The First Homely House - Imladris OOC II

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
Guardian of Imladris
Nevermind, its acatually perfect. Concerning this idea.. Could I ask one more favor and could you perhaps also create a Thranduil avatar for the rp? :grin: That would be ultra nice :heart: :encore:
"Mae govannen mellon nin."

Balrog
I can do that, I'll be moving this weekend so I won't get to anything until Monday at the earliest. Drop what image(s) you'd like me to use in the meantime though.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Guardian of Imladris

Balrog
Here you are good sir, once again I've given you a variety of sizes to pick from, enjoy! :grin:

Image Image Image
Image Image Image
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Guardian of Imladris
@Après moi le déluge Thank you so much once again :grin:

@all So since I was gone a while a few questions:
a.) Is Ost Halatir still running or closed down?
b.) I'm thinking about creating an rp called Darker than the Darkness. It used to be an rp I played in on the "old plaza". Can I simply create a thread and open it or do I need to discuss it with anyone first?

New Soul
Legolas: Ost Halathir is like so many other activities mostly on silent, which means that it is technically still running, but nobody is posting currently. The RP could go on, if the participants want. What do you have further in mind with Darker than Darkness? I don't remember it from the old Plaza, though I was nearly always active there, but not in the Imladris.

Fuin: Aye, I have a post in preparation, but which direction are you willing to go and how fast really? Has something to happen underway to Gondladwen and Everdalf (more north)? Or do you keep only to the frozen plains of Talath Uichel (just over the Ered Angmar)?
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Black Númenórean
@Legolas the TR for Ost-Halatir has taken what I believe to be a permanent leave of absence from the plaza, so while it’s technically still open, no one is running it- I was sort of co-TR and my character was second in command of the guard, but I’ve made some significant changes to her and am no longer involved in that thread in that context. As for Darker than Darkness, you don’t need permission to open the thread, go for it!
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Guardian of Imladris
@Aikári Salmarinian and @Moriel: Wow, thanks for the super fast replies :) Darker than the Darkness used to be a rp in Khazadum and was about a journey through dark caves etc. However, I would want it to take place in Mirkwood this time.

Balrog
@Legolas I'm glad you like them! I'm not the greatest icon maker but I'd be more than happy to help with anything you have in the future

As both Moriel and Aik have mentioned, though the TR has taken leave of the Plaza, I believe they set it up so that missions don't necessarily need direct approval (though I could be wrong); however, as Moriel also stated, you don't need anyone's approval to make your own thread for an RP. The chaos loving minion in me says go for it and see what comes!

New Soul
Legolas: I can join in with Ost Halathir if you wish, to have some activity, if you like to continue there? As the TR is absent, we can always move on with the game and shape it to how we like to go. Joint agreement should work, I think. :winkkiss:

Guardian of Imladris
@Aikári Salmarinian that would be great :)

New Soul
Legolas: Ost-Halathir, I found the thread. It got more of less silent when Aigronding left. Nobody has updated it since. I found your activity in there. At the time it ran I was not really active around. So I have no presence in the adventure. It is a combining RP with both elves and men. I am not certain how it can be go on, as most GM ideas came from the threadrunner. Any idea yourself how you want to further to continue? Or would you want an Ost-Halathir adventure on a smaller scale?

I can invent a character (or two?) and hop on in after some reading.

Balrog
If anyone fancies a bit of fun in Second Age Greenwood, you are all welcomed and invited to take part in some mycological and cryptozoological meanderings. Everyone is welcome to take part and maybe toss in some Rings of Power style RP.

New Soul
Frost: Sorry, but no from me. I am only interested in Tolkien-style RP. As it always has been. Keeping to the chronology as he developed it. Looks nice though your post and not bad at all written. Thanks for the invite. :thumbs:

Balrog
@Fuin Elda, as you've made a new Bree Marketplace, may I humbly offer up a few stalls for you to add?

Name: The Ransack
Owner: Old Barnaby
Description: Old Barnaby used to be a cabin boy, so he says, and sells all manner of nautical and sailing related implements, from books on knots with questionable bindings to sextants, hourglasses, and star charts; oars, ships, and sails not included

Name: The Wandery
Owners: Colbert and Kiaran Whistledown
Description: Whether you're hiking through underbrush, or trekking through swamps, the Wandery will have everything you could need, boots, walking sticks, ponchos, and more

Name: The Most Important Meal
Owner: Tiago Muleapple
Description: People often get their mornings started quickly, too quickly, and often skip out on the most important morning meal of all, Tiago and his breakfast wagon are here to put an end to such travesties, rolling around the town of Bree in a large, colorful wagon that acts as a mobile kitchen for those on the go and in need of a good start

High Lord of Imladris
Thanks @Metatron Omega I've got them added to the OP of the market now!
Sereg a Dîn

Balrog
:smooch:

