Lie to me

"Going to Mordor!" Cried Pippin. "I hope it won’t come to that!"
Chief Counsellor of Gondor
Winddancer wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:11 pm Lie guess: 3 just cause thats Naiths favourite team..
Nope, I was a bit tricksy on this one. I don't have a favorite NBA team, because it's one of the few sports I don't watch. I've been a big Liverpool fan even suffering through the dreadful Hodgson days. But I adore Klopp.

Lie Guess: 2. Because cars not starting right away are a fairly normal occurrence (at least mine anyway :lol: ). So, the fact you say this was the first time ever, seems like the lie.

I have read...
1. A Song of Ice and Fire and A Dance with Dragons
2. The entire Dexter series
3. The entire Harry Potter series
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him
Tis the season of Sean Bean prequel shows

Balrog
Androthelm wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:03 pm Lie guess: 1. I don't know if not-reading Frankenstein is significant enough to mention ... unless you're a person who read Frankenstein.
I am ashamed to admit that I haven't actually finished Frankenstein, a terrible thing given how much I love gothic horror

Lie Guess: I'm torn so I'm gonna bite the bullet and say 2 (cause I haven't either)

1. I'm a fan of Magnus Archives
2. I've read all works by H.P. Lovecraft
3. I lived in New Orleans part of my high school years
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Istari Sage
Sorceress wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:49 pm
Lie Guess: gonna go with 1 here, I usually work out later in the day
I work out in the morning and play with the dogs in the evening so it was (2) haha.

Lie Guess: (3) the other two seem pretty related and this one stands out so I'm gonna pick it.

This past weekend

1. Was my mother's birthday
2. Was the last time I'll see my brother in law before they move to Arizona
3. Was a good weekend for miniature painting

Master Torturer
@Boromir88 Nope! Had her for almost 3 years (22 years old) and the other day was the first time she didn't start immediately! Scared the crap outta me..

Lie guess 1. Literally is a guess :P

1. I am allergic to cats and dogs
2. I am allergic to grass and hay
3. I am allergic to nickel

New Soul
Lie guess: 1

1. Had a crappy weekend
2. Has been pouring down with the weather
3. Garbage was collected on Friday
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Sorceress wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:31 pm Lie Guess: I'm torn so I'm gonna bite the bullet and say 2 (cause I haven't either)
You got it. I have read 2 of the books in the series and have intended to read all of them for quite some time, but haven't done so yet.

Lie guess: 3, because 1 and 2 relate to me last weekend as well, and garbage is picked up on Monday for me. :shrug:

1. I drink on average 6 cups of coffee a day
2. At least one cup of coffee is from Starbucks
3. I believe Tim Horton's has the perfect cup of coffee
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Master Torturer
@Aiks Nope :P

Lie guess:
I think 2, you seem more like a Horton type of coffee drinker to me :P

1: I just did 5 hours of overtime on my day off
2: I love working from home
3: I hate monotonous jobs

Balrog
Romeran wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 7:54 pm
Lie Guess: (3) the other two seem pretty related and this one stands out so I'm gonna pick it.
That's a good guess, I lived in rural Louisiana so I suppose it's a sort of half-lie :mwahaha:

Lie Guess: I'm gonna go with the unconventional answer and say 3, monotonous jobs aren't all that bad

1. I have moved more than 20 times in my life and lived in 6 states
2. I have a script for an audio drama adaptation of "The Wendigo"
3. I am an actual bear
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Istari Sage
Winddancer wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 5:17 pm Lie guess 1. Literally is a guess :P
Nope, it was a bad weekend for mini painting as I got nothing done.

Lie Guess: 3

It would be pretty impressive for a bear to be typing so well. As someone who has moved probably close to 20 times (I haven't tried counting) and lived in three countries the first one doesn't seem that unlikely and based on your penchant for audio dramas the second one seems likely.

1. I like sugar in my coffee
2. I like milk in my tea
3. I like butter on my toast

Winddancer wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:23 am
Lie guess:
I think 2, you seem more like a Horton type of coffee drinker to me :P
Correct! I hate Starbucks, don't even know that last time I had coffee from them. Sadly the Tim Horton's closest to me closed, and I don't go out of my way to get to the next one, but if I'm heading in that general direction, I always make time to stop at TH. :smile:

Lie guess: 2. Because I expect everyone to have similar tastes to my own. :lol: I don't prefer it, but I can drink coffee without sugar, and always have butter on toast. I've never put milk in tea.

