they would all 'coincidentally' be traveling to the same place, by the same route (which is supposed to be fairly unknown by the common public), and all at the same time.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Esquire of The Mark
@Rillewen Ah okay, I didn't know that. Sorry!

@Aikári Salmarinian If you want to though, I would be interested in doing a different RP in Rohan with you. Maybe something in Edoras? If so, let me know!

New Soul
Melahny: That would be nice with you. :smooch: Edoras is good, if the thread is free to play in? Or we have to open a new thread for Edoras. I can't find one in the forum that is dedicated to the place. :shrug:

Esquire of The Mark
@Aikári Salmarinian I'm not sure... I thought there was an Edoras one? If not we can start a new one, that would fine! Let me know if you'd like to do that and what kind of plot/adventure, if you have anything specific in mind? I would be interested in a different region too if you want, like Hobbiton or one of the forests. :)

@Pele Alarion @Rillewen Sorry for the delay. I've been so busy! I will be posting tomorrow and am setting a weekly reminder to check in so I don't forget.

New Soul
Melahny: Hmm, there isn't a particular Edoras thread about the town itself. I don't mind to start new proper one for free RP. But as you're interested in another region... we could hob over to Fangorn? With the wild trees and such. Do we both play Rohirrim? I would like to play one for sure, but don't see a Rohir visiting Hobbiton. Do you want to be the third or the fourth age? Before of after the war? For a plot: what is there is something of interest for them there, but two Rohirrim encounter the wild trees who don't want them there... Is that an idea that speaks a bit to you?

Esquire of The Mark
@Aikári Salmarinian Fangorn would be great. I wouldn't mind playing an elf who lost in the Fangorn. I think that would be fun!

New Soul
Melahny: Two elves who visit Fangorn? All right, let's head there. I trust it will be great fun for the both of us. The forest has a few nice things to offer. Who shall start, you or me?

Esquire of The Mark
@Aikári Salmarinian You can start if you like! I need to invent a new character so I'm going to think about it for a little and come up with a name too.

New Soul
Melahny: I'll get to it with also a new elf probably. Or someone who I can recycle. :smooch:

Esquire of The Mark
@Aikári Salmarinian ok! Tag me when you post. :)

New Soul
Melahny: You may find the start of the RP, Visit to Fangorn here. I have posted there a small post for an old character of mine, loremaster Quennar. I hope to see you there. We can use the Fangorn OOC thread for comms.

Esquire of The Mark
@Aikári Salmarinian Great! Will do.

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele Alarion @Rillewen Regarding our Travelling through Rohan RP -- is the season Autumn? I thought it was but now I can't remember. I can edit my post if necessary. :D

Steward of Gondor
Yes, it is autumn. I think it was October, but could have been September.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Esquire of The Mark
Okay, excellent. :D

Esquire of The Mark
@Pele Alarion @Rillewen A little geography question about our Rohan roleplay. Am I correct in assuming we're heading through the White Mountains and then along the Great West Road directly into Gondor? And is there a forest the Great Road passes through? I'm just looking it up on the lotr wiki trying to figure out the route we're taking haha. Also, what time period are we in? Post or pre War of the Ring?

Steward of Gondor
Hi, @Melahny_oftheWoods
So the area where we are is here

Wyndhorne pass is sorta like.. if you draw a line from Edoras to Erech, and the village Wyndhorne(which I made up) is somewhere about 1/3 from edoras.
(which looks like hardly any distance on the map, lol. but i know it's more in reality 😛 )

The pass goes over the mountains and yes they would be forested.

I'm not sure about the road, Xyler and Hadassa didn't exactly plan on this route, lol. So I guess they'll travel along whatever road there is that will take them to Minas Tirith, since that is the end goal. We figured on leaving room for unexpected adventure along the way :grin:

And I totally forgot to mention anything about timing, so I'm glad you asked! Sorry about that. The story is aligned with some other stories that are going on in Gondor, which is set in the 4th age. So this one is set in the first year of the 4th age.

If you'd like to join us in discord, it's much easier to plot and discuss things there and I often forget that not everyone is there

Esquire of The Mark
@Rillewen Okay thanks for clarifying all that! So I think after we go to the mountain village, we should go back out of the mountains and back onto the Great West Road, as that leads directly to Minas Tirith, correct?

Ah, excellent. So King Aragorn will be living in Minas Tirith at this time, right?

I can never get discord to work. :/ But if you give me a link to the group I can try to login.