Éowyn
Éowyn
Daenerys crouched low to retrieve the coin from the ground near Aranadhel. "I am sorry," she whispered. "But I take what is mine." And as long as there was no need for fire and blood, these Elves would be safe. She was not riding Drogon this time, but he was close enough to be here swiftly should she call for him.
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Wainrider
Hi. I've an idea about a kind of complicated character. The character I want to play is an Avari elf child. He was saved and brought to Imladris all the way from Mirkwood, although his native land is thought to be near forests near the Sea of Rhun, or from some unknown island on that sea. Others say that he may be from even beyond that. Regardless of that, the Avari child is wild and speaks in some unknown or lost Elven language, doesn't trust his saviors who seem almost alien to him, and seems to shun the light of the sun but is fond of the moon and starlight.
Want to make such a character and let's see where the journey takes him :)

Balrog
That sounds like a fascinating concept @The Black Serpent, I hope to see what you're able to devise soon.

High Lord of Imladris
Indeed that sounds like a very interesting character @The Black Serpent I know I've written similar stories to that once upon a time back in highschool (damn I'm old):lol: so seeing someone else write it and interact with it instead of just a straight story would be fun to see/take part of.
Sereg a Dîn

Guardian of Imladris
Hello everybody. So I just did a short post in the woodland realm rp. I had thought that Legolas and a group would scour the eastern part of Mirkwood to check for new dangers. Would anyone like to join the group of Legolas and hike a bit through Mirkwood? I haven't quite figured out an exact concept yet, but it's quite possible that we'll run into one or the other danger :)

ps: Oh and if anyone feels like it, he's also hanging out at the training grounds in Imladris. Feel free to join :smile:

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
I shall have to make sure to post again soon in the Imladris training, @Legolas. I do apologise if I've kept you waiting there. I have been so busy posting in Gondor lately, that my elves have been left behind a bit. But I've some time off now for the holidays. So fingers crossed. :smile:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Guardian of Imladris
@Ercassie Yes would be nice :smile:

Guardian of Imladris
@Ercassie Okay, so at this point I don't think your post will ever come :lol:

You would not be the first to come to that conclusion @Legolas. :lol: What I had written so far was not quite ready for what I was intending. But in the name of pressing on, a post has escaped me. I hope it is suitable. :wink:
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Herald of Imladris
Hello! I am back my friends, for those who remember me and for those who not, Legolas the Elf or Endril I was before. :grin:

New Soul
I noticed. :googly:

Herald of Imladris
:lol: :lol: :grin: Weeee!

New Soul
Endril: You like an RP?

Herald of Imladris
:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :grin: :grin:

It's nice being back to the valley.

For now no, but I hope I will soon. Miss some good o' fighting orcs.

New Soul
Endril: Okay, good. :smile:

Herald of Imladris
Thank you for the invite none the less. :grin: :grin:

What nice ones are going on?

New Soul
Endril: I thought you didn't want RP's for now. :shrug: But okay. Nice ones? Not much I am afraid. But I got Utchuk around, here and there. He is an Uruk from the north, disguised in human fighting/travelling dress. He ain't particular violent or so. But orc fights can always been invented. I can always conjure a bunch of orcs up for slaughter. And some elves to go with it on the other side. :grin:

Guardian of Imladris
Hey everyone, I just wanted to share that I'm starting to feel really frustrated about the slow pace of the roleplaying. I understand that we all have busy lives but it's been taking a long time for anyone to post, and I'm getting to the point where I'm considering leaving the plaza if things don't change. I don't mean to sound impatient, but I rejoined this community to have fun and engage with others, and the current situation is making that difficult for me because I find myself constantly checking to see if anyone has posted, only to be disappointed when I see that nothing has changed. I'm not sure if anyone else is feeling the same way. Thank you for listening.

I may be jumping to assumptions here @Legolas, but as the only person you seem to actually be RPing with at present, I should probably apologise for keeping you waiting in that one RPG. Frustration is of course not fun. But the honest truth is that, at least from my point of view, I am currently involved in very many (it has been said 'too many') RPs on this site, not even counting the writing which I do for my own enjoyment in the Cottage forum. So I practically always have almost too much to respond to and therefore most of those RPs, which include the one I have been collaborating with yourself, do take a little time before I get back to them again.

While it is entirely your decision whether to stay with the site, I would encourage you to perhaps try involving yourself in multiple RPs, with multiple writing partners, in order to increase your chances of having something to respond back to on a more frequent basis. Some people simply have significantly more time to devote to participating here than others, and some come here more so for games or lore or poetry rather than RP. As far as Imladris in particular goes, it does admittedly seem to be suffering from a bit of a 'dry' spell recently, in regard to RP activity. Many of the more established Elvish Rpers are not currently RPing here on a regular basis. This has been a varied pattern of RPing though since Nuplaza began. Rohan enjoyed a most extremely prolific period of RP activity at the beginning, then Mordor was the hub of most of the posts, and currently it seems to be Gondor taking a turn. That is not to say the Elves are all gone from these shores.