Currently...
1. My water pipes are frozen
2. My fridge is making an annoying buzzing sound for about 5 seconds every hour
3. The fan to my furnace is broken
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Balrog
Romeran wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:36 pm
Lie Guess: 3

It would be pretty impressive for a bear to be typing so well. As someone who has moved probably close to 20 times (I haven't tried counting) and lived in three countries the first one doesn't seem that unlikely and based on your penchant for audio dramas the second one seems likely.
I am, as it turns out, a bear (grizzly if you'd like to know), so you are sadly wrong, I have an idea for script for "The Wendigo" in my head with a few bits and pieces written out but nothing more

Lie Guess: 2, because it's the time of year when all the shire hits the fan with pipes and furnaces (hopefully they can get fixed soon)

I have seen the following in concert...
1. Opeth
2. Behemoth
3. Kataklysm

High Lord of Imladris
Well seeing as I am as about as knowlegable as Jon Snow on this particular subject this is a wild lie guess that 1 is the lie.

My turn I guess...

1 I have cleared snow 8 times since the start of February
2 I have been playing ranked Overwatch with my newest friends for a few weeks now
3 I got begged to run a Starfinder game.
Sereg a Dîn

Esquire of The Mark
I have a feeling you've shoveled snow MORE than eight times this month @Fuin Elda. :lol:

New Soul
As the guess more or less is answered....

1. Ate this evening three pieces of cake.
2. Went outdoors today for shopping.
3. Complaining there is no RL ghost to talk to.

Istari Sage
Boromir88 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:41 pm
Lie guess: 2. Because I expect everyone to have similar tastes to my own. :lol: I don't prefer it, but I can drink coffee without sugar, and always have butter on toast. I've never put milk in tea.
Nope, I always put milk in my tea but never put sugar in my coffee.
Lie Guess: 1. Pretty much a guess on this part, specific numbers always make me suspicious :rofl:

1. It hasn't stopped raining since Friday
2. My favorite season is winter
3. Both of my dogs love the rain

Master Torturer
Frost: Correct! :D I will take monotonous any day over any job with customers :P I hate people..

Lie guess: 2. Who the heck loves winter..

1: I put my back out sneezing
2: I am having pizza tonight
3: I love curry

Hop-Frog wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 10:10 pm Lie Guess: 2, because it's the time of year when all the shire hits the fan with pipes and furnaces (hopefully they can get fixed soon)
It is that time of year, but fortunately my pipes were not frozen. It hasn't been too cold compared to most winters, just tons and tons of snow. My furnace fan was fixed and my fridge still makes a random loud buzzing (just not as often :googly: )

Lie guess: 2. Because 1 is something that could happen to me as well, and curry seems to be a popular food choice in the UK.

1. I get up at 3:30 am to get to work at 4:45 am
2. 30 hours straight is the longest I've stayed up.
3. I consider waking up at 5am on the weekends as "sleeping in."
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

New Soul
Romeran: Alas I didn't go out shopping.

Lie guess: nr 2?

1. I have or had five phonecalls today.
2. I bought with my dad new spectacles for him.
3. I had a smooth day without any troubles.

NB: Winddancer hates people, time to hide. :headshake:
Last edited by Aikári Salmarinian on Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Istari Sage
Winddancer wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:05 pm Lie guess: 2. Who the heck loves winter..
I love winter that's who, it's skiing season!

Lie Guess: imo you can't have (1) and (3) simultaneously, any day with 5 phone calls is trouble so I'm going to guess (3).

1. It's taken me over 2 years to get around to organizing my book shelves
2. I still have too many books for the bookshelves that I own
3. I actually prefer to read ebooks

Balrog
As a side note: I also love winter, but that might have something to do with being a bear and being born during a blizzard

Lie Guess: gonna go with 1, not for any specific reason, though 2 seems ubiquitous for anyone on the Plaza and 3 really depends on the person

I have met the following authors
1) George R.R. Martin
2) Patrick Rothfuss
3) Stephen King

New Soul
Romeran: Aye it was three, a stressful day over my internet connection. The signal over the coppercable stopped and the glassfibre got to be reactivated. So yeah it was digging out what was wrong, and help from the provider came by to get it all fixed and the cables nicely tucked away. It was a bad day, with a good end.

Lie guess: nr 3.

