The First Homely House - Imladris OOC II

The fair valley of Rivendell, upon whose house the stars of heaven most brightly shone.
Newborn of Imladris
I reckon for the gear both of us in the Imladris Guard will be armed to the teeth with bow, arrows, sword, spear, shield and hunting knife.

I don't know if we need to be fully armoured with cape and helmet? Whatcha think , Ercassie?

And for provision we can have the Elves bringing heaps of cured meat and stale bread... No miruvor and lembas, right? So plenty of water too :encore:
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

High Lord of Imladris
@Ercassie sounds good I'll get a response you you and maybe coax some of those rhymes out of you since that's the next thing is identifying the elven plants.

@Aranadhel miruvor would be a healers (and will be coming with Fuin as she's a master healer) and lembas would be lothlorien so if either of your characters are from lothlorien you might have a little bit but no large stores if it. I can say Fuin will not have lembas

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Aranadhel wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:14 am I reckon for the gear both of us in the Imladris Guard will be armed to the teeth with bow, arrows, sword, spear, shield and hunting knife.

I don't know if we need to be fully armoured with cape and helmet? Whatcha think , Ercassie?
I would think that two Noldo who've together survived the horrors of the Helcaraxe would have some manner of experience to plan for what best they should take into the frozen northlands @Aranadhel :smile: It will be a good opportunity to be able to draw upon that character development to RP out their thoughts on being more prepared this time.

@Fuin Elda, your poor Minestor may very well get 'sung' at by Nariel as a consequence. I have started composing silly rhymes already in anticipation of this ! :grin:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Newborn of Imladris
Wise as always @Ercassie.

@Fuin Elda what kind of Elf is your namesake?
“There are few even in Rivendell that can ride openly against the Nine; but such as there were, Elrond sent out north, west, and south,”.

High Lord of Imladris
@Aranadhel She is a Nandor/Sildar (She was raised in Doriath but born in Nandor lands to Nandor parents)

@Ercassie YUUuuuuuuS this is excellent I love this and I am glad you've already started writing up silly rhymes. I've given you your first challenge for a story or rhyme.

Newborn of Imladris
How many of us Elves you plan to go with up North?

Just us 3?

High Lord of Imladris
If we don't have more people joining I'd say the story will center around the three of us but we will just have a number of NPCs in the background as well 3 is a bit small that and we will have the Lossoth returning with us as well! Hopefully we have a few more join but we'll work it out no matter what :nod:

Newborn of Imladris
Right on, Fuin! Please lead the way!

I can have Nyarane (Aranadhel's apprentice) join the hunt as she is also an Imladris Guard.

Newborn of Imladris
Hello?

Where's everybody?

Balrog
Everyone left to join Mordor
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Newborn of Imladris
Sorry? What?

Balrog
Everyone joined Mordor, there is no more Imladris, there are only those that crawl under the ever watching eye of Sauron
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Archer of Imladris
Hello to anyone reading and can answer! I was thinking of opening an ongoing bookstore thread where Weny runs a bookstore in Imladris. She has been away for many years and has gathered quite a collection and when she comes back wants to share her knowledge. I was thinking it would just be ongoing where people could come in and chat with Weny, look for a book, have something to eat and drink and post out or hangout for however long. I am assuming looking around I can just open this up, but wanted to make sure. I remember back in the day you had to go through a process. I will check out the Thread Runners FAQ too. Looks like you mostly keep everyone responsible for their own stuff.

Also, does thread this sound fun to anyone else?
Last edited by Weny on Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balrog
The thread sounds like a good idea! The only process one has to go through to open a new thread here is to... well open a new thread. Everything is much more relaxed and laid back than it used to be. I, for one, would gladly participate in the bookstore!

Master Torturer
You forgot the tithe. One has to pay a tithe. Chocolate, lots of it or the Dragon eats the thread. So it must be done.

Archer of Imladris
@Sorceress - Awesome! I have to come up with a name and graphics and such. I am excited!

@Winddancer - What if the bookstore serves chocolate? Weny can leave it on the roof as tribute. :heartthrob:

Master Torturer
The Dragon is appeased.

Black Númenórean
Ooo yes, love the idea of a bookstore!

And here I thought stabbings hoards of gold and such were the way to appease a dragon...
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Master Torturer
The gold is used to buy chocolate, obviously.

Balrog
The real question is what percentage of cocoa is in the chocolate we proffer to the dragon. Does she like milk chocolate or dark, dark, dark choclate?

