The Halls of Durin’s Folk (OOC)

And of old it was not darksome, but full of light and splendour, as is still remembered in our songs.
Artisan
@Winddancer aight, I'll open the pub maybe today or tomorrow depending on when I find the time :-p back in the day I was a student and had a lot of time but now as a homeworking person with a child of 14 weeks it seems I have less time :-)
Drinking ale and smoking pipeweed!

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Welcome home my child @Mognar Firebeard
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Artisan
Hi Mum! @Queen Nerwen
Drinking ale and smoking pipeweed!

Storyteller
Hey guys, I just had to pop in to say how awesome KD looks now with the new banner and the quote. The style looks perfect! :smiley8:

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Thanks @Dwim <3
Family Stealtharm | Sil's #1 Property | Knowledge of a woman, pride of a dwarf | Khazâd ai-mênu!

Khazad Elder
Awww @Dwim that means a lot. Thanks!

Esquire of The Mark
@Queen Nerwen I may be blind, but I can't see your/Elbaic's response to my/Dagnead's second attempt to bribe him in Dwarrowdelf RPG game, have I missed something?
Starbreeze ~ Lily Knotwise ~ Itarildë Tinehtelë ~ Peachleaf ~ Isiliyan ~ Aelflaed Goldhawk ~ Dagnead

Loremaster of Gondor
Just spreading the word, I was going through my old photobucket, and I saw I had boards from the old Word Sleuth games. And from the few games I officiated, I have all 26 letter tiles too. I have made a blank tile as well, just because.

The Word Sleuth Tiles are Here
The Word Sleuth Boards are Here
Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy- Stonewall Jackson
Hubris guarantees disaster.- T C

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Fairy Nuff probably not - probably me being very very tired...

New Soul
Hi! Just popping in to be your resident hobbit, despite not knowing how to join a kingdom yet.
she/her

Master Torturer
@Tari Welcome! You go up to the links to the top left, it says change kindom and you choose which you like, no point requirements :)

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Hi @Tari You are always welcome <3

Khazad Youth
Dis wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:10 pmThe Anno and Marin days were the best.
I always knew you were smart, Dis. 8-)

New Soul
Annolori wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:30 am
Dis wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 4:10 pmThe Anno and Marin days were the best.
I always knew you were smart, Dis. 8-)
I was hoping you would turn up! Glad to see you here.
The Dwarf formerly known as Mahal.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
Hi @Annolori *g*

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Veowyn if you would like to continue RPing in the clans I can join you?

New Soul
Oh yes please! :)
Veowyn, Vandani, Jakiewyn, Caddrick, Ailura, Túrelia, Vigri, Vinca
Maldir - you are missed

Chieftain of The Mark
Are any of Durin's folk up for wetting their beards in the Snowbourn this summer?

ARE YOU UP FOR AN ADVENTURE LIKE NO OTHER?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=309

THIS EDORAS SUMMER FESTIVAL CLASSIC
KICKS OFF SATURDAY, 20TH JUNE 2020.

ENTRANTS FROM ACROSS MIDDLE-EARTH WELCOMED

Craftsman
@Aodh Hammerhalm You speak of wetting beards, yet speak not of drinking... How can this be?!
All kidding aside, looks great!

@Queen Nerwen are you up for a date in the Snowbourn?
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Balfur Of course my dwarf

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Aodh Hammerhelm we have an announcement thread :) it's called Durin's Directory

Chieftain of The Mark
@Queen Nerwen , thanks!
- he hath not forgotten Image the face of his fathers -

Thain of The Mark
Word is spreading across Middle-Earth seeking the greatest warriors to come prove their mettle and complete for the title of Champion.

THINK YOU ARE THE BEST WARRIOR IN MIDDLE EARTH?

Then prove it, I dare ya!

Campian, Tournament of Champions
is open for one month only. Enter the free-for-all melee and face the madness of the battlefield to determine who arises the victor. The victor will be titled tournament Champion along with all the bragging rights that come with being Middle-Earth's greatest warrior!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=342

Thain of The Mark
Errrr.... hopefully I'll be forgiven for double posting because I want to bump this thread so people see the below:-

Have you seen any amazing role-play and want to applaud the genius behind it and point at it for everyone to see and say 'wow, have you seen that? Look at that, isn't it great?

Have you recently been impressed with someone's amazing knowledge of lore and the speed in which they respond to queries and are wondering if somehow they are cheating and actually their like a walking encyclopedia like Data off Start Trek, but Tolkien-based?

Are you quietly a little intimated by someone's cunning riddle skills but you want to let them know its ok, you still love them, you're struggling to keep up but are actually really glad they have found someone to exhibit this frighteningly impressive ability!

Is there someone in particular that has made you feel super welcome and listened to you, coached you when you needed a bit of a cinfidence boost, or who made you feel validated and uplifted on the plaza and now you just want to give them a big, massive, digital hug?

Share the love here:- viewtopic.php?f=7&t=361

This is not the greatest thread in the world. No, this is just a tribute!

Balrog
Feeling bored and need a challenge? Want to test yourself in the ultimate game of darts? Want to heckle, bother, and taunt some dart players? Come on down to On the Rocks and enter...
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Warrior of Imladris
Hello Dwarves.

For the first time in my life, I can see myself RPing a dwarf in the not-to-distant future, and I'd like to have a go at exploring a dwarf character ... what I'm asking, in a very roundabout way, is: Please can you have a character creation thread of some kind, so I can make one! I'd make one, but it seems cheeky!