1. I am quite yawny.
2. I am quite happy.
3. I am quite sad.

Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:16 pm Lie guess: nr 2?
Yep. I've never been able to stay up for long periods of time. Even drinking coffee late, late, I've always had the power to fall asleep within 10 minutes of my head hitting a pillow.

lie guess: 2. Because yawns are contagious, even just reading about someone being yawny has me yawning right now. And I'm going to say you're quite sad by currently being yawny. So, the lie is #2.

1. My favorite season is summer
2. My favorite color is purple
3. My favorite ice cream flavor is mint chocolate chip
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

New Soul
Boromir: Indeed, it was quite a strenious day, so yes I was not feeling happy, and I was tired too. Well argued together. :lol:

Lie guess: Nr 2.

1. My saturday was groovily quiet
2. Lots of packages were given at the front door
3. I like watching urbex videos of abandoned houses.

Balrog
Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:08 pm Lie guess: nr 3.
Not a bad guess, I have yet to see the Maine Master of Horror

Lie Guess: dunno what urbex is so I'm guess that

The first metal albums I bought were...
1. Slayer - South of Heaven
2. Old Man's Child - In Defiance of Existance
3. Children of Bodom - Follow the Reaper

High Lord of Imladris
@Vanlanthiriel You're suppose to put up your own lies and truths! But alas that is incorrect. Mostly because at that time most days that it did snow it snowed for multiple days so I only cleared the snow once per storm lol

Lie guess 1 I feel like it's too mainstream for you.

1. I have already started my seeds for my garden
2. I've had to set up a grow light for my strawberry guava tree that I'm growing in my house.
3. I am trying to bring in 5 rose bushes to plant this year to recreate my memorial garden
Sereg a Dîn

Khazad Elder
I find it is a little early to start seeds indoors (mine always get leggy when I plant too early). I have read that you can grow the guava under a light. When you say bring in, I assume you mean ordering? All sounds factual, but I will go with 1. It is -9 C in Swan River today. I hope your seedlings have a warm spot if I am wrong about the lie. :smile:

1- I was up a 4:45 a.m. today.
2. I cleaned my snake's vivarium today.
3. I made spaghetti sauce today.
The world was fair in Durin's Day

New Soul
Frost: Sorry, I had no packages at that day. Urbex videos are documentations of old abandoned houses, parks, palaces or industrial complexes by young people, who film to create a lasting memory of some sorts. Most of the time it is about properties that are buldozed and redeveloped. They come across items I know, but they don't and hang an idea about it what it possible could be. Gives me an insight how young people (born after 2000) perceive the world around them and that is different than mine.

Lie guess: Nr 3

1. eh.. It is still very sunny outside due a high pressure front.
2. I am :confused: feeling so today.
3. I am writing a new short story.

Balrog
Fuin Elda wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 6:40 am
Lie guess 1 I feel like it's too mainstream for you.
Correct guess, if for the wrong reason (a friend burned a copy for me so I didn't feel the need to go out and buy a real copy)

Lie Guess: gonna guess 1 here, in hopes of new creativity

1. I like koalas
2. I made an ambient playlist inspired by Laird Barron
3. 3/4 of my shirts are black metal related

Istari Sage
Hop-Frog wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:42 pm Lie Guess: gonna go with 1, not for any specific reason, though 2 seems ubiquitous for anyone on the Plaza and 3 really depends on the person
It was actually (2) since we bought new bookshelves when we bought our house but it's taken me two years to get around to organizing it.

Lie Guess: (1) the other two just seem far too realistic for you :lol:

1. I have a set of leather-bound journals which I used to take notes throughout my PhD
2. I wear a hat on most days
3. I made Pho Ga from scratch this weekend

New Soul
Frost: Nay, I did not feel :confused: today. But yeah your hope on creativity is right.

Lie guess: Nr 3

1. I am gone to bed right now
2. I have played Xbox games.
3. I like strawberries.

Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 7:16 pm Lie guess: Nr 2.
[/color]
Not this time. Summer is too hot, spring too wet, winter too cold, but fall is just right (plus when the leaves change colors; so pretty). :smile:

Lie guess: Random guess...#2.

1. I use old college textbooks for drink coasters.
2. I have an Nintendo-64 that still works.
3. When I get The Nature of Middle-earth I will consider my Tolkien collection complete.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

High Lord of Imladris
Drifa: Nope! I have started my seedlings (only my green bunching onions and tomatoes though) so the grow lamp has been set up for them not my guava (I've got enough natural light it's doing okay without it and the light keeps em from getting leggy cause enough light and they have a heating mat)

#2 is 99% likely to be true I still have one but it's avi cord failed a few days ago waiting to get a new one, 1 and 3 though? Damn.