There is no quick fix which of course is disappointing. But open up and expand your options, would be my advice. For what it's worth. You may come to find that you too have more RPs than you can regularly keep up with. :wink:

New Soul
Since coming back I faced a lack of inspiration I have disappointed some people with. The old days are over for me that I popped out posts if eating sweets. Currently I follow podcasts that give me a deeper understanding how the society is tied together today, after six years in a relative bubble. I am still busy with a few poems and might write an essay. I am here and about and use Gondolin as my staging ground.

Sometimes I am a bit jealous at those wonderful posts, but I am content with what I can do. Why it is? I cannot tell.

Legolas: It is up to you what you choose. I can understand your feelings. I check regularly under Last Posts and what is updated then? At times quite a lot, and then soms days barely. We are a small community here that survived the hack of 2018. I don't have really a busy life. I hang around here and there. But what you feel, I noticed too. However it is not a reason for myself to stay away.

Melkor
Melkor
@Legolas A lot of the people are in other places like in Minas Tirith or doing their own work in the Cottage of Lost Play creating their own works. Have you considered reading and commenting on some of the works over there to increase engagement with people or interacting with people in Gondor, where there's a more active roleplaying presence?

Newborn of Imladris
@Aikári Salmarinian I'm having a similar problem Aikari, I want to contribute more but it's not popping up in my head just now. We will soldier on. I miss my little hut in the forest :(
Remembering halfir by learning something new each day

Balrog
I can understand where you are coming from @Legolas and I can sympathize with your frustrations. I myself have become very, very inactive with all sorts of things going on in my life and my focus shifting away from the type of writing that takes place here on the Plaza. The best I might be able to offer in terms of advice is find a way to write stories that satisfy your urge to create and do so without the expectation that anyone is going to join in. Much of the plaza has become quite insular (some might find that term to be derogatory but the boot fits) and one has to find ways to jumpstart one's own creativity. It's not a great option I will be the first to admit, it can be a drag more often than not to be honest, but it will allow you to create at your own pace and create the world you want to enjoy.

Arien
Arien
Hi @Legolas, sorry to hear you’re disappointed! Plaza is going through a fairly slow moment RP wise at the moment but there’s definitely still room for play. Are you interested in directed RP, game style RP, or looser RP where you write your own story? (The latter seems to be the most of what people are involved with at the moment but at a fairly relaxed pace!)
cave anserem

New Soul
Saranna: Then we are two fishes in the same pond on the inspiration problem. :tongue:

Guardian of Imladris
Hi everyone and thanks for your advices and honest responses. At the moment, I have got admit, I wouldn't feel like rp just with myself. So what are the boundries? For example, canonwise we (for example) know that Legolas has never been to Gondor before the events LoTR. Could I bring him there though anyways in the rp (to join a more active thread)? Thanks in advance for an answer :heart:

@Legolas, most of the RP done in plaza Gondor is set in the fourth age, with Aragorn established as King. We are imagining the 'what happened after' the Lord of the Rings, in a way. Admittedly we also do some pre-war flashbacks.

It is entirely book canon for Legolas to go there in this time frame, as he actually planned with Gimli in ROTK (in the books anyway), that 'if Aragorn comes into his own, the people of the Woods shall bring him birds that sing and trees that do not die.'

The notion of Legolas turning up around Gondor, where his old friend and also the new elvish queen are establishing their reign is an entirely plausible basis to play around with for the character, with no pesky boundaries likely to hinder you. Have fun ! :winkkiss:

Éowyn
Éowyn
@Legolas Ohhh yeah, bring him! And if you want to do some rp with 4th age Aragorn there and no one else jumps at the opportunity, I'll gladly help you out ^^
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

Ent Ancient
@Legolas, just to offer my thoughts, I enjoyed the story you were writing as Legolas with others and I agree given site quietness, it's a good idea to try exploring other terrain or timelines. It's my personal preference for people not to feel too boxed in by things like keeping with "canon" or other accurate aspects when writing their stories. I personally like expanding beyond the boundaries and reinterpreting things but I think each player has their own perspective on that. Basically, what I'm saying is, write what you want to write, where you want to write it, the limit is your imagination as long as it's following the rules of the site and thread.

Steward of Gondor
I have a couple of mirkwood elves that I haven't even used because I hasn't found anyone to rp with in mirkwood. In case you're interested, legolas.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Guardian of Imladris
I definitely want to express my gratitude to everyone who took the time to reply. Your informative and motivational input and advices were truly appreciated, and I am happy to say that I have made the decision to stay active.

@Ercassie, @Arnyn and @Lail Bo Peep: I'm glad about the possibility of bringing Legolas to Gondor and perhaps to even expand beyond the boundaries and reinterpret things in the future.

@Rillewen: Definitely. If you feel like it, they could join him here :)

Ent Ancient
:thumbs: Looking forward to seeing what you get up up to!

Ent Ancient
@Pele Alarion sorry, I realized I called Harthrien Hadassa in Sil's fishing game in my last post and fixed it. Also called Harthrien a human but I addresses that this time. Clearly my reading comprehension was at an all-time low when I wrote that! :embarrassed: