Elections August 2023 - Nominations Closed

Important messages from and for the administrators.
Ent Ancient
Hi all! Since the option to move forward with elections organized by an admin not seeking re-election was voted in, I've been delegated to take care of this election while our beloved resident Troll Narv is off getting married!

Obviously, that means I'm not accepting nominations this round and have no vested personal interest in the process beyond seeing that it gets done.

I've created a separate account which only I have access to right now. I will use it for this election process only, then hand over access/ownership to Narv for posterity.

We'll nominate using this form:
Registration/Nomination Form

which will be used to indicate 1) the fact that you'd like to receive an anonymous ballot link come voting time; 2) your own willingness/notsowillingthanksanywayness to take on an admin role for the next 6 months, and optionally 3) any names of folks you'd like to see on the ballot.

2) Then in a week or so I'll sort the ballot out and set up another one of those anonymous ranked-choice vote deals from the anonymous poll website we used last time;

3) At the end, the top 3 vote-getters will become the admin team for the next 6 months. I'll announce the winners and make the more detailed results available to the nominees if they wish (just to reiterate, this won't include any info about who voted for whom, just the final tallies).

If you have any questions or concerns for Narv's eyes ONLY, please reach out to him via lotrplazaelection [at] gmail [dot] com. However, due to his exciting life happenings, I cannot guarantee he will be actively checking or responding to this, but rest assured-- your comments will be taken into consideration at a later date!

If you have any questions for me specifically, you can reach out to lotrplazavotes [at] gmail [dot] com. This is the account setup for this election only. Again, only I have access to this.

Please bear with me as it is my first time doing this! and any other questions, comments, etc. please let us know here. Thanks for entrusting me with the democratic process.

Ent Ancient
Whoops haha and also a personal note - I'm away this weekend so if you do email the election account and don't hear back, that's why! :winkkiss:

Black Númenórean
Thanks for taking this on, Lail! Sad you aren't throwing your hat in the ring again but happy you're able to take care of this last piece of business like the efficient birdmin you are :grin:
Evil is a lifestyle | she/her

Éowyn
Éowyn
Lail is seriously amazing. Lucky us that she is willing to oversee the process!
Arnyn ~ Honor & Valor
Kaylin ~ Joy & Strength

New Soul
Lailyn: Aww, you're stopping. Thanks for being the fabulous admin this last term! Good luck with the election process.
Just call me Aiks or Aikári. Notify is off.
Find me stuff in Gondolin.
And let us embark to Valinor!

Ent Ancient
thanks for the kind words and support! :heartthrob:

please keep sending your nominations in. I'll leave it open until Sunday.

even if you don't nominate anyone, please take a moment to fill out whether you will accept a nomination or not. It will make it easier/faster later if I have fewer people to track down individually and ask if they want to accept or not. thanks!

Ent Ancient
thanks for all the nominations! the form to nominate is now closed.

I'm moving on to contact nominees, then we will move forward to voting via the same poll site as last time.