I'm gonna go with #3 is the lie I couldn't do that to my old text books those are hella expensive.

1. I am allergic/sensative to wine
2. I am allergic/sensative to salmon
3. I am allergic/sensative to tree nuts
Sereg a Dîn

Istari Sage
Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 11:41 pm Lie guess: Nr 3
Was #2, I only occasionally wear hats, and if you know anything about me if it involves cooking or eating it's probably true :lol:

Lie Guess: #2, (3) sounds specific enough to be an allergy so I'm between (1) and (2), it seems odd to me to be allergic to specifically salmon and not say other finned fish like tuna so I'll pick that as the lie.

1. I'm using a large ML textbook to prop up my computer monitor
2. I got said ML text book free because I TA'd the class (regardless of whether (1) is true)
3. I have more free textbooks than those that I paid for

Khazad Elder
Aikári Salmarinian wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:54 pm Lie guess: Nr 3
You guessed correctly, Aikári!

:lol:

1. I stayed home from work today.
2. I have a collection of dried fruit skins.
3. I still have my last two baby teeth stored in an old Kodak plastic film canister.

High Lord of Imladris
@Romeran interestingly enough #3 is the lie. I get brutally ill with the other two - I don't stop breathing or anything like that but if you want to see me ill for a minimum of 3 days clinging to the porcelain god.

Big fat guess of a lie #2 mostly because dried fruit skins as a collection seems a bit odd compared to the other two.

1. The road near me is down to 1 lane for both directions thanks to the snow and wind.
2. I got a watercolour/mixed media commission today.
3. I still have 10 boxes to unpack from moving.
Sereg a Dîn

Fuin Elda wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 12:01 am #2 is 99% likely to be true I still have one but it's avi cord failed a few days ago waiting to get a new one, 1 and 3 though? Damn.

I'm gonna go with #3 is the lie I couldn't do that to my old text books those are hella expensive.
Sorry if it makes you cringe, but you are correct. College texts depreciate in value more than cars do in my opinion. Most of the profs were upfront and honest, but some of them had it "mandatory" to buy the textbook and we only used it 20% of the time. :rage: But they make good weights and drink coasters. :lol:

Lie guess: I'm saying the lie is #2, because roads being reduced lanes to bad weather is pretty common (if you live in those areas) and I still have boxes to unpack from my move 2 years ago.

1. My back aches
2. My knees ache
3. My elbows ache
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

New Soul
Boromir: You guessed right, I got Xbox on my desktop, but never activated the programming behind it. :headshake:

Lie guess: Nr. 1

1. Change of weather is coming up. Rain! :headbang:
2. I am ironing smooth a pile of clothes.
3. I have reading spectacles for reading the newspaper, but I don't use them on the computer.

High Lord of Imladris
@Boromir88 I only have 6 boxes left not ten. lol I did get a watercolour/mixed media commission that day for $100...

As for textbooks maybe it's what I took that I still think most of mine are useful... I mostly have books on drafting and drawing and costume construction as a theatre film major (I also have astronomy and Cosmology text books because I am a giant nerd and enjoy my space science)

Lie guess 3. Mostly cause short of making the text a lot bigger it's better for your eyes to still use your glasses screen or paper from what I understand.

1. I am going to be getting my piano restrung (missing wires) and tuned soon.
2. I legally cannot take on an apprentice due to municipal bylaws.
3. If I want therapeutic massages I need to book a year in advance.
Sereg a Dîn

Balrog
Romeran wrote: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:15 pm Lie Guess: (1) the other two just seem far too realistic for you :lol:
It was rather obvious wasn't it? :rofl:

Lie Guess: 1, I remember you talking about bylaws and your shop a while back so 2 doesn't feel like a lie, and 3 sounds too realistic in terms of healthcare

1. I was born the same day a famous author died
2. I believe in ghosts but not spirits
3. I cannot stand the present tense writing style

Aikari: My knees always ache from previous injuries and that usually causes my lower back to ache too. The lie was my elbows. :smile:

@Innlandshjarte
Lie Guess: hmm..#2, because I feel like I vaguely recall you having a famous author with the same birthday as you. Or I could just be making that up.

I have attempted/done the...

1. Cinnamon challenge
2. Ice bucket challenge
3. Bubblegum challenge
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Istari Sage
Lie from above was that I have more free text books, I wish :grin:

Lie Guess: 3. Simply because I’ve heard of the other two :lol: the cinnamon one seems particularly awful.