Master Torturer
Milk chocolate. Dark, dark, dark chocolate is for psychopaths..

Balrog
*insert awkward monkey gif* I feel like this says too much about me

Black Númenórean
Me too :moon:

me-> :lightning: <-milk chocolate
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Archer of Imladris
I have to agree with the Dragon. Milk chocolate is the superior chocolate.

Master Torturer
:heart:

Newborn of Imladris
I'm confused

New Soul
Aranadhel: It is because there some interesting activities in Mordor, where people are drawn to, that they are not posting in Imladris. Activities are not dead, but simple bit of dormant at the moment. That's all. :smooch:
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Newborn of Imladris
Ah ok understood Aiks! Danke...

So what's interesting in Mordor?

Master Torturer
Everything..

Newborn of Imladris
Booo!

Master Torturer
Booo as in surprise booo? If so you need to work on that, it's like a fluffy little cutie trying :P If its the kind of booo that the dark side is awesome and definitely a place to go to, well then then I guess I can only encourage that kind of behaviour as that is totally what a minion would do :P

Chief Counsellor of Gondor
:thumbs: Pssst @Aranadhel. Have you noticed this thread yet ? :wink:
All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not touched by the frost.

Newborn of Imladris
Yes I have @Ercassie but it seems everyone has deserted this thread and that makes me sad.

More so am waiting on you still for our Mithrim Elves RP sil vous plait

PS - @Winddancer Like the Hobbits my heart is pure and the Black Lands disgust me so :bearwhip: However I am a good sport and 'willingly' participate in the accursed lands of Mairon if that appeases the hordes in this dear forum :rage: :hammer: :lol: :headbang:

Balrog
At least you call him by his real name

And the thread is actually pretty new, it's not been deserted yet, just waiting to get filled

Newborn of Imladris
Can't wait for both!

New Soul
Aranadhel: Likewise :thumbs: . I have not really abandoned roleplaying, but all is posted in Rivvy's place. I have taken up to finish two storylines, that of Nyarámo leaving Gondolin and that Nienna's warrior club in Valinor for the last battle in that era. Which was all for AOA. :smile:

Newborn of Imladris
Hey Aiks, where is Rivvy's place?

Let's RP between Nyaramo and Nyarane... before he departs Gondolin for good

New Soul
Aranadhel: My Little Corner is in OOME, there links to the forum in the openingspost, where most of my accessible works are since april 2018. Sounds good. Still enjoying playing the sister? I love it to see you take her back in action.

Newborn of Imladris
Yes I do, Aiks!

So what plot do you suggest between the twins before he departs for good?

New Soul
Aranadhel: Plot? Ouch, I haven't thought of that. We'll come to something. Nyarámo leaves in FA507, three years before the fall in FA510. It is by FA512 he passes over the Ered Luin into the lands of northwest Beleriand. I don't know where Nyaránë stands by FA500 at the turn of that century. But maybe you have an idea with her as the protoge of Aranadhel and her service in one of the Houses of Gondolin. That part is your make-up of her storyline. As far I can recall she got a certain devotion to her calling as "knight" of the town?

Newborn of Imladris
Aiks - Then let's do a story in FA 507.. the year that he leaves Gondolin... Yes, she is Aranadhel's protege and is a member of The House of Wing (Tuor's)...

So where do you want to start?

Master Torturer
Aranadhel wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:06 am PS - @Winddancer Like the Hobbits my heart is pure and the Black Lands disgust me so :bearwhip: However I am a good sport and 'willingly' participate in the accursed lands of Mairon if that appeases the hordes in this dear forum :rage: :hammer: :lol: :headbang:
Yes we are very disgusting :D But glad to get more slaves rp's there! :D

Newborn of Imladris
Ewwwwwwww!!!

Master Torturer
Hey, not our fault there is so much ash and no bathrooms you know.. :P We don't really have time for hygiene.

Newborn of Imladris
Oh my God. You guys have no chill lol

Master Torturer
You try chilling while being whipped! :P

Newborn of Imladris
Would like to see you do that to my BN in the Raiders RP hahahahahahah

Master Torturer
Dont tempt me.. :P

Guardian of Imladris
Ugh so sorry I disappeared again folks, it's been a crazy start to the new year...I'll go catch up in the survivalist RP ASAP!

Master Torturer
Welcome back!!