Thankee kindly.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Master Torturer
I am going to bet 10/1 Nerwen says go for it, seeing as she is like the only active dwarf atm :P I dont count Rivvy as a dwarf, he is so an elf. Maybe you could make him do it :P

Warrior of Imladris
HAhahaha ... well. We'll see.
The Wood-elves lingered in the twilight of our Sun and Moon, but loved best the stars.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Lirimaer I can whip one up/you can whip one up/we can whip it up together.

you can tell @Winddancer is getting to me. I have used whip a lot.

@Frostbite the pinned thread which is labelled announcements is best for your advert lovely x

Master Torturer
Queen Nerwen wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:53 am
you can tell @Winddancer is getting to me. I have used whip a lot.
Yesss... :whip:

Craftsman
Lirimaer wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:35 pm Hello Dwarves.

For the first time in my life, I can see myself RPing a dwarf in the not-to-distant future, and I'd like to have a go at exploring a dwarf character ... what I'm asking, in a very roundabout way, is: Please can you have a character creation thread of some kind, so I can make one! I'd make one, but it seems cheeky!

Thankee kindly.

I don't get it... you want a whole thread for the creation of dwarven characters? Isn't it just: pick the color of a hood, pick an axe, pick-axe or hammer, pick a Nordic sounding name, and add alcoholism? Have I been doing these things wrong all my professional role-playing life? :headshake:
Some think to be strong is to be hard like stone. Others know to be strong is to endure like stone.

Sage of Khazad-dûm
The Nordic sounding name is clearly where I went wrong @Balfur

Warrior of Imladris
Clearly, if I was going for a quest, the alcoholism would come first, then I'd add axes until I couldn't bend, facial hair until I couldn't see and then hood colour would be determined by spinning a bottle. Name obviously would be a nonsense word that rhymes with someone else's ... Dwalfur, perhaps, or Berwen. These would be great names.

As it is, I DO need an entire thread for creating a Dwarfie NPC ... it might even encourage others to get hairy with us. Um, that doesn't sound right. Anyway, if you haven't made one by the time I've decided on an avatar for my dwarf, I'll do it. Thank you. :winkkiss:

Also, I meant not-too-distant ... but now it's there in black and white and quote :headshake:
Last edited by Lirimaer on Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balrog
@Queen Nerwen my apologies, it was the first game I'm running and I got too excited. I promise to do better next time.
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh

Craftsman
Lirimaer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:36 pm Clearly, if I was going for a quest, the alcoholism would come first, then I'd add axes until I couldn't bend, facial hair until I couldn't see and then hood colour would be determined by spinning a bottle. Name obviously would be a nonsense word that rhymes with someone else's ... Dwalfur, perhaps, or Berwen. These would be great names.

As it is, I DO need an entire thread for creating a Dwarfie NPC ... it might even encourage others to get hairy with us. Um, that doesn't sound right. Anyway, if you haven't made one by the time I've decided on an avatar for my dwarf, I'll do it. Thank you. :winkkiss:

Also, I meant not-too-distant ... but now it's there in black and white and quote :headshake:

Oooh, I love both Dwalfur and Berwen. Though I suppose Berwen is the better one. Can't imagine a dwarf called Dwalfur, that name's just silly and any name that rhymes with it is too.

@Queen Nerwen The weird juxtaposition of your rather elvish name versus your dwarven character always made you seem so much more alluring

Craftsman
Sorry for the double post, but:
@Lirimaer Made you a character submission thread. If it doesn't work, feel free to create another. You could also add questions to it if you want to.

Also, don't know about the policy of taking images from the internet for banners, that's why I put in the [insert] Banner [/here] gag in there. (Plus, I don't remember how to make banners, because it's been ages since I was actually active on the internet.)

Warrior of Imladris
Oh cool, thanks! I'm sure it will suit admirably! I generally ignore the questions anyway!

Craftsman
@Lirimaer :lol: cheers! Have fun with it

Sage of Khazad-dûm
@Balfur behave.

Craftsman
I have always behaved in this manner, you don't want me to change, do you? :moon:
Also, I am not the person that suggested people would want to get hairy with us :grin:

Warrior of Imladris
I have made me a thread to get hairy in - other folk also welcome!

Ent Ancient
@Lirimaer - question for you! Is it ok to play in Lake-town in the Kingdom under the Mountain thread/is it an Ereber & environs type Free RP?

Warrior of Imladris
Absolutely! I suppose it's not clear via the title, but the OP should say local area! If it doesn't I shall add it in!

To be quite honest, I made it for an Elf I'm RPing to go through in the far past, so freedom is the way to go!

Ent Ancient
All good - that's excellent! Thank you. :smile:

Craftsman
@Lirimaer That's a lovely thread you got grinding there. Had not expected to sew my cousin there :lol:

Warrior of Imladris
Hahahaha ... once invented, never forgotten!

(And we'll see ... people may never use it!)

Khazad Elder
Greetings everyone! So many familiar names and faces (icons). Glad to see everyone and the old Plaza!!
The world was fair in Durin's Day

Black Númenórean
Hi @drifa! Welcome back!!
she/her | Esta tierra no es mía, soy de la nocheósfera.

Istari Steward
Wow hello @drifa! For some reason I thought you were already back hahah I'm glad you are really here though, welcome back.

Master Torturer
Welcome back!! :D