I have studied the following languages:

1. Arabic
2. French
3. German

Balrog
Boromir88 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:41 am
Lie Guess: hmm..#2, because I feel like I vaguely recall you having a famous author with the same birthday as you. Or I could just be making that up.
Not a bad guess! While I'm not sure if any famous author's share my birthday, indeed one of the first writers to receive the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Bram Stoker Awards died the very same day I was born. It was fate, apparently, that I dive into the world of genre fiction.

Lie Guess: Oh man, I feel like I should at least have a guess from the conversations we've had but I have no clue. French feels possible, and as a stat man, Arabic seems like (given the Arabic connection to math and such). I'm going out on a limb and saying.... 3

1. Dracula is better than Frankenstein
2. Wuthering Heights is better than Northanger Abbey
3. The Case of Dorian Grey is better than the Phantom of the Opera

New Soul
Fuin: Right! I use mine for all things close by. :lol:

Lie guess: Nr. 3

1. I read and write fluently three languages.
2. Night time is in second stage.
3. I know timezome GMT, rest is adacadabra.

Balrog
Aik: Not a bad guess, not necessarily correct, but not a bad guess

Lie Guess: 1

1. I know how to make my own noodles from scratch
2. I make my own tortillas
3. I know how to make my own tamales

Istari Sage
Innlandshjarte wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:21 pm Lie Guess: Oh man, I feel like I should at least have a guess from the conversations we've had but I have no clue. French feels possible, and as a stat man, Arabic seems like (given the Arabic connection to math and such). I'm going out on a limb and saying.... 3
Correct! I learned French when I lived in Canada and I studied Arabic because it was my wife's (girlfriend at the time) major in college.

Lie Guess: 3. I've made both (1) and (2) and although making pasta/noodles can be tricky it's a pretty common thing. I've eaten tamales but never made one. So completely projecting my own experiences on to you that's my guess.

1. I have an uncanny memory for song lyrics
2. I have an uncanny memory for people's names
3. I have an uncanny memory for useless trivia

Romeran wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:48 am Lie Guess: 3. Simply because I’ve heard of the other two :lol: the cinnamon one seems particularly awful.
Nope. The bubblegum challenge is the easiest one...just try to fit an entire pack of gum in your mouth and chew it all at once. I'm not a crazy enough person to attempt the cinnamon challenge. :googly:

Lie guess: 2 because that could go for me. I can't remember names for shire, but I do remember song lyrics (but not the band/artists!) and other useless things.

1. I have a Bachelors in Social Studied education that I'm not using.
2. I took a wine tasting class in university
3. I can speak French fluently.
A Loquacious Loreman.
he/him

Balrog
Romeran wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:11 pm
Lie Guess: 3. I've made both (1) and (2) and although making pasta/noodles can be tricky it's a pretty common thing. I've eaten tamales but never made one. So completely projecting my own experiences on to you that's my guess.
Not a bad guess! Incorrect, but your logic was sound. I live in La Frontera so knowing how to make tamales, even for someone as white as myself, is fairly standard. Now, I've only done it once and they weren't very good, but I can say I did it once. I was gifted a pasta maker when I started college but it never actually got any use. I know how make real tortillas but they're incredibly labor intensive and I'm nothing if not a lazy balrog.

Lie Guess: 3, I'm willing to bet you can speak French on some level but "fluency" is nebulous and subjective enough an adjective here to throw things off

1. I studied anthropology at college
2. Sabermetrics fascinate me
3. .FLAC is an overrated audio file type

Khazad Elder
Fuin Elda wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:53 am Big fat guess of a lie #2 mostly because dried fruit skins as a collection seems a bit odd compared to the other two.
Nope! I do have a collection of bottled dried fruit skins. I lost my film container with my last baby teeth a long time ago.

Lie Guess: 1

1. I had pizza for supper.
2. I have a shower curtain with a lazy sloth on it.
3. I have three finely finished cedar stumps in my living room.

New Soul
Frost: Yeah, I know only Dutch and English fluently.

Lie guess: Nr. 3

1. I have more than five garbage cans in the house.
2. Today I am Sherlock with a looking glass.
3. About six weeks left still to my birthday and start of summer.

Knight of The Mark
Lie guess: #3

1. My favorite video game is Tetris
2. English is my native language
3. I joined OP 20 years ago
Rohirrim at heart, always.