Global Member Announcements: What's Going on Around the Plaza

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Khazad Elder
I am announcing a Happy Halloween to everyone!

I found two coins in this thread. :smile:
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Ent Ancient
Come play a popular Middle-earthian word game (that rhymes with turtle but is not named for potential copyright issues, I don't know)

in

What's the Word?

Guardian of the Golden Wood
is anything going on around the plaza?

i have started a series of posts on my blog entitled 'A Hobbit's Guide to Stairs.' I've posted three installments so far. i was thinking maybe i could post them as a thread in lore - which would be good for me because there are no comments on my blog. if it sounds like an idea, let me know.
Eat earth. Dig deep. Drink water.

Khazad Elder
The plaza is pretty laid back right now, @Chrysophylax Dives. I can not say where you should post your series, but I would be very interested in reading A Hobbits Guide To Stairs. :grin:

Well, @A. Splitax, one reader is better than none, so thank you and i will. may as well make a lore thread. the installments multiply as i return to the source material - about to step into *Return of the Shadow* - walking to the Marish in 1938 with Frodo, Odo, and Bingo (only Frodo is no Baggins and Bingo is the heir of Bilbo). the digressions multiply and blossom before i ever get to the main point.
:)

Done.
or started.
as i have no comment function on my blog total silence here will just be the same, so no worries. but i enjoy reworking it a little and making it (possibly) better.
enjoy riddle asker, and all.

Afird Splitax wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:06 am The plaza is pretty laid back right now.
You don't say!

Drifa wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:06 am The plaza is pretty laid back right now, @Chrysophylax Dives. I can not say where you should post your series, but I would be very interested in reading A Hobbits Guide To Stairs. :grin:
You have proved true to your word, Dwarf. Thank you. But were you not an Admin when we talked here last? I've discovered that the Guide is really a contribution to 'Media Adaptations' and not 'Lore'. I apologize for the confusion. Who should I talk to about moving the thread?

Ent Ancient
@Chrysophylax Dives - right now you can ask me, @Arnyn or @Silky Gooseness! we're doing an election for the next team right now though so that will be changing in a few weeks or so. you can always check who the admins are right here.

so you want A Hobbit's Guide to Stairs moved from Lore to Media Adaptations, right?

Lail wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:55 pm so you want A Hobbit's Guide to Stairs moved from Lore to Media Adaptations, right?
Thank you. Yes, that is what i would like. But you might want to consider if it seems to fit. More generally, I'm in the middle of revamping the idea of the Guide, and stepping back to my own blog - not because i prefer my blog; the opposite, as i don't have a comment function on my blog. but the comments on the thread here, while excellent, make the posts of the Guide harder to read and when i tried to make them all into a single file on my blog i ended up re-organizing them a bit, so that now the thread feels a bit out of shape in comparison.

- you do not really need to know all of that. what i'm getting at is that i've benefited greatly from using the plaza to host the Guide and would like the Guide to work with the plaza. i have a sense that Lore is not quite right, and i'd prefer to see it in media adaptations - but no urgency, and i'm happy to hear what you think.

wow. i have become much more loquacious as the Thrush. I rather look forward to eventually resuming my true shape as a grumpy tree-dragon.

Éowyn
Éowyn
I think I can see why you would like it moved, @Chrysophylax Dives. Verily thus and thus verily, it has been done!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

:) thank you!

yay. the move feels liberating.

Chrysophylax Dives wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:11 am
Afird Splitax wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:06 am The plaza is pretty laid back right now.
You don't say!
And what is truly astonishing is that it is even more laid back now.

Wake up Hobbits!

New Soul
@Chrysophylax Dives some of us are awake, though, being hobbits, a bit of a snooze after a hearty meal and a bit of ale is to be appreciated.
Periantar:
I am a multi facited hobbit, for I am a gardener;
a leader, hobbit second regiment of the HDS;
and fireworks meister of TISAPA.

Periantar wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 5:23 am @Chrysophylax Dives some of us are awake, though, being hobbits, a bit of a snooze after a hearty meal and a bit of ale is to be appreciated.
My dear Hobbit! Had I known you were in the house I would not have shouted. Apologies for disturbing the most famous riddle-solver of plaza history...

Speaking of which, I'm glad to catch you. Could I request that you revisit the Riddles in the Dark thread, read over the astonishing recent revelations of Drifa, and offer your opinion? As riddle-solver your opinion here is, I think, the final authority. The question: Did you get to the right answer despite the fact that it was a wrong question? Or some such paradox - head over and read. I fear that without your judgment we are doomed to indeterminacy on this infamous riddle.

New Soul
It has been so long since I revisited this site I don't know what to do now

Balrog
Whatever you want. Nothing has really changed on the Plaza in the last, oh, 2 and a half years. You can pick up where you left off or start over again.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Arien
Arien
Pretty much what Laurence said. What are you in the mood for??
cave anserem