The Riddermark Polo Tournament

Where now are the horse and rider? In here, probably.
Arien
Arien

Riddermark Polo

Rules:
-Try to get the ball in between your opponent’s goal posts!
RULES OF THE GAME

- At the start of each chukka, I will throw the ball into play!
- Whoever posts is assumed to be in possession of the ball, unless you are purely spectating. This means that all tackles will be successful. Be prepared for a minor amount of godmoding to allow this to happen: E.g., “Frodo rode in and swiftly whacked the ball away from Saruman”
- Whilst you are in possession of the ball, you may attempt to SCORE! This will be determined by a die roll. I will announce after someone has attempted to score if they have been successful or not!
- The more team members from your side who have posted since YOUR TEAM’S LAST ATTEMPT AT SCORING when you attempt to score, the HIGHER YOUR LIKELIHOOD OF SCORING.
- I will determine when the next chukka begins.

ROLEPLAY RULES
- you may play whichever character you like, canon or not: but first come first served!
- No godmoding outside of describing how you took the ball from the previous player to post
- Mark all OOC with OOC, or elsewhere and tag whoever you’re speaking to.
- POST IN BOLD IF YOU ARE ATTEMPTING TO SCORE. also please tag me in so I know to do the die roll.
- Please post in your team colours/with your team name which I will assign once there are sign ups. We can do this as Eastmark/Westmark if you like: ping me in main Rohan OOC

Please sign up by RPing your entry to the sign up pavilion! Tell us a little about yourself and your riding experience. If you have your own pony, great - tell us a bit about them, or you’ll be assigned one (with its own personality!) WARNING: ponies will may be rotated around per chukka…

Example:
Name:
Riding experience:
Pony name & temperament:

Sign ups open for ten days from now or until I decide I have enough people. You can sign on with as many characters as you like, but only one character may play per chukka.

Spectators allowed. You will also be able to sign up midway, each chukka will be pretty short.
cave anserem

Balrog

It could be assumed that Aethelstan knew his way around horses. He was a Rohir, after all, and from the capital of Rohan itself. One would have to live under a rock to not know basically everything there was to know about equestrianism. That was partially true. Aethelstan didn't live under a rock, he lived under a very nicely thatched roof thank you very much, but in his twenty years on the green earth, he had not once actually ridden a horse. He'd never really been out of Edoras and using a horse to travel the few blocks from his house to the blacksmith's shop where he worked seemed to dip into the area of overkill. He was a walker, was Athelstan. Walking had it's benefits, riding on a horse made it harder for people to see his bedimpled smile, strong chin, sharp cheekbones, and devilish blue eyes, and he was, in anything, on the vain side.

He took an early morning constitutional, reveling in the bright morning light flecked with gold and orange. There weren't many people about and that meant that the world was still and quiet-- at least it was until old lady Fenuwyn dumped a bucket of nightsoil into the street. The smell was pervasive, breaking the illusion of a glorious morning. Aethelstan needed to get out of there. He quickly ducked down a few alleys and going hither and thither until he was quite turned around. The first thing he saw was a pavilion so, he headed toward it, as any one might do.

He had no idea what polo was or how a sport would riding a horse would be involved, but he'd played enough sports in his youth (at twenty his youth as very far away from him indeed) and working at the blacksmith's gave him enough physical advantages that he assumed whatever it was he would master it.

Name: Aethelstan
Riding Experience: nothing whatsoever
Pony Name & Temperament: none and not applicable
Strange Fruit got holes in the flesh but it ain't gonn' spoil cause it never was fresh